PDA

View Full Version : Fold set on dry board?

matt85
08-19-2007, 09:13 AM
This was an interesting hand i played yesterday. Didnt have PT on the pc i used though so a little vague.

25NL 6 Max complete donkey UTG with about $7 limps, CO with about $30 raises to $1.25, I call in BB 33 UTG calls. I have about $25. No reads on CO seems 25nl standard but not totally horrible.

Flop 359 rainbow. I lead for $2 and UTG moves in for $6 total (he could have anything hes horrible). Raiser thinks for a few seconds (he ISNT multi-tabling) and cold calls. Here i try to get tricky and call with the intention of check-raising or leading the turn again depending what comes off also didnt want to push him off AA/KK just yet and my hand can still look like TT-JJ.

Turn is Ad worst card in deck.

Bet/fold? c/r? c/c?

Heavens_Myst
08-19-2007, 09:17 AM
lol bet/call all in, no brainer

amplify
08-19-2007, 09:18 AM
If I have done my math correctly there is more in the pot than in your stack. I don't see how you can ever fold. Push.

LouderThanBombs
08-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Easy Push

matt85
08-19-2007, 09:51 AM
There is about $20 in the pot and i have c.$18 left

What is the logic behind the push? And what worse hand calls? I can only think maybe A9 if hes bad

corsakh
08-19-2007, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Combined with the topic of this thread is gold.

shark_fishin
08-19-2007, 10:03 AM
you should have raised flop, but dont automaticly put him on trip aces here, this isnt a 3bet pot so his range cann be a little wider. as you played it you need to bet, lower pocket pairs than AA will call, and the A doesnt really change much with you leading flop, other than you holding A9, so i think he will be willing to call down without an A. if he has a better hand, suck it up and reload

IlliniDave
08-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Once you led out for $2 on the flop and called raise, you should have had your commitment decision made, whether to go all-in or not.

With flopping a set, I would commit to go all-in and not be swayed unless a second Ace comes on the board. Need to make these pay off to compensate for the other times that you don't flop sets with low pocket pairs.

Thoughts?

shark_fishin
08-19-2007, 10:13 AM
2nd A gives us full house, only hand that bothers us then is A9 instead of AA, so its same thing really, it just helps us a bit more because AK-AJ will be easier to get allin

matt85
08-19-2007, 10:18 AM
This is my thoughts here........

The flop shover can have anything. Hes a donkey and the raiser knows it. When the pfr thinks and COLDCALLS the flop raise he just cannot have anything other than AA/KK/55/99. Given the fact that he seems semi-solid I really dont think he has TT-QQ here often given the action.

Turn: if you lead and he shoves what exactly are you beating? How would this change if we were deeper?

matt85
08-19-2007, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Enlighten me please...

corsakh
08-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, you are now obviously behind AA so I suggest c/f.

shark_fishin
08-19-2007, 10:50 AM
1) i just think your looking for monsters under the bed here.
villain raised from CO so his range can be pretty wide here. say he has K10s, and thinks well short stack is a donkey(thats what you said he is right?) he could be pushing with 9x, 64, A2, A4, 66-88. perhaps he thinks your throwing out a probe bet with a weaker 9 so he opts to call you down.

2)if your going to fold 33 when you hit a set, then why call pre-flop in the first place. i think even just to make your pre-flop call +EV you need to be pushing here, but i really think your ahead most of the time in this spot

matt85
08-19-2007, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2)if your going to fold 33 when you hit a set, then why call pre-flop in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im folding if i think im beat.

1.Think of villains realistic hand ranges. How many do we beat?

murmeltier21
08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
dude it's only 100BB... i go broke here all day long and i am pretty happy about it.
flopping undersets is unlucky, but it'll happen to you just as often as to others. just get it in and don't even think about folding a set here + IT IS NL25 =) (+NO READS)

Eddi
08-19-2007, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you are now obviously behind AA so I suggest c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, exactly

ama0330
08-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I didnt read the thread, but "no"

ajmargarine
08-19-2007, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the worst card that can come because now TT-KK may see monsters under the bed. Although OP seems to imply, Yowza his pocket aces just sucked out on me.

corsakh
08-19-2007, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the worst card that can come because now TT-KK may see monsters under the bed. Although OP seems to imply, Yowza his pocket aces just sucked out on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ajmargarine
08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/heart.gif