PDA

View Full Version : 76 two pair, beaten on flop?or not

Briman51
08-23-2007, 10:21 AM
So I'm in a $0.05/$0.10 NL Holdem game, which isn't particularly loose. I haven't noticed Villain bluffing yet, or playing weak hands, he hasn't really been involved.

So here's the hand:

Total number of players : 8
UTG( $21.95 )
Seat 4( $24.43 )
Seat 3( $17.34 )
Hero ( $18.6 )
Cut Off ( $5 )
Button ( $11 )
<font color="red">villain </font> = Small Blind ( $14.25 )
Big Blind ( $2.02 )

PreFlop ($0.15):
UTG limps, seat 3 folds, seat 4 folds, Hero (7/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) raises to $0.40, cut off folds, button calls, <font color="red">villain </font> calls, big blind calls, UTG folds.

[So four of us take the flop]

it comes...6/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop action ($1.70):
<font color="red">villain </font> bets $0.5, big blind folds.

[What's my action here? I feel his most likely holdings are KJ or AJ]

Hero raises to $1.50, button folds, <font color="red">villain </font> reraises to $3.50.

[What do you think he most likely has at this point? What line do I take?]

Hero calls.

The turn comes 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Turn ($8.70) action:
<font color="red">villain </font> bets $5.00.

[At this point I couldn't think of a single hand I could legitimately beat]

What do I do?!?

Any input would be great, cheers guy, Briman51

jack492505
08-23-2007, 10:26 AM
fold preflop? I don't really like a raise two off the button with an limper already, but that's just me. If you've noticed villain as being tight this is a tough spot. You're probably beat, only hand that you beat is AJ, and if you haven't noticed him doing much I would say this is most likely a set. Thinking about it now it's probably a fold but, if I were playing it in the heat of the moment I'd probably shove FWIW. .

LOLDONKBETZ
08-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Ummm, push?

Do you think villian has J6/J7/JJ/22/J2/72/62/66/77 ? I sure don't. Looks an awful like QJ/J10/KJ/AJ, maybe even some terrible TT/QQ/KK/AA play. Get it in there

Briman51
08-23-2007, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop? I don't really like a raise two off the button with an limper already, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree, can't justify it except that I'd been folding 90% of hands for thirty minutes or more and was bored.

I was thinking he most likely had a set. Is there any case for calling on the flop instead of reraising, to control the pot soze when you're beaten?

jack492505
08-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Do you really think a Villain that hasn't been involved in many hands and hasn't played them all that agggressively is playing weaker jacks like this. AJ and maybe KJ make some sense, but I think a lot of his range is sets. Like I said I push if I were playing the hand, but thinking about it now, I don't think your hand is good.