View Full Version : ***SSNL AUGUST LIFE THREAD PART 2 ***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

4_2_it
08-17-2007, 03:03 PM
http://cdn.channel.aol.com/aolr/emma-watson-harry-potter-400.jpg

thac
08-17-2007, 03:04 PM
<- Has no life and can't add anything valuable to this thread.

Fat Nicky
08-17-2007, 03:38 PM
wtf? is that a male or female? if female, those are some hairy ass arms.

Kilillan
08-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Emma watson is not hot, and I still haven't read the letter from korean girl.

I started reading it and I put it down. It was something along the lines of "this is the 4th time I've tried writing this letter to you because I couldn't think of the words to say"
sigh.

also, I feel very emo right now. Despite having set up a meeting with 25 year old girl.

thac
08-17-2007, 03:40 PM
lol that man's wearing a dress!

fees
08-17-2007, 03:44 PM
emma watson isnt hot? UR NOT HOT

a girl convinced me last nite that she would hit it, thats how hot she is

tufat23
08-17-2007, 03:44 PM
1, congrats on getting a part 2.

2, apologies to fishsticks cos 4_2_it is very rude

just before the 1st thread got locked, fishsticks posted:

[ QUOTE ]

Hey guys I know you guys love emo stuff so here you go:

I'm in my late 20s, had a few longish term relationships (over a year I consider long). My girlfriend and I have been together a little less than 4 years, and we've lived together for most of that time. We've been having our share of problems lately, but I still care about her a lot. For me, if I really love someone, the little [censored] doesn't really threaten that bond. Well, about a week ago she left me. She felt we had lost our way and our connection and she just didn't think this was right. I was not totally shocked tbh, because we had been down this path a time or two before in the last year - but it always ended it a tearful lovefest makeup. This time I decided that if she really wasn't confident about things, my best move was to just accept it and let her go. So that's what I did. No messy arguments, no nothing. I've broken up with people before because I just fell out of love kinda after a couple years, so I guess I understand. Still sucks a WHOLE LOT though. It's okay during the day when I'm busy, but at night when I just kinda sleep on my half of the bed it's lonely (after sleeping with the same person for 1000+ nights in a row you get kind of accustomed, heh). I guess I'm keeping the house and the dog, she's taking most of my stuff and the cat.

Well, after about a week I've started to really come to think this was just for the best. I mean, it had been 4 years and I didn't feel ready to propose yet, I suppose that says something. Still conflicted but coming around to acceptance, basically.

This morning she calls me crying and begging me to take her back and she's sorry and she made a mistake. Obviously a part of my heart was elated to hear this, but my head is telling me that I don't want to be with someone that isn't sure after all this time if they really want to be with me, and if I take her back I'll just be setting myself up for this same thing to happen again in the future.

Life sure can through you some tough decisions.

I'm not really looking for a lot of advice of sympathy here, since tbh I imagine most folks around here have never lived with a girl for a short time, let alone years. (i'm assuming most of y'all are like, younger than me - not trying to be condescending here btw). I posted this because, well, it felt kind of cathartic to do so, and because I know you guys love a good relationship trainwreck.

Oh wells. I'm going to a football game tonight (woot first home preseason game and first tailgate), so I'm gonna go get the grill ready and try to put this aside and get myself into macho football guy mode somehow, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fat Nicky
08-17-2007, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol that man's wearing a dress!

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like the dude from Never Ending Story/Ladybugs in a dress...also, didn't he die?...i can't think of his name

Fat Nicky
08-17-2007, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1, congrats on getting a part 2.

2, apologies to fishsticks cos 4_2_it is very rude

just before the 1st thread got locked, fishsticks posted:

[ QUOTE ]

Hey guys I know you guys love emo stuff so here you go:

I'm in my late 20s, had a few longish term relationships (over a year I consider long). My girlfriend and I have been together a little less than 4 years, and we've lived together for most of that time. We've been having our share of problems lately, but I still care about her a lot. For me, if I really love someone, the little [censored] doesn't really threaten that bond. Well, about a week ago she left me. She felt we had lost our way and our connection and she just didn't think this was right. I was not totally shocked tbh, because we had been down this path a time or two before in the last year - but it always ended it a tearful lovefest makeup. This time I decided that if she really wasn't confident about things, my best move was to just accept it and let her go. So that's what I did. No messy arguments, no nothing. I've broken up with people before because I just fell out of love kinda after a couple years, so I guess I understand. Still sucks a WHOLE LOT though. It's okay during the day when I'm busy, but at night when I just kinda sleep on my half of the bed it's lonely (after sleeping with the same person for 1000+ nights in a row you get kind of accustomed, heh). I guess I'm keeping the house and the dog, she's taking most of my stuff and the cat.

Well, after about a week I've started to really come to think this was just for the best. I mean, it had been 4 years and I didn't feel ready to propose yet, I suppose that says something. Still conflicted but coming around to acceptance, basically.

This morning she calls me crying and begging me to take her back and she's sorry and she made a mistake. Obviously a part of my heart was elated to hear this, but my head is telling me that I don't want to be with someone that isn't sure after all this time if they really want to be with me, and if I take her back I'll just be setting myself up for this same thing to happen again in the future.

Life sure can through you some tough decisions.

I'm not really looking for a lot of advice of sympathy here, since tbh I imagine most folks around here have never lived with a girl for a short time, let alone years. (i'm assuming most of y'all are like, younger than me - not trying to be condescending here btw). I posted this because, well, it felt kind of cathartic to do so, and because I know you guys love a good relationship trainwreck.

Oh wells. I'm going to a football game tonight (woot first home preseason game and first tailgate), so I'm gonna go get the grill ready and try to put this aside and get myself into macho football guy mode somehow, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know you're not looking for advice, but it sounds to me there is a good chance she is lonely and wants your companionship back. i'm not saying you should never take her back, but you should give it (her) more time to get her feelings together and to have more time without you.

fwiw, I'm 26, I have had 3 longterm relationships (<2 yrs), and am living w/my current gf for almost 2 yrs.

Casper05
08-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree with Nicky..my first thought after reading that was that you should take a couple months off and see how you feel at that time.

Chaos_ult
08-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Do you people carry wallets? Someone made fun of me the other day for still carrying a wallet.

I know it messes up the line of your clothes or whatever...I just find them to be very utilitarian.

Dexytp22
08-17-2007, 04:16 PM
I still carry a wallet, why wouldn't you? Hm, I guess wallets are out? lolz

Kilillan
08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
what exactly would you carry your credit cards, id and money in then?

a purse? a gangster wad?

Chaos_ult
08-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah I dunno...apparently people on the cutting edge of the fashion world don't use them..

thac
08-17-2007, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you people carry wallets? Someone made fun of me the other day for still carrying a wallet.

I know it messes up the line of your clothes or whatever...I just find them to be very utilitarian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I do.. I hate money clips and having loose money in general. But I mostly just use it to not lose my debit cards.

AndyP
08-17-2007, 04:28 PM
WTF at people making fun of you for carrying a wallet

stonescar
08-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Fishsticks
Although I'm just 22 years old, I'm in a relationship now for 4 and 1/2 years, living together for the last 2 years. Before we got together I experienced almost the same thing with my ex, we'd been together for a couple of years and she had left me, but came back just at the time I stopped giving her attention. I know we were young at the time, and you probably still think I'm young, but in my experience some girls often react this way.

I obviously don't know what your ex' reasoning behind this is, but there some things you should consider. She might just be missing your nearness and companionship, like fat nicky said, and come back for comfort. In a different perspective she might also really love you, and that's why she can't leave you - her attemps to break up might be a way to avoid a confrontation, kind of a cowardly way out, if you have problems to talk about. It might be in frustration, to be heard, to tell you something is wrong.

I know you're sceptical because this has happened before, and you don't wan't to go through this again, but if you really love her, I think you have to talk with her. Tell her what you have told us. Let her know that a part of you wants her back, but that you don't want to live in an insecure relationship. Talk to her about the future, find out what you both want. If she loves you and understands, you'll work it out.

These situations can really hurt, but it can also be a turning point in a relationship, if you both want it. Maybe this will lead you closer together, and help you get past the problems you had before. After 4 years I had problems in my relationship as well, because we started to take eachother for granted and lost the good communication we had. Living together can be hard, and sometimes you forget to appreciate it, until it's gone.

I'll stop babbling now, tl;dr and all that.
Bottom line: talk to her, don't give in to the feelings that want her back until you're both sure you want to work things out between you.

EDIT:
And, like the others have said. If you both want this it will survive having some time apart, to gather your thoughts and feelings.

Kilillan
08-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I have this really bad urge to hug a female figure.

It's not even sexual, I think it's more of a mother-type thing.

god I feel emo

and these long stories are making me feel more emo.

dirtylobster
08-17-2007, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<- Has no life and can't add anything valuable to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

thac
08-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Shiiiit, I'm finally going to watch the Bourne Ultimatum tonight after I eat a nice rack of ribs. I've been spending too much time grinding lately.

(I haven't been grinding, just hopelessly refreshing 2+2 /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fat Nicky
08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
i think i'm going to see that chuck and larry movie tonight...anyone seen it?

4_2_it
08-17-2007, 05:14 PM
I carry front pocket money clip/wallet. It's not bulky.

BGnight
08-17-2007, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shiiiit, I'm finally going to watch the Bourne Ultimatum tonight after I eat a nice rack of ribs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooo not emo.
Can we get a nonemo life thread or maybe an all manly topic thread?

BGnight
08-17-2007, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I carry front pocket wallet. It's bulky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kilillan
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is trading in my wii for hooker money?

BGnight
08-17-2007, 05:33 PM
1, as in very good. Get an xbox.

thac
08-17-2007, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shiiiit, I'm finally going to watch the Bourne Ultimatum tonight after I eat a nice rack of ribs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooo not emo.
Can we get a nonemo life thread or maybe an all manly topic thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

edit - [censored], hearts are emo.

/images/graemlins/club.gif

Jay Riall
08-17-2007, 07:27 PM
4_2 what did I ever do to you? That is such an awful pic of Emma (prob intentional). To make up for it -

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6715/emmawatsondotcomharrypozo3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jay Riall
08-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Watched Bourne Ultimatum tonight. Awesome film, loved the scenes in Waterloo (ZOMG I've been in those shops!!). The ending I thought was really good aswell. My friend thinks they've left it open for another. I think hes a retard.

Worm75
08-17-2007, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By this statement I take that you have not actually played on the Wii??

I felt the same way until I played on a buddies, that console is sick fun. While the graphics are nothing to PS3/360, the gameplay is a blast.

That being said, Kilillan you really don't need to spend what lil' money you got right now on a hooker. I do think you need to be a lil' more aggresive with your game with these girls that are after you, and good things will happen.

kolotoure
08-17-2007, 08:12 PM
I hugged 2 girls tonight but neither of them was micki and carrying a wallet makes you look like an old man

BigPoppa
08-17-2007, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hugged 2 girls tonight but neither of them was micki and carrying a wallet makes you look like an old man

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure a head full of gray hair does that already.

kolotoure
08-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Why would you ever carry a wallet?

Jay Riall
08-17-2007, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you ever carry a wallet?

[/ QUOTE ]

So people don't think you're gay? Seriously every sinlge bloke I know has a wallet. Where do you keep your cards/cash etc?

kolotoure
08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't need cards and I keep cash in my pocket

Jay Riall
08-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Don't you have ID, bank cards, etc etc?

BigPoppa
08-17-2007, 08:57 PM
In the States I carried a regular wallet with slots for ID/cards.

In Germany I carry one with a compartment for coins (no bills under 5 Euros) and a keychain.

tufat23
08-17-2007, 08:59 PM
i use the oysetercard holder thing and keep 1 debit card, drivers license and some notes in it.

a wallet is too large for me

Jay Riall
08-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Yah my wallet is not that much bigger than an oystercard thing.

tufat23
08-17-2007, 09:07 PM
i just chuck the coins at bums, theres a lot of them in london

Jay Riall
08-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah I'd love to have smaller denomination notes like the Americans. F coins!

thac
08-17-2007, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watched Bourne Ultimatum tonight. Awesome film, loved the scenes in Waterloo (ZOMG I've been in those shops!!). The ending I thought was really good aswell. My friend thinks they've left it open for another. I think hes a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, ur friend's retarded.

BGnight
08-17-2007, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, no. I just think hooker for a console is a good deal. The console will depreciate. You can get it cheaper later. Hookers don't go on sale.

thac
08-17-2007, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The console will depreciate. You can get it cheaper later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this applies to both.

tufat23
08-17-2007, 10:28 PM
it looks quite likely im gonna open up a coffee shop ( a proper one), anyone have any expertise in this?

my buddies worked out that i need to sell 6 items/hr to breakeven

BigPoppa
08-17-2007, 10:39 PM
You live in London, right?

How can you sell warm drinks in a city like that and not move at least 6/hr?

tufat23
08-17-2007, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well duh, thats why im gonna do it?

gonna check out a location in soho tomorrow.

goofyballer
08-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Uh, WHAT?

futuredoc85
08-18-2007, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you open a coffee shop i will come and buy coffee the day you open

BGnight
08-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Wtf is a "proper" coffee shop?
Is this subtle British code/humor?

D
O
N
K
/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EMc
08-18-2007, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for emphasis.

Also too, [censored] wallets, I just keep money and cards in my front pocket, no clip, no nothing.

Keyser.
08-18-2007, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How to open proper coffee shop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUHRsrHESd0)

thac
08-18-2007, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for emphasis.

Also too, [censored] wallets, I just keep money and cards in my front pocket, no clip, no nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly?

Kilillan
08-18-2007, 02:36 AM
might go to osaka and sleep at some girl's house I met online.

good idea?

she says it's ok as long as I don't go for sex.

Rhand
08-18-2007, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

obv not ok

Fat Nicky
08-18-2007, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

she said it's ok to sleep over dude...she said 'no sex' just so you won't think she's some whore.

wrschultz
08-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Fishsticks, I want to cry somehow after reading that. I usually lol at relationship problems.

Tell her you're not sure what's up exactly either and you want a little time to think. It is probably the best thing you can do. Also, you could consider going to a bar or something with her in a week or two and just chilling and talking. Don't go home with her, DEFINITELY don't sleep with her etc.

FishSticks
08-18-2007, 04:18 AM
Hey thanks for the kind words guys. I'm very vocal with my feelings and that sort of thing, so she knows right where I'm at. One way or another I think it's really necessary we have seperate places for a while and do our own thing. I think (hope?) that after some time a clearer picture will emerge for me. It's a bit weird with all her stuff around the house still (pictures especially ugh), since she's staying with her family until she moves into a new apartment, and has no place to stash it all for another couple weeks. I wonder what the etiquette is on assisting with the whole moving process. I'm sure her folks will be helping her move her stuff - THAT will be a pretty awkward spot. I don't know if I just want to duck them, though, either.

FishSticks
08-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Holy crap you guys seriously don't carry wallets? I mean, I like to keep as slim of a wallet as possible and everything, but it seems like a must to me. I pretty much always want on my person my primary checking account card, a random credit card, my ID, my health insurance card, and cash. Today I had to have a ticket stub with me too - seems like a lot of stuff to just be jamming in a random pocket.

luckybacon
08-18-2007, 04:31 AM
damn fishsticks sorry about hearing that all. when it comes to those type of things always is best to think rationally and take time.

on another related note, how was the preseaon game??

FishSticks
08-18-2007, 04:44 AM
It was great. Caught some construction on the way up which cut into my tailgating, but still had time for a 6 pack and a few hot dogs. Good to be back to the stadium and see the folks in my section again and that - even if it is the preseason, hehe. Brand new HD jumbotron and ribbon displays around the stadium - very hot.

bpc009
08-18-2007, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it looks quite likely im gonna open up a coffee shop ( a proper one), anyone have any expertise in this?

my buddies worked out that i need to sell 6 items/hr to breakeven

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty awesome tufat. I would like to do the same in sthlm actually, so any basic info you have on what it takes to start up would be helpful - I'm finding it very difficult to find it myself.

Kilillan
08-18-2007, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

she said it's ok to sleep over dude...she said 'no sex' just so you won't think she's some whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically, I'm going for sex right? And free hotel

Chaos_ult
08-18-2007, 06:25 AM
LDO.

gogogo

bpc009
08-18-2007, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for emphasis.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, this is obviously directed at the euros since americans generally find this ridiculous (except for tom brady), but do any of you carry a bag?

tufat23
08-18-2007, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for emphasis.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, this is obviously directed at the euros since americans generally find this ridiculous (except for tom brady), but do any of you carry a bag?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, i try to be minimalistic in what i have to carry

Kilillan
08-18-2007, 06:51 AM
still haven't read korean girl's letter.

And if you ever go to japan don't watch tv and play poker at the same timeJapan tv is like.. insta-tilt.

Jay Riall
08-18-2007, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for emphasis.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Brits find this ridiculous too (unless its a bag for schoolbooks etc).

Sciolist
08-18-2007, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, ur friend's retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was under the impressiono they were going to make another sequel under the condition that the director stayed on. There's another book isn't there?

BigPoppa
08-18-2007, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for emphasis.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am at risk of permanent paralysis if more than 15 seconds away from caffeine or reading material. Because of this serious medical condition, I have a messenger bag sort of thing I carry. It has a bunch of compartments for camera/Ipod, books, and a massive bottle of Diet Coke.

If I'm out on my bike, it's strapped to the rack. If I'm on foot or the U-Bahn, it's slung over my shoulder. Pretty much did the same in Japan, too. That bag has been my constant companion since I left the States (where, of course, I kept everything in the back seat of my crappy Korean deathbox).

FishSticks
08-18-2007, 12:57 PM
So this whole wallet thing has me wondering...

Choose everything you normally have on your person if when you're out and about. If there's other obvious stuff I'm missing let me know.

BigPoppa
08-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Also, keeping condoms in a money clip or loose in your pocket is a bit creepy.

Isura
08-18-2007, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I carry front pocket money clip/wallet. It's not bulky.

[/ QUOTE ]

holla

orange
08-18-2007, 01:08 PM
lol, seems kindve weird that whole korean girl "a stranger can come over but no sexy time"...just...weird i guess. i wouldn't ever let a stranger in my home to sleep over without ever meeting them before. reminds me of like this guy:

http://www.movievillains.com/images/jamegumb.jpg

Worm75
08-18-2007, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, no. I just think hooker for a console is a good deal. The console will depreciate. You can get it cheaper later. Hookers don't go on sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol hookeraments

BigPoppa
08-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Japan has virtually no violent crime. The most dangerous neighborhood in the country is safer than the safest one in the States. Old ladies walk around with hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of Yen in perfect safety. It's like living with Hobbits.

bpc009
08-18-2007, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, keeping condoms in a money clip or loose in your pocket is a bit creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]

just ride bareback

Jay Riall
08-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Prolly cuz hundereds or thousands of yen = $20.

FishSticks
08-18-2007, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Japan has virtually no violent crime. The most dangerous neighborhood in the country is safer than the safest one in the States. Old ladies walk around with hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of Yen in perfect safety. It's like living with Hobbits.

[/ QUOTE ]

So there's really not frequent large scale Yakuza related kung fu brawls in the streets? How dissappointing.

BigPoppa
08-18-2007, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prolly cuz hundereds or thousands of yen = $20.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, hundred or thousands of dollars worth of Yen (which would be 10's or 100's of thousands of Yen).

It's a cash based economy. Most places don't take plastic, and no one uses checks. So it's either a bank transfer or cash for everything. On payday, the desk at my office would have envelopes for every employee's monthlong pay. Several million Yen sitting completely unguarded by anyone other than a chubby secretary.

BigPoppa
08-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Sorry to disappoint. The Yakuza retty much stick to shaking down small business owners and collecting from illicit street peddlers and Pachinko parlors. Osaka had all these Israeli guys selling jewelry on sidewalks who "rented" their corner from the Mob. I think they also do some strong arm stuff for big businesses and the like, but very little in the way of large scale open brawling.

Oddly, many Onsen (public baths) in Japan have strict "no tattoo" policies as a way to politely keep Yakuza out. Some Westerners run afoul of this as well, and sometimes they just ignore the Gaijin's tats.

Jamougha
08-18-2007, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Coffee shops typically make next to nothing. Whatever you are making will be going on rent, otherwise someone else would be willing to pay more rent than you and make slightly less money.

FishSticks
08-18-2007, 01:47 PM
tufat -

How are you going to sell 6 drinks per hour and make money? I don't get it.

Suppose you sell drinks for a hefty $4 a pop. That's $24/hour in revenue obv, so I don't know what hours you're running but assuming 10 hours that's roughly 250/day in revenue. I guess if you're open every day, you could pull 7500/month in revenue that way.

What do you expect your expenses to be?

On every drink you sell, probably like a good $0.50 worth of materials so there's like 950/month in cost. If you get perfect scheduling and manage to keep only one barista on at all times you're still looking at like 2700/month there easy (assuming zero bennies). I imagine even cheap business rent will run you like 1600/month+ even for a smallish space. Insurance is another hundred or two. Utilities will be a few hundred. Cleaning service will be a couple hundred. I'm sure there's plenty of other things I'm leaving out off the top of my head, but already you've eaten up like nearly all of your revenue. More importantly, you'll need a ton of startup cash to invest in fixing up the property, getting furniture and registers and lighting and decorations and all that coffee machinery. If you put that all on a loan/business lease, there goes any tiny little monthly profit you had already squeezed out. If you just front all that, it will take forever to start seeing an ROI.

I'm not saying opening a coffee shop is a bad idea or impossible or anything. However, I would have to imagine you need to sell a LOT more coffee than that.

thac
08-18-2007, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So this whole wallet thing has me wondering...

Choose everything you normally have on your person if when you're out and about. If there's other obvious stuff I'm missing let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I chose every one. So sick. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kilillan
08-18-2007, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, seems kindve weird that whole korean girl "a stranger can come over but no sexy time"...just...weird i guess. i wouldn't ever let a stranger in my home to sleep over without ever meeting them before. reminds me of like this guy:

http://www.movievillains.com/images/jamegumb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Well she's japanese. and as the other guy said, Japan has like, no violent crimes at all. It's an insanely safe country.

Like he said, it's a cash based economy, not many people use credit cards and checks don't exist.

Even at seven eleven, I handle tens of thousands worth of US $$ from the safe.

In america I would not even get close to being able to touching the money inside the safe.

but I read korean girl's letter. She just said that even though I asked her not to see me as her younger brother she still sees me as such. That she is very lonely without me.
And that she said I was right and she shouldn't have gone to europe alone. She said she feels guilty for not listening to me. She always hopes for my happiness and she hopes to be good friends forever.

sigh

goofyballer
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Brag: I am now the proud owner of this

http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2007/bikes/AL_Elite_Dbl_GL_Silver.jpg

orange
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
wow vn goof. how often do you ride?

goofyballer
08-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Never. I might as well start though; it would help keep me in better shape, and would be a more economical way of commuting the 12 miles (round-trip) to work. Plus, going downtown to grab food is too far to walk but too close to drive, so having a bike to get around town for light errands will be cool.

Supposedly bike theft is rampant around here though (since Stanford is nearby and college students = bike thieves?), so I hope nobody steals it! I guess I'll keep it in my apartment and I got a lock for when I take it out. It cost $600.

I'm preparing myself to drop like $3k at Ikea on Tuesday when my sister comes to help me decorate my new place. That will hurt, but at least I'll probably get some sweet furniture out of it. I've been watching tv/playing video games on this lousy futon I have for the past week, and I desperately need a comfy place to sit. And a coffee table to put my laptop on. And a desk so I can set up my desktop. And a big lamp because my living room doesn't have any ceiling lights. And a real bed. And oh god I'm gonna be broke after this.

carrotsnake
08-18-2007, 07:03 PM
goofy- there is an obvious answer to your problems

goofyballer
08-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Sell myself as a prostitute to really hot women?

carrotsnake
08-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I meant selling your sisters phone number to 2p2ers, but that works to

tufat23
08-18-2007, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I meant selling your sisters phone number to 2p2ers, but that works to

[/ QUOTE ]

$333

SpecT
08-18-2007, 07:40 PM
holla from argentina.

just met the metetron.

kolo htfu and get ur ass over here...

orange
08-18-2007, 08:32 PM
goof,
bike riding is badass and great way to exercise. it isn't as good as jogging but tons more enjoyable imo. make sure you invest a nice lock too.

tufat23
08-18-2007, 09:48 PM
the walls in my room look really bare. i need stuff on it.

ssnl life, help a brother out

thac
08-18-2007, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the walls in my room look really bare. i need stuff on it.

ssnl life, help a brother out

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored], my whole apartment is bare.

kolotoure
08-18-2007, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for emphasis.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I carry a bag sometimes

orange
08-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Not sure if your into posters and stuff, but I usually have a few movie posters up on my walls.

tufat23
08-18-2007, 10:02 PM
im considering paying an artist to do a load of paintings/drawings and putting them up

i could probably get my brother to do it, and obv just overpay him cos hes my bro

Keyser.
08-18-2007, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im considering paying an artist to do a load of paintings/drawings and putting them up

i could probably get my brother to do it, and obv just overpay him cos hes my bro

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I did and I really recommend it. That way you can be a part of the creative process and get something unique.

Cue-Ball 66
08-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Fishsticks:

Sorry to hear about your problems, I lived with my last girlfriend for a couple of years and totally understand the feeling of going to a half-empty bed every night. You seem like a pretty level-headed guy though, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Time heals all, etc etc...

Brag - SMS I recieved after my get-together w/ girl yesterday:

'Mm kinda regretting not
going back 2 ur room...'

I am in the hizzouse wit' this one!1!11!

thac
08-19-2007, 12:50 AM
X-Post from the Cheese thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Dunno whether to post this in Life or here, would anyone wanna get a condo somewhere (close to a casino preferably)? I wanna move somewhere so I can play live whenever I want. I know people get summer homes in Vegas or whatever but would anyone wanna get one like in the AC area?

I don't turn 21 til Sept. 2009 and my lease on my apartment isn't up until May 2008, but I wanna move to a casino area. Preferably AC so I can drive to Turning Stone until I turn 21.

It would be just under a year from now but I'd be willing to discuss deals now.

[/ QUOTE ]

EMc
08-19-2007, 01:06 AM
thac,

Long Island is about 4 hours from each, and like 2.5 from foxwoods.

I would think then, that like Weschester area (just north of NYC) would be good, about a 2 hour drive to each give or take.

If you want to get a house really near AC, Brigantine is a little town right next door, reasonably priced (last I heard.)

Im not interested, just giving you ideas.

ofishstix
08-19-2007, 01:08 AM
isnt westchester 3+ hours from ac. its 1 hour north of me and im 2 hours from ac in central jersey

EMc
08-19-2007, 01:14 AM
o,

Im from LI so I consider westchester to be a lot of the area north of NYC. If you wanna get technical Id say a place like monroe or close would be best, since its right on the border. He wants a plce that is reasonably close to both TS and AC I think.

thac
08-19-2007, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
o,

Im from LI so I consider westchester to be a lot of the area north of NYC. If you wanna get technical Id say a place like monroe or close would be best, since its right on the border. He wants a plce that is reasonably close to both TS and AC I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

orange
08-19-2007, 01:17 AM
come to nebraska. fat women, good beef, lots of corn...

goofyballer
08-19-2007, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get gorie to paint something for you. She's pretty good. http://www.artbycarey.com/ Someone also commissioned her to do a painting of pooptoad in bbv4l which turned out pretty good/funny.

Highway 101 south of SF is the worst [censored] freeway in the planet. My last two trips up and down have both been on Saturdays and have both run into traffic on all four legs, the latest one being at 1 in the [censored] morning just now when they had like three of the five lanes closed. What the [censored]??? Is there ever not traffic on this [censored] road? Don't these idiots know it's the weekend?

Brag: Got 360 back, will hook up tomorrow and likely play video games all day

Sciolist
08-19-2007, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? How'll you know you like it? Just buy something you know you already like: i.e, go to an art gallery that sells. Or online.

Kilillan
08-19-2007, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get gorie to paint something for you. She's pretty good. http://www.artbycarey.com/ Someone also commissioned her to do a painting of pooptoad in bbv4l which turned out pretty good/funny.

Highway 101 south of SF is the worst [censored] freeway in the planet. My last two trips up and down have both been on Saturdays and have both run into traffic on all four legs, the latest one being at 1 in the [censored] morning just now when they had like three of the five lanes closed. What the [censored]??? Is there ever not traffic on this [censored] road? Don't these idiots know it's the weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, if by good you mean.. not good, then yeah. I hope she's very cheap.
I took a lot of painting classes and I had a lot of interest in art for a couple years. I can say with confidence I'm much better than she is

delta k
08-19-2007, 06:39 AM
[censored] girlfreinsts nare not the nuts.

Cue-Ball 66
08-19-2007, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] girlfreinsts nare not the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please...go on...

Dire
08-19-2007, 06:56 AM
what's the ballpark $ you're looking at for a decent pad + food/fun in japan per month? seems like it'd be an interesting place to visit for a year or two.

Kilillan
08-19-2007, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what's the ballpark $ you're looking at for a decent pad + food/fun in japan per month? seems like it'd be an interesting place to visit for a year or two.

[/ QUOTE ]
depends vastly on what you mean by "decent pad" and where.

If you're living in tokyo, outside of tokyo or in Osaka.

In tokyo it's hella expensive. Like, 800$+ for a small 1 room apt/shared toilet and shared kitchen.

If you want to live in your own apartment, about 900$+ plus about 4000-5000$ upfront, which is basically unavoidable.

And these are small apts too.

You want a ok sized bedroom, kitchen, dining room and shower in tokyo, about 2500$/mo plus 7000$+ upfront.

not including utilities or food.

Outside of tokyo, like 30-1 hour commute by train, maybe 500-700 for a decent sized apartment I think, in nerima or saitama.

Food isn't that much more expensive, but transportation is expensive, so be prepared to pay at least 130$/mo if you plan to go to school/back.
If you plan to travel it'll cost you a good 300-400$+ a month.

Clubs/whatnot are about the same in america.

If you're willing to live in somewhat hella small place, then about 2000$/mo should suffice.

BigPoppa
08-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Not sure about Tokyo, but in Osaka a single room in a Gaijin House (set up like a dorm, with shared bathroom down the hall) will run about $350-$450/month. I'd stay in one of these, because (lik a dorm) it gives you an instant set of buddies.

Alcolhol is expensive by American standards, but apparently cheap by Australian ones. Cellphones are a hassle (and you can't use ones from anywhere else), but not too expensive. Food isn't cheap, but even the fast food is higher quality than in the States. Oddly, a lot of Japanese video games and electronics cost more than they do anywhere else. You can live pretty frugally, but it is not s society where the consumer comes first.

BigPoppa
08-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Also, Japanese housing quality is very low. Even people with lots of money live in house/apartments that would be pretty crappy by Western standards. So there's a good chance that you would never find a place as nice as the one you have back home.

That said, Japan is a hell of a lot of fun and a very interesting place.

Kilillan
08-19-2007, 07:34 AM
korean girl's roommate just emailed me out of the blue to go drinking.

so I'm going someplace tonight I guess.

bigpoppa, how long were you in osaka? I'm planning on going tomorrow.

Dire
08-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the figures. Nice to see there's definitely a reasonable range of living prices.

Kilillan
08-19-2007, 07:44 AM
So I'm off to meet korean girl's 20 year old roommate.

I think it's a date.

wish me luck ssnl.

BigPoppa
08-19-2007, 07:55 AM
I was only there a few months, but I really liked Osaka.

Check out the Shinsaibashi Suji/ Dotonbori (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dotombori) area. Massive pedestrian shopping/eating district that's packed night and day. The Asian looking street scenes in Blade Runner were based on Dotonbori. Also go to Amerikamura (walking distance from there), which is where all the youth oriented shops are.

Don't bother with Osaka-Jo, it's reconstructed crap. If you want history, Nara is very close to Osaka. You should also go to Koshien to see the Tigers play.

Have fun. I miss Osaka.

aislephive
08-19-2007, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
X-Post from the Cheese thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Dunno whether to post this in Life or here, would anyone wanna get a condo somewhere (close to a casino preferably)? I wanna move somewhere so I can play live whenever I want. I know people get summer homes in Vegas or whatever but would anyone wanna get one like in the AC area?

I don't turn 21 til Sept. 2009 and my lease on my apartment isn't up until May 2008, but I wanna move to a casino area. Preferably AC so I can drive to Turning Stone until I turn 21.

It would be just under a year from now but I'd be willing to discuss deals now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why you would want to do this. Have you played much live poker? It's fun occasionally and can be a lot of fun with deep stacks and a lot of money in play, but it's pretty boring usually and I would be very surprised if you didn't find it extremely boring, especially day in and day out.

Also I probably wouldn't reccommend a condo, but that's just me.

aislephive
08-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Also visited some family in Maine this week despite the ridiculous drive. Here are a few pics from the trip (I'm the one with the blue dog training shirt on and glasses obv).

Blue steel:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8817/maine045gr5.jpg

<3 fish..
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5844/maine041kr2.jpg

Me on the boat.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/588/maine027um4.jpg

The two younger kids are actually technically my uncles. My grandfather has like 10 kids spread through a few generations, pretty crazy.
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/7788/maine024lr1.jpg

Random pic of me picking my teeth ..

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9545/maine015tj5.jpg

Mothercanuck
08-19-2007, 10:34 AM
ZOMG guys go see Super Bad...hilarious

FishSticks
08-19-2007, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a lot of painting classes and I had a lot of interest in art for a couple years. I can say with confidence I'm much better than she is

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds kind of arrogant, I dunno. Maybe it's not the greatest stuff I've ever seen, but it sure looks better than somebody that took a few random community center classes or whatever. Kil do you have some of your work online anywhere?

bpc009
08-19-2007, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This sounds kind of arrogant,

[/ QUOTE ]

FishSticks
08-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I have tickets tonight for the Allman Brothers. I'm psyched, should be a good show (I've seen em a few times before and stuff). I'm pretty sure they're still rolling Derek and Warren out there, which is great with me. Hopefully the weather holds, should be a nice day to chill and drink and burn a few in the lots/lawn.

scallop
08-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Bear walks into a bar and says:

"excuse me.... could I have a pint of.....

FishSticks
08-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Why the big pause?

HARHAR

scallop
08-19-2007, 12:29 PM
(not that my ingeninous plan of waiting a post before delivering the punchline has failed..... but.....)

"...larger please"

Barman turns to the Bear and says. Of course, but why the big pause"

ajmargarine
08-19-2007, 12:54 PM
[x] thread does not deliver today.

Where's all the emo?

tufat23
08-19-2007, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Where's all the emo?

[/ QUOTE ]

my moms says im handsome

kolotoure
08-19-2007, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Where's all the emo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but I haven't seen Micki recently so no updates

Kilillan
08-19-2007, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds kind of arrogant, I dunno. Maybe it's not the greatest stuff I've ever seen, but it sure looks better than somebody that took a few random community center classes or whatever. Kil do you have some of your work online anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

by interest I mean I took a deep interest. I was going to go into a good art college when I got into Japan.

I been drawing since I was 13, I've read about 5x the books than I have poker books, spent wayyyy more time learning that than poker, and have about 25,000 posts on a big art forum

it's not like a took a couple random classes once and think I'm picasso

I had a website I hosted my art for comission, but I stopped paying for it when I came to japan.

anyway, met korean girl and 2 of her friends at a izakaya. Which is like a bar/restaurant. It didn't go particularly well. I slept 1 1/2 hours last night and worked 10 hours today, so I was [censored] tired when I went.

The 20 year old girl met me at the station and we went to meet them. One is a 26 year old pretty hot girl. One is a 28 year old girl that looks like a wookie that shaved.

They both have only been in Japan for 4 months, so their japanese was kinda bad. And they kept switching back to korean, and talking amongst themselves in korean.

the kinda hot one wanted to go to a club, I said fine, she asked if I'd pay, I said no. So I got her email and said we'd go to a club sometime.

not too hopeful.

20 year old korean girl started trying to set me up with her roommate. Who said is interested in me.
I said fine whatever. Said bye then went home.

and here I am

bpc009
08-19-2007, 01:00 PM
I just watched tufats video.

BigPoppa
08-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm bored and don't feel like playing teh pokah.

Think I might take the train to Prague for a few days, or maybe Krakow.

bpc009
08-19-2007, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bored and don't feel like playing teh pokah.

Think I might take the train to Prague for a few days, or maybe Krakow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful historical town = tie

Beautiful women to throw game at = very close, but have to give Prague the edge due to larger population which means there's more to go around.

Thus, you should go to... [censored] who cares, you win either way.

goofyballer
08-19-2007, 04:36 PM
God, the women in Prague were sooooooo hot. I didn't see a single ugly Czech girl the entire time I was there. If you go to the Hilton hotel, there's a casino downstairs with poker games (equating to $10/$20 and $15/$30 limit USD, with an occasional $5-$5 PL game running) and this one waitress that looks like Scarlett Johannsen except with black hair and a really petite body and a cuter smile. She's incredible.

carrotsnake
08-19-2007, 05:27 PM
and yet you played poker ... nh goof, nh

aislephive
08-19-2007, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and yet you played poker ... nh goof, nh

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that scares Goofy more than playing poker are girls.

Also, no comments on my trip pics? That's ok, you all can go back to helping Killain with random asian girl number 83 this year, see if I care! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Worm75
08-19-2007, 07:18 PM
alright...if you had no family in Maine, would you ever visit the state /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Shizzle12345
08-19-2007, 08:05 PM
K guys im having a dilemma, i just dl the bourne ultimatum. Its almost dvd quality, I got 19" screen and sick ass headphones.

or should i wait till 14 sept to see it in cinemas? I really really want to see it, but since i heard its so good, I dunno if i want to see it in its full glory (cinema).

Basicly i cant decide, I rarely have that issue, but now i need your guys help.

orange
08-19-2007, 08:15 PM
hmmm...i've seen it in theatres. some of the stunts/action is definitely cool.

can you wait? depends how much you want to see it i guess.

Shizzle12345
08-19-2007, 08:29 PM
I can barely constrain myself to click the thing, let alone delete it from my computer lol. I really like the bourne movies.

thac
08-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Please see it in cinema.

Jay Riall
08-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Cinema for sure. Also what [censored] country are you in that it only comes out on the 14th of September?

BigPoppa
08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
That's really, really weird. I finished watching the new Bourne a few seconds ago on my laptop. I enjoyed it, but honestly can't see why you'd wait for the theater.

It's not like I can find many movies that aren't dubbed into German anyway, so I watch everything at home. Your call.

Jay Riall
08-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Also, threw up whilst snowboarding today. Snowboarding is not a good idea whilst hungover.

jonyy6788
08-19-2007, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, threw up while snowboarding today. Snowboarding is not a good idea while hungover.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYENGLISH /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigPoppa
08-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I thought people stopped using "whilst" when Jane Austen died.

Jay Riall
08-19-2007, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, threw up while snowboarding today. Snowboarding is not a good idea while hungover.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst is synonymous with while in standard British English and Australian English; in American English, it can be considered pretentious or archaic.

Dumb yank. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BigPoppa
08-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Wait, wait....Australians speak English?
That's unpossible.

Oki-Oki
08-19-2007, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, wait....Australians speak English?
That's unpossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy now

Big Rob Jr.
08-20-2007, 12:11 AM
HELP!!! I have some relationship/life problems, anyone want to take this one on? I'm 26, been in two long-term relationships in my life. First for 2 years, (17-19) second five+ (21-???) Well this is how this goes, I'm originally from Detroit, last GF lives in Windsor, which is right across the Detroit river in Canada. We broke up when I moved here to Tampa (couldn't take being in Detroit a minute longer, hate the winter, job market, blah blah blah.) partly because I didn't know where our rollercoaster relationship was going, partly because I didn't know if either of us were ready to marry/settle/have kids. That was four months ago. I've been out with a couple of girls, nothing serious, nothing clicked (on my part, that is), I was just rolling along, having fun being a twenty-something guy that has hardly been single in his adult life. Then I realized I actually missed this girl, I think I want her back, but she will not leave her family, so the only way we can be together is if I move back. Add to this the fact that I actually like it here, I want to experience other places, and I'm unsure she'll take me back anyway, since she sees my move as some kind of fatal rejection. I talked to her a few days ago, she seemed like meh, and I think this is a front like 30% of the time. So ssnl great minds, what's my play?

Cliff's notes:
1) Left Detroit and it's slow economy and winter for sunny FL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

2) but also left GF, family /images/graemlins/frown.gif

3) Likes Tampa, but might like GF enough to go back /images/graemlins/confused.gif

4) May have burned bridge and lost out forever. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

SSNLers, advice PLZ!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bpc009
08-20-2007, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, no comments on my trip pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting to see a pic of YOUR fish since that one was obviously your female relative's. Oh, but I will say that I did like the blonde fuzz on your upper lip! just kidding. anyway, personally I've always wanted to visit Maine since in my head, it's calm and beautiful. Recommended or not?

Cue-Ball 66
08-20-2007, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst is synonymous with while in standard British English and Australian English; in American English, it can be considered pretentious or archaic.

Dumb yank. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What colour is your aluminium, Jay?

Cue-Ball 66
08-20-2007, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Where's all the emo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Talked to Claire (the girl I went into the city with on Saturday) for 3 hours+ on the phone last night. She told me about this dream she'd had the night before where we made out, and that she's been craving physical affection. She's coming to visit me on Friday.

So, since the relationship is pretty much locked in...I'll be withdrawing from the Emo race from here on out.

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What colour is your aluminium, Jay?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

thac
08-20-2007, 04:16 AM
LOL GREY I GET IT

Cue-Ball 66
08-20-2007, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL GREY I GET IT

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone's on the ball, at least.

Jay clearly didn't analyse it closely enough.

bpc009
08-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Using whilst has been beaten out of me...

I used to use it, but then from various sources - a couple professors at university, some language snobs at Berlitz, and finally the Economist - I seemed to hear the same thing, "use amid not amidst and while not whilst."

http://www.economist.com/research/styleGuide/index.cfm?page=805689

I've been broken, it's all while for me now.

Kilillan
08-20-2007, 04:33 AM
cue ball, no fair dropping out of the emo race.

Also, I was thinking of stealing korean girl's cat and travelling around europe, dressing the cat up and taking pictures of it infront of various famous structures. Sending pictures of the cat every couple days.

Is that playful cute or just really weird?

bpc009
08-20-2007, 04:35 AM
kingrob313,

If you do not want to live some place, then don't live there. Moving back will slowly eat at you and make you unhappy anyway, so don't. And your unhappiness with where you're living will poison your relationship anyway. If you are otherwise happy where you are, stay. Though there are no longer many fish in the sea, there are still many other women, and you will find one.

Just my two cents based on similar experience. Take it with a grain of salt.

(more metaphors are on their way)

bpc009
08-20-2007, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I was thinking of stealing korean girl's cat and travelling around europe, dressing the cat up and taking pictures of it infront of various famous structures. Sending pictures of the cat every couple days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it alive?

Cue-Ball 66
08-20-2007, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I'm happy and content.

Can't find the emo in me.

goofyballer
08-20-2007, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME *IF* you posted the pictures in a new BBV thread. If you don't know why, just trust me, it would be the greatest BBV thread ever.

kolotoure
08-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Goofy gave me some life advice yesterday. What are the chances that it was good advice?

thac
08-20-2007, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Goofy gave me some life advice yesterday. What are the chances that it was good advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it doesn't include a woman I'm gonna guess it's good advice.

kolotoure
08-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Ir did involve a woman

bpc009
08-20-2007, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME *IF* you posted the pictures in a new BBV thread. If you don't know why, just trust me, it would be the greatest BBV thread ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be pretty awesome, and if K does do this we need to prop bet it. What's the over/under that the cat makes it back to Japan without dying, running away, or being quarantined?

4_2_it
08-20-2007, 10:11 AM
kingrob,

Sounds like her conditions for a relationship (that you live near he and her family) are a deal breaker for you. If you move back for her, you will always resent it. You are young. Enjoy life where you are. I lived in Tamp/St Pete for over 15 years. There are plenty of available women down there.

Kilillan
08-20-2007, 10:31 AM
I dunno how awesome it would really be. She really loves that cat. She'll really hate me for putting the cat in harms way I think.

And I was discussing with my friend today, I should just cut all relations with korean girls. Whenever someone mentions they're korean, no matter how cute, I stop talking to them.

Anyway I was at a Am/pm near like 5 minute walk from my house. And I bought some pop and an ice cream cone there. A cute girl working at the register started laughing uncontrollably. I dropped a coin and she just started laughing really hard, she couldn't even tell me how much the [censored] costs.

I was like "uhh, what's so funny? " then she said "oh nothing sam"

I was like, wtf, how do you know my name. It turns out she's korean, and her korean roommate works at my seven eleven. Her roommate told her everything about me, my age, my full name, my job, where my school is located, what my profession is. It was scary. Especially since I talked to her roommate casually for all of 5 minutes one time.
Anyway we talked for a bit and customers came so I was going to leave. Then she said wait meet my friend. So I met another japanese guy working at that am/pm. Who's also 20.

So I stand there talking to both of them for maybe 30 minutes. When her work was over, she didn't say bye however. She kinda ducked out a side entrance. Which kinda confused me.

But it was an.. interesting meeting.

freaking korean chicks are weird.

4_2_it
08-20-2007, 11:19 AM
kil,

I think Korean girls may be your Kryptonite.

Unknown Soldier
08-20-2007, 11:51 AM
back to movies

Glengarry Glen Ross is an excellent film. One of my favourites.

kolotoure
08-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I got a new haircut today and it is very emo

BigPoppa
08-20-2007, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
back to movies

[/ QUOTE ]

Always Be Closing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI)

bpc009
08-20-2007, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
back to movies

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But US, you kinda lost me on movies when you called A Beautiful Mind terrible or something like that.

Unknown Soldier
08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
back to movies

[/ QUOTE ]

Always Be Closing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI)

[/ QUOTE ]

"[censored] you that's my name. you know why Mr? Because you drove a Hundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80k BMW. That's my name."

Unknown Soldier
08-20-2007, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
back to movies

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But US, you kinda lost me on movies when you called A Beautiful Mind terrible or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i hated it, soppy hollywood trash. Didn't find it remotely interesting/moving; it did nothing for me. I can't remember it well so I can't really say much more then that.

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Anyone seen the Machinist? I enjoyed it quite a bit (even though it is kinda ruined because of films like Memento, Fight Club etc). Christian Bale looks sick in that film!

Unknown Soldier
08-20-2007, 12:29 PM
from the machinist to batman (or is it the other way round?) either way, that can't be healthy!

bpc009
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone seen the Machinist? I enjoyed it quite a bit (even though it is kinda ruined because of films like Memento, Fight Club etc). Christian Bale looks sick in that film!

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen it. Could you explain? Should I not see it since I've seen the other two and liked them a lot?

Kilillan
08-20-2007, 12:36 PM
machinist? what's that.

and the batman movie kicked ass.

also my boss lady told me today I'm the mascot of the seven elevens I work at.
Apparently the one I was fired from, customers keep asking where I am. And someone hung up pictures of me in the office...
wtf

BigPoppa
08-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Exactly how many Gaijin do they have working for them? Given the JP fascination with whitey, I can imagine there were customers coming in solely because you worked there.

BTW: I preferred the Daily Yamazaki, as their food selection was better.

Kilillan
08-20-2007, 12:41 PM
they have one korean girl and one chinese guy at my current one. No white people obv. At the other one, no foreigners at all.
very few white people in japan, most of them are much older than me and most of them teach. You just don't see white people holding a normal job in japan.

BigPoppa
08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
...and that's why you're the mascot.

bpc009
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Kil,

how's the Japanese coming along btw? Quite well is the impression I get.

BigPoppa,

could you give the cliff notes or direct me to a post on your story? I'm curious.

kolotoure
08-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I think I <3 William Sledd

Ratamahatta
08-20-2007, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I din't like it. I can't even remember what's it about which is a sign of that I didn't like it.

I watched Fracture (http://imdb.com/title/tt0488120/) couple of days ago, very good movie. Not a masterpeace but I enjoyed it.

Oh and I can't stop rewatching the Merchant of Venice (http://imdb.com/title/tt0379889/). I don''t think I have seen Al Pacino acting so good ever!

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah Merchant of Venice owns, Pacino owns obv and I love Jeremy Irons. I'm hopefully going to take my dad to The Globe in London to see a play for his birthday, its meant to be an amazing experience, just gotta pray it doesn't rain!

BigPoppa
08-20-2007, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

BigPoppa,

could you give the cliff notes or direct me to a post on your story? I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had kid as teenager.
Kid grew up.
Now doing all the [censored] I didn't get to do in my 20's.
Played in 2006 WSOP ME (did not cash), but still had a lot of poker money saved up.
Came home, quit job, packed bags.
Lived in Japan for a while, then travelled in Korea and Malaysia.
Now living in Berlin.

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 12:58 PM
What are you doing for money then BigPoppa? Poker? How old is your kid?

BigPoppa
08-20-2007, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah Merchant of Venice owns, Pacino owns obv and I love Jeremy Irons. I'm hopefully going to take my dad to The Globe in London to see a play for his birthday, its meant to be an amazing experience, just gotta pray it doesn't rain!

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks really cool, but was not open for the season yet when I took my niece to London.

BigPoppa
08-20-2007, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you doing for money then BigPoppa? Poker? How old is your kid?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Poker

2) 20 in October

Ratamahatta
08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its meant to be an amazing experience!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I can imagine. One of my dreams is to see Lion King the musical though... Does it make me ghay? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I can imagine. One of my dreams is to see Lion King the musical though... Does it make me ghay? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The film of the Lion King is one of the bestist evar and I can only imagine the musical is even more awesomer!

BigPoppa
08-20-2007, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glengarry Glen Ross, the Gay Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmq1mo6lI8w&NR=1)

Wolfram
08-20-2007, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone seen the Machinist? Christian Bale looks sick in that film!
[ QUOTE ]

from the machinist to batman (or is it the other way round?) either way, that can't be healthy!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He went from machinist to batman. He's 6' (184cm) tall and he lost 60lbs (27kg) for the machinist so he was down to 120lbs (54kg) by the end of it. I think his diet consisted mainly of green tea and a couple of apples a day.

Then for batman he went up to over 220lbs (100kg) but they felt he was to bulky (started calling him 'Fatman') so he lost a few pounds for the final filming.

All in all, a pretty sick weightloss/weightgain regime. Probably didn't do his health much good.

Abramovic
08-20-2007, 01:43 PM
xpost from cheese thread:

Any UK guys got any good recommendations for laptops?

Going to Uni next month and need to get a laptop. I want to spend £400-500 and want it to be good for poker (anyone know about playing poker in halls??). Obviously the resolution may not be great at this price, but I may take a monitor with me (advisable?).

Anyone with laptop buying experience or experience in london halls of residence - advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Pretty sure you can play poker on all uni networks. I bought a Dell a few months ago for about £900, served me very nicely, even if I do hate Vista. For your price range you can probably get something a bit slower, but still very good as a poker machine, though I would def want a monitor to play on.

FishSticks
08-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Saw the Allman Brothers Band last night - awesome show. Derek and Warren tore it up as always. Ratdog opened which was cool and such, but I was there for the Allmans. I didn't get a lot of my favorites played, but they have sooo much good material that was fine with me.

Anyone not into jammy type rock should really give it a shot. The shows are like a million times better than some random canned act concert where you get basically the same performance night after night.

My seats were so freakin sweet - section 101 row 7. They were expensive but worth it. There was some standing room in the front of the section, so I got to spend most of the show literally adjacent to the stage.

Kilillan
08-20-2007, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Kil,

how's the Japanese coming along btw? Quite well is the impression I get.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's coming

I can understand most of japanese tv

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, I can imagine what it must be life for you right now. Don't worry, you'll get through it.

Kilillan
08-20-2007, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, I can imagine what it must be life for you right now. Don't worry, you'll get through it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand it doesn't mean I actually watch it.

I only watch Japanese tv when I feel the need to punish myself.

beat: I've been on hold with epassporte for 35 minutes, not joking.

Al_Money
08-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey guys,

I'm very out of shape and I've decided to start working out a lot more. My usual exercise schedule used to be tennis 2-3 times a week, and pretty much nothing else. I'd like to start going to the gym 3-4 times per week, and also start running more. The thing is, I have no idea what to work on at the gym. I would like to lose some weight first of all, then get in better shape overall. My endurance is terrible right now, I just ran for about 30 mins and I'm exhausted /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

So what should my gym workout routine be? It's safe to say I know next to nothing about working out. If losing weight is my number 1 priority, what exercises do you recommend? Thanks a lot.

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just ran for about 30 mins and I'm exhausted /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol if your fitness is bad then what is mine? I can run only run for about 3 minutes without getting exhausted.

Kilillan
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
epassporte is so [censored] GAY

IF You'RE GOING TO STEAL MY MONEY AT LEAST TELL ME, STOP TELLING ME TO WAIT 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS

THEY BEEN TELLING ME 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR THE PAST 5 [censored] MONTHS. FU EPASSPORTE

I needed the money, and they're being dicks.

I just cashed out my ENTIRE ROLL, literally, I cannot play poker right now. So gay.

Al_Money
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just ran for about 30 mins and I'm exhausted /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol if your fitness is bad then what is mine? I can run only run for about 3 minutes without getting exhausted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I thought I was bad. But, I wouldn't say I ran 30 minutes straight, I probably walked for 10 minutes in between /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4_2_it
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Al,

About 7 months ago I finally broke down and returned to the gym. Up until one month ago, I did strictly cardio 3-4 days a week. I would weigh myself on the same day around the same time each week. I lost about 1-2 lbs a week on average. I also cut out most of the total crap in my diet and started making a concerted effort to eat smaller portions during the work week.

I preferred the elliptical because it is easy on my knees, but treadmill, bike, spinning or aerobics will all work. I was doing 50-60 minutes at a time and was usually bathed in sweat when finished. I managed to drop about 25 lbs since January. Now I cardio for about 35-40 minutes and alternate arms and legs on the Nautilus machines to tone up. My goal isn't to look cut, just to feel healthy so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Al_Money
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Thank you 4_2, just what I was looking for.

Kilillan
08-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Fu epassporte

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/CueThEBALL/account.jpg

you'll see me at the .05/.10 tables.. beating the hell out of fish

Going to osaka tomorrow. Meeting online girl at JR osaka sta.

6 diff transfers and 9 hour trainride, yipee.

She keeps saying "you don't wanna have sex right?"

which basically means I'm gonna have sex with her, right?

FishSticks
08-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Kil -

Pretty much yes. She might secretly have a penis. Or, she might be a HUGE sloot and just wants to know if she should shave or not. But basically, yes, she just wants you to act like you like her as a person and then she will totally have sex with you.

losilluminati
08-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Al,

Ive been a health/fitness fanatic most of my life. Ive read a countless amount of books/articles about fitness etc... If you want alot of detailed advice just pm me, Here are some basic great tips.

- First step you have to figure out what results you want ( how much weight you want to drop , do you want to be skinny or muscilar ? etc )

- Do your cardio after you wake up and BEFORE you eat ( this is extremely important because doing cardio in the morning before you eat will cause you to burn a LOT more fat since your body has used up most of your stored sugers while you were sleeping and now it will use the stored fat thats all over your body. ofcourse you don't have to do this but this will really speed things up for you.

- also an extremely important thing for you to do is create a good diet (meal plan). If you can afford getting a fitness trainer by all means do that becuase like you said you don't know much about fitness/healthy eating. If you CAN'T afford it thats not problem, just go online and there are a ton of material and fitness forums.

I would also recommend for you to do training with wieghts because this will tone your body (if thats what your goals are). PM me if you have any questions.

losilluminati
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Al, also i would recommend running as your cardio exercise because at your regular gym this is the best/fastest way to burn the calories (and by far)

orange
08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Al,
GL on your quest to get refit. Once I head back to school I think that I should drop 10-15 pounds pretty easy because the gym is so close.

BigPoppa
08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Running can be brutal on your knees, however. Bikes are good and low impact. So is swimming.

I 2nd the weight training idea. If you add 10 lbs of muscle, that muscle keeps eating all day every day. Your body will lose fat just to keep the muscle fed.

Keyser.
08-20-2007, 05:00 PM
ugh, I might be getting braces to correct some smile defects. gg sex for the next 6-7 months

Does anyone have any experience with getting work like this done past their childhood (I'm 23)?

4_2_it
08-20-2007, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Al, also i would recommend running as your cardio exercise because at your regular gym this is the best/fastest way to burn the calories (and by far)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, but running is also very hard on the body. This nearly 40 year old guy's knees can't handle much more than 2 miles without getting sore. Spinning is the hardest thing I have ever tried from a cardio standpoint (though I would guess that swimming might top it).

Al, not sure how old you are, but if you aren't in your twenties, start slow and listen to what your body is telling you.

4_2_it
08-20-2007, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, but running is also very hard on the body [edit -- BigPoppa beat me to it]. This nearly 40 year old guy's knees can't handle much more than 2 miles without getting sore. Spinning is the hardest thing I have ever tried from a cardio standpoint (though I would guess that swimming might top it).

Al, not sure how old you are, but if you aren't in your twenties, start slow and listen to what your body is telling you.

[/ QUOTE ]

nuggetz87
08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
if you can run for 30 minutes your first day (is this outside/track or tredmill btw?) then you probably aren't THAT out of shape.

no real advice though, just run lift and eat less.

losilluminati
08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Running can be brutal on your knees, however. Bikes are good and low impact. So is swimming.

[/ QUOTE ]
Running can be potentially be bad for your knees IF you run downhill. If you run 30-60 minutes a couple of times a week on flat or uphill treadmill or just outside that won't give you any permanent injuries (thats assuming you are not severely obese or have joint/knee problems). I agree swimming is also a good exercice that you can use as a bonus ( it will strengthen your lungs/heart and tone your upper body ) as for the biking... i personnaly don't recommend this exercise because if you overdo it, it can cause many different problems to your testicles.

FishSticks
08-20-2007, 05:12 PM
lololol

rapidacid
08-20-2007, 05:16 PM
First piece of art I've ever bought just got shipped here today ... so sick ...

ama0330
08-20-2007, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Al,

About 7 months ago I finally broke down and returned to the gym. Up until one month ago, I did strictly cardio 3-4 days a week. I would weigh myself on the same day around the same time each week. I lost about 1-2 lbs a week on average. I also cut out most of the total crap in my diet and started making a concerted effort to eat smaller portions during the work week.

I preferred the elliptical because it is easy on my knees, but treadmill, bike, spinning or aerobics will all work. I was doing 50-60 minutes at a time and was usually bathed in sweat when finished. I managed to drop about 25 lbs since January. Now I cardio for about 35-40 minutes and alternate arms and legs on the Nautilus machines to tone up. My goal isn't to look cut, just to feel healthy so take my advice with a grain of salt.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is awesome, keep it up

fitness ftw, i cant beleive how much better i feel since shaping up myself

delta k
08-20-2007, 05:29 PM
holla @ my first interview of the cycle. it's going to be good!

Keyser.
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pics now.

Grunch
08-20-2007, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i personnaly don't recommend this exercise because if you overdo it, it can cause many different problems to your testicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I can assure you this is a myth. Unless you sit on your balls, but what kind of idiot would do that?

Clayton
08-20-2007, 05:51 PM
http://hem.passagen.se/tqvist/leo_titanic_king_of_world.jpg

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i personnaly don't recommend this exercise because if you overdo it, it can cause many different problems to your testicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I can assure you this is a myth. Unless you sit on your balls, but what kind of idiot would do that?

[/ QUOTE ]#

I crushed mine pretty good this morning by lying face down in my sleep. Bloody painful.

kolotoure
08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Goofy I did what you said

rapidacid
08-20-2007, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pics now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to see it in person to appreciate how incredible it is ... it's the most lifelike painting I've ever seen
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/53712b27bc.jpg

Shizzle12345
08-20-2007, 07:38 PM
I developed a bit of a acne problem lately. Its not really bad, but its bad enough to make it stick out...

If im alot at the pc, my skin gets greasy and i get ltos of acne. I have almost none if im doing other stuff/am on holiday and outside all the time.. anybody has this too and know what to do against it? besides taking a 10min break every 45 minutes.

orange
08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
wow that painting is really awesome. how much did you pay for it? (if you feel uncomfortable then dont say i guess).

rapidacid
08-20-2007, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow that painting is really awesome. how much did you pay for it? (if you feel uncomfortable then dont say i guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

With framing & shipping 3.1K ... artists name is Alexei Butirskiy and that one is called Still Water ... we're already picking out our next one ... the artist is really young and pretty much unknown ... we bought it in a gallery in Hawaii ... I had zero intention of buying anything but in real life his paintings are the most incredible thing I've ever seen

Keyser.
08-20-2007, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With framing & shipping 3.1K ... artists name is Alexei Butirskiy and that one is called Still Water ... we're already picking out our next one ... the artist is really young and pretty much unknown ... we bought it in a gallery in Hawaii ... I had zero intention of buying anything but in real life his paintings are the most incredible thing I've ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, I like it. Original stuff is so much better than prints you buy at random places.

Etats360
08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
LOL michael vick plead guilty

rapidacid
08-20-2007, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, I like it. Original stuff is so much better than prints you buy at random places.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about art, but this isn't like the *original* original ... the lady at the gallery ( my art dealer I guess? ) said the original costs like 30K ... what I got was one of ~300 "Enhanced Giclée" painting copies they do of each one ... the first ones he did they only created about 100 of these copies, but now that he's getting more popular they're creating a few more copies of each original he does ... the painting I got is a bit more recent, so ~300 were copied ... I forgot to check which number mine is ... the art gallery lady said the artist actually touches up each copy that's created, and I guess that's the "Enhanced Giclée" ... anyway, I'm excited ... here's a few more he's done

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b401a60307.jpg
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/14c8136ab8.jpg
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/066c94822b.jpg
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6ee552bd7b.jpg
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0a3fc795c1.jpg

Etats360
08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
that first one is a painting? Wow.

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Wow, that's aweomse. Are they all of Venice?

rapidacid
08-20-2007, 09:45 PM
The most recent first one is called "April in Paris" ... I don't think any are of Venice, not sure ... most are from Moscow and the boat ones are from Amsterdam ... here's a link to a lot of his stuff: http://www.piccadillys.com/Butirskiy/alexeibutirskiyf.html

Al_Money
08-20-2007, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, but running is also very hard on the body. This nearly 40 year old guy's knees can't handle much more than 2 miles without getting sore. Spinning is the hardest thing I have ever tried from a cardio standpoint (though I would guess that swimming might top it).

[/ QUOTE ]

I just turned 20 last month. My running today was basically on the street just in my neighborhood for whoever asked that. I felt a lot less lazy/tired all day just from running in the morning which is a huge plus of course.

losilluminati,
thanks for the responses, I will be sure to PM you if I have any questions.

4_2_it
08-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Al,

Run to your heart's content. Find a chick that likes to run and join her.

orange
08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Running is pretty fun. Actually no it's not but it's really good for you. I usually like playing some pickup ball or football w. friends to get my cardio in. More fun, more intense at times.

_dave_
08-20-2007, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are familiar with BBV / Threadcat, this leads the race for funniest post in a long time.

If you are NOT aware of BBV Threadcat, this is LOL on another level - DO NOT DO IT!!! (but if you do, pls post pics to BBV)

goofyballer
08-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Jay, vn work with the new avatar. It's finally visible when blown up!

goofyballer
08-20-2007, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God, you are the worst [censored] poster on the planet, I swear to god!

To those that are not me or Kolo, my advice to him (when he was like "hay goofy I think I might be gay" on AIM) was to go kiss Micki to find out. So of course he goes and makes this [censored] post and gives no details on the ensuing trainwreck. WORTHLESS!

Jay Riall
08-20-2007, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jay, vn work with the new avatar. It's finally visible when blown up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you like it sweetcheecks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God, you are the worst [censored] poster on the planet, I swear to god!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

MysteryV
08-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Any SSNLers from the Bay Area? SF particularly? Even better, any of you, in SF with 9 to 5s (or any of you getting out of school who want a job in venture debt?)

Just curious who all's around here as I'd like to get to know some people for sweat sessions, hand disc, etc.

IF there are enough of us (like I think there might be), maybe we can get a local game or somthing.

Just a thought.

ajmargarine
08-20-2007, 11:41 PM
The first and last painting are awesome.

I remember going to the Art Institute in Chicago and there was a painting from the perspective of being in a house looking out a window at a landscape scene and it was the most realistic thing I had ever seen, just like you were really looking out a house window. just stood there in awe at the realism.

SpecT
08-20-2007, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when he was like "hay goofy I think I might be gay" on AIM

[/ QUOTE ]

wait. wat?

goofyballer
08-20-2007, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when he was like "hay goofy I think I might be gay" on AIM

[/ QUOTE ]

wait. wat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really surprised?

[ QUOTE ]
Any SSNLers from the Bay Area? SF particularly? Even better, any of you, in SF with 9 to 5s (or any of you getting out of school who want a job in venture debt?)

Just curious who all's around here as I'd like to get to know some people for sweat sessions, hand disc, etc.

IF there are enough of us (like I think there might be), maybe we can get a local game or somthing.

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just moved to Menlo Park, holla. I know cbloom is from around here somewhere (prob SF) too. DJ Sensei lives in SF.