PDA

View Full Version : 25nl Missing value with trips on monoton flop?

KRS ONE
08-19-2007, 11:09 AM
What on earth do i do on this river? It's a wierd spot, no numbers on the villan but he's been playing kinda spewy and I think floating this flop is a must as im well ahead of his range still but im not sure if raising is the best move at any point in the hand.

Thoughts?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $4.59
BB: $25.00
UTG: $24.96
<u>CO: $37.91</u>
<u>Hero (BTN): $39.19</u>

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $2.25</font>, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($6.85) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $4.75</font>, Hero calls $4.75

River: ($16.35) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $16.35 ($0.81 Rake)

skibbel
08-19-2007, 11:16 AM
i would fold preflop, i would fold the flop, i would raise the turn to ~20$.

KRS ONE
08-19-2007, 11:40 AM
WTF? Do you actually hate money? How can you fold JTs IP v. a retard 150bbs deep?

Its a question of how many hands he actually calls a raise with on that board that I can beat. I guess Acx might call the raise all in, but what that I actually beat are stacking off on that flop?

DaycareInferno
08-19-2007, 11:48 AM
i can understand not raising on the turn, but i think you are missing some value on the river once you get checked to.

murmeltier21
08-19-2007, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would fold preflop, i would fold the flop, i would raise the turn to ~20$.

[/ QUOTE ]

no numbers on villain and just the read 'he's been playing kinda spewy' is not enough for me to call pf.
flop: i think you just cannot continue here with second pair.
turn: wow you got lucky. so now you should raise.

you lose a bunch of value on the river by just checkin it down...

edit
p.s.: if you wanna play this hand pf you should 3bet

jjb108
08-19-2007, 12:06 PM
PF is ok looking to hit a big hand and get paid off.

Flop - you didn't hit a big hand and many cards will either kill the action or have you drawing dead. Dump it. This isn't a floating kind of flop to me. Bluffing a scare card here may be bluffing into the nuts.

Congrats, you hit your hand you may have improved from 2nd pair which is 2nd best to trips which is 2nd best. Since I'm here, I'm inclined to raise to charge the lone club from drawing out on me (especially since I saw the river action.) Calling is ok.

River check is good vs unknown, I'd hate to get raised here losing a river bet. If you bet and he raises, you killed the show down value of your hand. His river check may be to induce your missed club draw to bet out or villain missed his club draw. With a read on this guy that he's not too aggro, I'd bet half pot to get value from Qx hands.

ajmargarine
08-19-2007, 12:21 PM
pf and flop, 100% fine, anything else is crazy.

Rz turn for value/protection.

As played, bet river plz.

ama0330
08-19-2007, 12:24 PM
IMO if you call the turn you have to bet the river, because the river doesnt really change anything regarding his range ie. if you thought you were ahead on the turn, you're still mostly ahead on the river. The straight is made more unlikely by the fact that you have one of the jacks