PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - AA, am i ever good here?

yapee
08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Villian is 21/14/2 and I suppose him to be decent. Hero plays something about 22/18/2 here. The game just recently got to 3-handed, it was 5-6 handed previously.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $76.55
Hero (BB): $70.80
BTN: $68.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt Ahttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.50</font>, BTN calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.25) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif Jhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $20.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?</font>

Is this anything but a set with a decent Villian? If yes then what line should Hero take from now on? Thanks in advance for any help.

TS Clark
08-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I would have a hard time folding here three-handed and in a HU pot, but there is of course a good chance you're beat. But I think you also get shown QQ, KK (less likely), or AJ/AQ/draw here fairly often (given how over-agro people tend to get SH and especially HUSH).

I just doubt I could make myself fold there, but if I had a real icky feeling in my gut, I guess I could. It would make me sick, though. If you folded this, you're a better player than me.

Antinome
08-17-2007, 07:55 PM
yes, he clearly has other hand besides a set.

What to do, I'm not sure yet. His push calling range is way tighter than his flop reraise range IMO. This makes me not want to push.

We wont be certain which cards help him. I don't even want to see an Ace. This makes me want to push.

We are deep, and not really committed, but we will be if we call. This makes me want to fold.

I can't make myself fold. my equity is too high.

I think I call, c-c a non-broadway turn where he doesn't ejaculate all over the pot. I'm not thrilled about that line but I can't think of one that doesn't suck more. Maybe pretend I have AK and fold?

RoccoGe
08-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I guess folding Aces in a re-raised pot 3 handed with no paired broadway card on board is just bad.
Just push.
Rocco

Antinome
08-17-2007, 08:08 PM
pushing lets him play perfectly. If he calls with draws and AJ, fine- a lot of people will. But this guy is supposed to be decent.

yapee
08-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Well...

At the moment i was thinking like this:

Would he just call pf w/ KK? Probably not.
Would he do this w/ QQ? Maybe, to find out where he's at, but he'll not call an AI
Would he do this w/ AK? Pf - possible, but flop - highly unlikely
JJ/TT? - he's playing like this all the time (or close to it)

An then I thought

[ QUOTE ]
I guess folding Aces in a re-raised pot 3 handed with no paired broadway card on board is just bad.
Just push.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and so I did. I sometimes have problems to do what I think is best /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Antinome
08-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Your preflop range for him short-shorthanded on the Button is Waaaaaaay too narrow. And he calls with a large subset of that raising range thinking, heck, We're deep, I'm in position.

yapee
08-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't really see many calls with my 3bets against guys like this, even in SH-SH games. The call makes me think he thinks "well let's try to make a set" (that's what I _most likely_ think when making such a call).

Of course I may be exaggerating because obv. i lost the hand.

MusashiStyle
08-17-2007, 08:33 PM
i don't like raising and i don't like calling so fold is best i think.

shoxbb6
08-17-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm never folding this so c/r ai on a blank turn.

If sb can call your 3bet here with small pocket pairs, it means he thinks he has the implied odds, which means you aren't 3-betting nearly enough especially 3 handed.

yapee
08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If sb can call your 3bet here with small pocket pairs, it means he thinks he has the implied odds, which means you aren't 3-betting nearly enough especially 3 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand it. If i 3bet too little then sb surely puts me on QQ+, AK or something like that. How does it help his implied odds?

shoxbb6
08-17-2007, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand it. If i 3bet too little then sb surely puts me on QQ+, AK or something like that. How does it help his implied odds?

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean frequency, not amount of your 3bet.

yapee
08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Me too. Is it about that I will pay him off easily with overpair when he hits?

Still - the table just recently got to 3-handed, so my 3-handed 3betting freq. is probably irrelevant. Or is it?

yellowbastard
08-17-2007, 10:34 PM
call the flop, c/c the turn, c/c the river, and hope he doesnt put it all-in by then? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Havok
08-17-2007, 11:24 PM
I think with the players stats and the PF action this is a clear fold. First off. What hand do you think villian puts you on. The re raise on the flop just screams aces or kings with your stats. Now, villian knows this and raises you anyways on that flop. You have to figure him for a set here, and I would have cursed the screen and then layed it down. Similar situation. It's a loose aggressive player and you didn't re raise PF. NOW YOU PUSH THAT RAISE BABY!!!! Sorry had to throw in a Scotty Nguyen impression.

Chomp
08-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I am never less than shocked at the equity an overpair has on somewhat drawy, somewhat "setty", somewhat 2-pairy boards, even taking a pessimistic view of a villain's range...

Board: 6h Jd Ts
Hand 0: 46.916% { AdAs }
Hand 1: 53.084% { KK-TT, 66, JTs, JTo }

Antinome
08-18-2007, 01:31 AM
way too much equity to fold.

So the question is, push? or call, c-r? or call, c-c?

That much equity almost makes me want to push so I don't make a mistake later in the hand where the FTOP mistake is bigger.