PDA

View Full Version : Pre-flop action in B&M w/heavy rake

zinc1024
08-20-2007, 12:13 AM
I've been playing a lot of microlimit ($25NL) on line, have shifted my online game to "the 2p2 way" pre-flop in general (I'm running 25/18/3). I'm wondering if and in what way the 2p2 approach to pre-flop should be varied in my live NL game. It is:

- $1, $1, $2 on the button, SB and BB
- $4 to go
- $2 total rake ($1 JP, $1 house) if there's no action (no bet or bet and folds).
- $5 total rake if there's action (any bet then call or raise).
- $200 max buy-in (I always buy in for $200 and top up if I get below $120; most come in for less).
- 9 handed game.

Hence, a raise before any limper followed by all folds nets $2. A limp ($4) then a raise followed by all folds nets only $3.

One other very important attribute of this game. Lots of limpers, AND on a "typical" pre-flop raise ($12-ish), most of the limpers will call. $16 or more will tend to drive most out.

I've been wondering how to best apply the 2p2 pre-flop guidelines in this game, and what if any adjustments I should make, given the large drop, and the slightly unusual "2x the BB to go" attribute.

Any insights welcome. The game overall is extremely soft in my experience relative to online play; I'm finding online (even at ulimit) to be sharpening up my game nicely.

TIA,

-zinc

ICMoney
08-20-2007, 12:39 AM
a $1/2 live game plays like a .1/25 game online.

I play 6-max online but you should probably just limp a lot of hands in position.

Players limp and call $12 raises all the time.

On a side note, $5 rake per hand????

Game might be good, but I'm not sure if you can beat it for a decent bb/100.

bored
08-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Play very tight. Raise top pair type hands; make top pair and bet it. Expect a lot of variance.

Don't call big raises in general.

Don't bluff.