PDA

View Full Version : NL50 - 200bb, weirdly played TP2K

restless
08-23-2007, 06:56 AM
i'm not at all sure if i played this hand correct or even decently. all streets are questionable imo, turn and river mostly so.

Villain is 70/15/3 over 35 hands. he's obviously aggressive but the small sample makes it hard to figure out in what way he's aggro.
fwiw, he hadn't been acting like a maniac at the table, maybe he donks a lot and folds a lot?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $99.49
BB: $50.00
UTG: $98.69
MP: $94.19
CO: $55.67
BTN: $52.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BB folds, MP calls $2.50, BTN folds

Flop: ($7) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, MP calls $5.00

<font color="blue">not sure about my cbet here... i'm pretty vulnerable to a raise, so maybe this is a check?</font>

Turn: ($17) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $18.50</font>, Hero calls $18.50

<font color="blue">i decided to let him bluff this, and to keep the pot under control. well i got him to bet, but his bet is pretty massive. still i feel that i have to call it, given my intention to induce a bluff.
</font>

River: ($54) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22.00</font>,

<font color="blue">so, i didn't like his huge bet on the turn and the prospect of facing another overbet here didn't appeal to me. i decided to go for a blocker in order to hopefully keep him a bit more honest. the bet is quite small but still i think it signals some strength and should keep him in check a bit.</font>

whyzze
08-23-2007, 07:19 AM
his range is huge so you need to bet the turn for value.

If you were bluff inducing then check raise the turn.

bob_sacamano
08-23-2007, 08:45 AM
c/r the turn for sure.

as played, i think the block bet was good. what scares me a little there is the J on the river... lots limp that on NL50.

restless
08-23-2007, 08:51 AM
do you guys prefer c/r ai or c/r to 60-65ish? (which practically commits me)

what's his calling range?

mattnxtc
08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
If he calls I cant see what you necessarily beat.

Why did you not continue with your betting on the turn? Plan to c/r him? If so how you raise wont matter since most bets will commit you on the river anyways.

restless
08-23-2007, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you not continue with your betting on the turn? Plan to c/r him?

[/ QUOTE ]

no my plan was to c/c. (for pot control)
my thought on the turn was that if i bet i fold out a lot of crap that he might otherwise stab with if i let him.

sabbooo
08-23-2007, 09:49 AM
what's the use of a check raise on the turn?? only better hands will call u and u get to fold a bluff. no draws on the board except 45 and against that u are already drawing dead.
i would just wait for better spots and fold the turn. obviously he could just call with a set on the flop cause he doesn't need to protect.
Even if he has a high vpip it doesnt mean he plays bad postflop. If he has a set he played it very well cause that overbet looks very suspicious and he knows many preflop raising hands include an ace and he gets a call out of you.

So u have to play a huge pot with a marginal hand. Folding in those spots is always a good solution and it wont effect ur winrate much. Just wait for a better spot and take a note of this hand.