PDA

View Full Version : 50nl - AA faces river donk

ddrstel
08-23-2007, 09:11 AM
No reads. Call or fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $49.50
BB: $164.60
UTG: $48.50
MP: $50.00
CO: $67.50
Hero (BTN): $49.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BB calls $3.00

Turn: ($9.75) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, BB calls $7.00

River: ($23.75) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $23.75</font>, Hero...?

VivaHate
08-23-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm not folding AA here, his line is so weak throughout then he donk bets i'm guessing if he had a set he raises flop due to fdraw most likely he missed his flush, or he's being a donk with KQ.

sabbooo
08-23-2007, 09:35 AM
fold. hero showed strength over 2 streets, why should villain try to bluff him here? maybe he had a club draw with a six in it or he hit two pair. so many hands that beat u.

boycalledroy
08-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Excluding any King like KJ, KQ, AK. I can't think of any suited connector hand that has not made 2-pair at least here. Even TJ has hit it's runner runner. The problem is with that turn card is that any hand I can see him holding for a flush draw has now picked up a more powerful combodraw so he is at least 33% to win the hand.

If he is on a naked flush draw then you just have to allow him to outdraw you. But with that board and his position I think you HAVE to check behind here against an unknown.

As played I'm calling because I want to know how he plays such hands out of position. I also think AK, KQ, KJ (clubs) make up about enough of his range to just edge towards call. Information plus chance of his showing with a weaker king.

InsideEdge
Fold. Villains line almost always means your beat IMO. Readless of course.

xeanatic
[ QUOTE ]
fold. hero showed strength over 2 streets, why should villain try to bluff him here? maybe he had a club draw with a six in it or he hit two pair. so many hands that beat u.

[/ QUOTE ]

what realistic hands do you see that beat our hand?

Baintz
08-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Tough spot. I want to call because ZOMG! I HAVE AA, and he could have a busted flush draw, but there are alot of combinations of XcXc (you have the Ac) that now beat AA on that board.
No to mention that you lose to any other hand he played strange like a set or 2 pair on the flop/turn.

It's probably a fold, but at the table I'd say 'I know he has me beat', call anyway, and start steaming when he shows Q /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif or some other rubbish.

ddrstel
08-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, I turbo called because i was steaming from a bad beat on another table.

After the session, i reviewed the hand and at first glance i was on the fence.
What swayed me here to call was that he could easily be donking here with a hand that we beat. I've seen many players cold call AK out of the blinds and proceed to "trap" their victim. He could be thinking that his KQ/KJ is good here and is now deciding to make his play.

What i didn't add in my original post was that the pot bet was literally instantaneous... Almost as if he wasn't concerned with the river card.