PDA

View Full Version : How to get used to playing 3+ cash tables at a time

Monty604
08-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Just want some advice on how to get used to playing more than 3 tables at a time online. ex. how you started to keep track of all the action. Player notes things like that. I also want to know how you gradually moved up to more tables.

cb4mvp
08-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Add one table whenever you feel you have a very good grasp on the current number of tables you play.

Ricky_Bobby
08-17-2007, 04:34 PM
The simple answer is to get used to using the check boxes that let you fold before the action is to you, fold to any bet, etc. Once you get the hang of it you'll be surprised how little effort it takes to play 4+ tables. Also, tighten your hand selection. If your vpip is down in the low 20's or teens then you won't have that many overlapping decisions, at least up to 4 tables. The first time I played 2 tables it was overwhelming and now I find 4 to be kind of boring.

Really, try playing 4 tables of play money until you get used to it, then jump right in.

Rolen
08-17-2007, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just want some advice on how to get used to playing more than 3 tables at a time online. ex. how you started to keep track of all the action. Player notes things like that. I also want to know how you gradually moved up to more tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 9-table, and you don't (can't) keep track of all the action. Your winrate definately suffers but as long as $/hr goes up it's no problem.

Jouster777
08-17-2007, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I 9-table, and you don't (can't) keep track of all the action. Your winrate definately suffers but as long as $/hr goes up it's no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]Is that fun/interesting or just a job?

Jw513
08-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Make sure you can view all your tables at the same time. Do not overlap it. Just keep practicing it.