PDA

View Full Version : 6 Max better game??

maca9
08-18-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi

Why are all the stakes related forums now 6 max only? The only way to get stakes specific discussion is to stop playing full ring and move to 6 max.

Obviously this must be a reflction of players not playing full ring anymore. I can only assume this because 6 max is seen by 2+2ers as a better cash game and long term 6 max is the cash game of the future?

Better Than U
08-18-2007, 03:45 AM
see the full ring forum underneath the link that got you to this one? they're seperating by stakes soon. within a few days I've heard.

stickdude
08-18-2007, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can only assume this because 6 max is seen by 2+2ers as a better cash game and long term 6 max is the cash game of the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much.

maca9
08-18-2007, 03:53 AM
OK thanks!!!

Appreciate the response.

Although I guess the reason that 6 max was the one that retained the original forums is because of its popularity????? Why is this?

I thought that the less people playing the more luck involved vs strategy? This is based on what i have read about 3 way and heads up.

maca9
08-18-2007, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can only assume this because 6 max is seen by 2+2ers as a better cash game and long term 6 max is the cash game of the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that?

jerryf1914
08-18-2007, 03:55 AM
full ring would have less strat and more luck because its always just nuts over nuts since there are so many people at the table.

stickdude
08-18-2007, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Largely because you can get in more hands at 6-max than you can in full ring. More hands amplifies the advantage that good players have over worse players.

Bad players like it because there's more action - they get to be involved in more hands than they would playing full ring.

Mr. Pozzer
08-18-2007, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
full ring would have less strat and more luck because its always just nuts over nuts since there are so many people at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL only a real nit could say that.