PDA

View Full Version : NL50 - Feel like I butchered this one

whyzze
08-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Villian in this hand is 31/13/1. I haven't seen him get out of line, havn't noticed him much at all.

Now obviously we never fold to his preflop donkraise, or his flop bet.

I usually fold to this turn bet because I feel villians hand is somewhat transparent at this point, except I feel A high fd is a major part of his range so I call...probably a mistake.

On to the river, now I cant put villian on a 5 or a 6 and my thoughts were that JJ+ have to be basically handicapped to shove here.

Should I have bet the flop?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $49.00
BB: $52.05
Hero (UTG): $56.25
MP: $51.20
CO: $49.75
BTN: $64.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.95</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $3.70, BB folds, Hero calls $2.20

Flop: ($12.35) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $7.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $7.75

Turn: ($27.85) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $15.00</font>, Hero calls $15.00

River: ($57.85) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets all-in for $24.50</font>, Hero calls $24.50

Pot Size: $106.85 ($3 Rake)

orange
08-19-2007, 01:44 AM
fold the turn most of the time.

sightless
08-19-2007, 01:44 AM
i fold turn here

just seems like he has an overpair a lot of the time, and calling turn makes it hard to play the river

stickdude
08-19-2007, 01:55 AM
If you're committed on this hand, I think a flop CRAI is the way to go - you're both still deep enough that you have some fold equity, and even a bigger overpair would have to be worried about a 6. By the time he bets the turn he's got so little left behind relative to the pot that he's not folding an overpair most of the time.

As played, fold the turn - this is a bigger overpair far more often than not.

sightless
08-19-2007, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're committed on this hand, I think a flop CRAI is the way to go - you're both still deep enough that you have some fold equity, and even a bigger overpair would have to be worried about a 6. By the time he bets the turn he's got so little left behind relative to the pot that he's not folding an overpair most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

trying to make someone fold aa or kk is a bad idea escpecially since we raised preflop UTG

stickdude
08-19-2007, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

trying to make someone fold aa or kk is a bad idea escpecially since we raised preflop UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was a good idea /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I just said that if we're committed to getting all our chips in the middle, a flop CRAI is better than a calldown - unless villain is known to fire 3-barrel bluffs.