PDA

View Full Version : 66 - too aggro?

raze720
08-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm new to 100nl having beaten 50nl for 5.5ptbb/100 over 50k+ hands. The increased aggression is causing me to tilt sometimes (something I had completely under control at 50nl) and I find myself being too aggressive.

In the following hand I figured he would wait until the turn with 66 or 8x and so decided to 4-bet. However, looking back at the hand, I think the flush draw on board makes my play too aggressive.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $74.75
BB: $95.50
UTG: $98.50
Hero (CO): $99.50
BTN: $162.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6h 6s (5 Players)
UTG folds, Hero raises to $4.00, 2 folds, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($8.50) 8h 3h 8d (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $6.00, BB raises to $18.00, Hero raises to $50.00

At 50nl I know I can let a player to outplay me from time to time and it doesn't matter cos I don't have to win every pot to be a solid winner at that level. Moving up to 100nl, however, I feel a lot more under pressure and when my c-bet's are being called so much more often I start to panic.

With regards to bankroll, the last time I took a shot at 100nl I had $3k and didn't leave till I'd dropped to $2k (played bad, ran even worse.) Now my roll is up to 2.4k and I'm taking a 4-buyin shot. Having taken a 10 buy-in shot and losing I now much prefer the idea of 4-buyin shots. During my 10 buy-in shot I feel the fact that I ran real bad coupled with the fact that I was sufficiently bankrolled tempted me to stay at 100nl longer than I should have.

All comments much appriciated, thanks.

EDIT: No read on BB.

dersl
08-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Please select 2+2 in the converter as output next time instead of plain text, makes it much easier to read.

I think he might make a move on you, but without reads I'd just let it go. He calls from the BB, hands like 87 are definitely in his range. So you are either slightly ahead against OC+FD or way behind, drawing to 2 outs. But since you got horrible reverse implied odds, and you both are 100bb deep I'd strongly advise you to fold the flop. You have bet like 10bb and still can get cheaply out of the hand. Don't miss that chanche.