PDA

View Full Version : NL20 Deep. AA on dangerous board

Advent
08-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Two hands from yesterday.

Hand 1 : I just sat down and have no info about the other players. Is the best play to call flop, and reevaluate turn?
******* Hand 1 ********

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.1/$0.2
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $54
CO: $14
Button: $31
SB: $43
Hero: $40

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.9</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.7, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.4</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>

Main pot: $[/i])

Results:
Final pot: $

******* Hand 2 ********
villian : 24/11/3.5 over 100 hands

How do you play?
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.1/$0.2
3 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $70
UTG: $54
CO: $14
SB: $46
BB: $58

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.8</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.4, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3.4</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $4.5</font> Hero?

Results:
Final pot: $

munkey
08-20-2007, 06:46 AM
hand 1: he limp called in the SB so his range is pretty wide
and prob includes alot of SC/offsuit connectors that may have 2pairs/str8 oesd as well as a set. I may just pitch it on the flop or call and use position on the turn to see what happens.

As I think though someone should Pstove it there's more made hands vs drawing hands; overpairs / overcard bluffs we beat.

hand 2:

I call flop and either call turn and call a 1/2 pot river bet it myself if checked to, I think Qx/fdraw are eqaully likely here so am only raising the turn occasionally. Calling lets him bluff with a weaker Qx/ busted fdraw on the river and when he holds set/2pair and is slowplaying we lose less -basically we get more value from his range.