PDA

View Full Version : hand range question?

monkeymaps
08-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $12.20
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $1.55
MP: $2.55
CO: $9.40
BTN: $6.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Jhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, BTN calls $0.10, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.80
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to SB

Flop: ($2.50) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Qhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $11.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $13.50 ($0.10 Rake)

villan seems pretty tight and a little weak only played a couple of orbits.
I know im never calling this but was just curious what is his range?

Fiksdal
08-18-2007, 09:04 AM
lol I have no idea. his bet is just irrational in every respect possible from a tight player into the preflop 3bettor, so I just can't but myself into his shoes. What he just did there makes so very little sense.

monkeymaps
08-18-2007, 09:09 AM
yeah cant figure it out either ,player seems tight but not good.

flop just hits my range sooo hard I dont know what the hell he is doing this with Im assuming he doesnt want me to fold?

bozzer
08-18-2007, 09:25 AM
yeah, the random open shove is often a big draw, especially in this situation. I think he does want you to fold, but you can't call.

Fiksdal
08-18-2007, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, the random open shove is often a big draw, especially in this situation. I think he does want you to fold, but you can't call.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but I dont see what hands a weak/tight player raises and calls a 3bet OOP with here that also have a combo draw on this flop0

amplify
08-18-2007, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but I dont see what hands a weak/tight player raises and calls a 3bet OOP with here that also have a combo draw on this flop0

[/ QUOTE ]
ThJh

bozzer
08-18-2007, 09:52 AM
yeah agree that the A and K being hearts makes a big draw much less likely. this is definately quite a random spot so I'm scraping the barrel with {AT/AJ,KJ with a backdoor FD, QT/QJhh}. We'd expect a tight player to pitch those OOP, but this is 10nl so who knows. Him having bottom set or two pair and not wanting to give a free card is actually more likely I suppose.

bozzer
08-18-2007, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ThJh

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the nuts, yo

monkeymaps
08-18-2007, 09:56 AM
the best I could come up with is KQ or AQ being over played "protecting" but just seems so dumb given my range. but this player is not good sooo that my best guess.
I dont see AA KK QQ playing this way?

Fiksdal
08-18-2007, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ThJh

[/ QUOTE ]

possible I guess, but clearly he would not overbet shove this flop with that.

traz
08-18-2007, 12:20 PM
um, I'm not sure what you guys are thinking, but this guy has 2pair at the worst.

Once he open-shoves the flop, he's pretty much sitting on AK/AQ/KQ/QQ/TJ with an outside chance of AA/KK

I don't even know this guys stats, but I'm already pretty confident it's a value shove

jonny87
08-18-2007, 03:42 PM
couldnt he have AAA? he raised pf and called a reraise. he shouldn't have bet so strong, but he must put you as having trips too, so may think theres a probability you'll call, especially if he thinks you'll see a strong raise as weakness. Maybe he thinks the EV of the move is a lot, because of the amount he'll win if he is called?

MusashiStyle
08-18-2007, 03:48 PM
his range is like 2pr +

DaycareInferno
08-18-2007, 03:53 PM
my guess is that AK/AQ/QQ make up the vast majority of his range, with some more remote possibilities like QJ/JTh filling out the rest. more than likely this guy is just a pants crapper.

barabe
08-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Q x of hearts, I would think. He probably already has at least a little piece of the board, and is drawing to high flush. I would exclude trips due to his weak preflop betting.

barabe
08-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I doubt he has that, due to the fact that he would slow play, or at least make normal bets. I still say he had Q x of hearts, possibly QJ, QT.

RedBarracuda
08-18-2007, 07:18 PM
maybe he misclicked with TT ? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif