PDA

View Full Version : OESD against a maniac

corsakh
08-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Villain is 50/30/10 with 45 att to steal. Running hot, 4BI deep. You can imagine a picture. Unfortunately, he is two seats to my left. When it comes raised to him, he usually calls in position and minreraises OOP.

Hero is 19/15/1. Petty much card dead over like 6 orbits, so did not play back postflop other than making standard cbets and a little action in blind wars with my immediate left and right (villain was not involved).

50NL on FTP
100BB stacks

Hero in CO with QJs

UTG folds, MP limps, Hero raises to 2.5, Button folds, Villain repops to 4.5, MP folds, Hero calls.

I cant really 4bet here as I never saw him folding preflop to a bet ever after he put money in the pot.

Pot 8 Flop KT5r

Villain bets $7, Hero raises all in.

monkeymaps
08-19-2007, 11:20 PM
IDK given his stats think id just call alot here and hope he stacks off when I hit my str8. dont like running these kind of bluffs (semi) on maniacs.

filsteal
08-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Okay, so he's been a maniac preflop, but what about postflop?

Edit: OK, missed the AF of 10. Flat-call may be okay here.

Speel Posher
08-19-2007, 11:27 PM
i normally call, but i like this play especially if he is hyper aggressive he could easily be betting an ace high hand that will fold

corsakh
08-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Well, my thinking was first, drawing against a maniac is certainly a bad idea so I was not even trying.

Second, he cant really be calling without a King here, K is a small part of his range and even if he calls me with T, I have tons of equity.

Third, I cant give opportunities to bluff me off my CO and Button and push me around the table. I had already donked third a BI to him because I completely missed the boards. Its not his first reraise and I feel my Q and J may very well be live outs.