PDA

View Full Version : Blind Steal FPS???

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Do I just need to let this go on the flop???

Villian 52/12/GT+ said 10 PT says 4 (55)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($2.90)
Hero ($12.25)
SB ($12.10)
BB ($6.95)
UTG ($6.25)
MP ($15.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.05) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.8</font>

CmnDwnWrkn
08-17-2007, 11:49 AM
You need to let it go pre-flop

members_only
08-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Raising donkbets is standard but raising pot-sized donkbets on a sunshine flop when you have no pair no draw is a bit bullish for me

corsakh
[ QUOTE ]
You need to let it go pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

corsakh
I like the sunshine flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
ffs well thats not my style... and that advice is not really helpful..

Change the cards slightly then to A9s (clubs pf) Im sure most raise there then...

corsakh
08-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Mm. No offense, but you need to learn to crawl before you walk. Talking about "style" here is a little early I'd say.

members_only
[ QUOTE ]
I like the sunshine flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty standard /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mrage
[ QUOTE ]
Raising donkbets is standard but raising pot-sized donkbets on a sunshine flop when you have no pair no draw is a bit bullish for me

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, I love me some stealin', but it's best to have some value to go along so if you get action you might flop big. T7s = yes... T7o not so much. This problem is evident here where if he calls this raise you basically have no chance of winning unless you sack up and push the turn or something. So yes, FPS, and you don't need that to make money off this guy.

One more thing - what's to "let go?" You have T hi, no pair, no draw. If you planned on making a play on this guy from the get-go because of a read, that's called a "read-based play" and you are welcome to spew all the chips you want to try to get him to fold. But I have a feeling if your read was that laser-accurate to begin with this post wouldn't be here.

Quester
08-17-2007, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ffs well thats not my style... and that advice is not really helpful..

Change the cards slightly then to A9s (clubs pf) Im sure most raise there then...

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising a 52% VPIP with T7o as a steal is probably not profitable in the long term. Maybe if he were tighter and likes coming in cheap, then sure. But I don't think that's the case here.

The flop is spew, and would be with A9 as well.

icheckcallu
08-17-2007, 12:07 PM
t7o if u like to burn money

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So when should we stray from the norm...

traz
08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Button stealing with T7o against a lagtard is not a smart play

CmnDwnWrkn
08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if there is a very good chance your opponent will fold. So really, you should have some type of read that would indicate this. Your pokertracker stats actually indicate the opposite - that your opponent is a calling station. Bluffing in the vast majority of cases is a mistake against this type of player. Bluffing with complete air generally doesn't work well at this level. So many players will call you with junk that it usually is not a profitable move. Again, when you bluff like this, you want your opponent to fold, so you need some good evidence that your opponent actually will fold.

members_only
08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I don't really understand your question. To explain what I was saying, it is often profitable at uNL to raise the flop if you are the pre-flop raiser and someone bets into you from out of position, because their bet is often a rather feeble and ill-thought-out stab with some kind of mediocre hand that can't stand much heat. However, I am less inclined to do this if my opponent makes a fairly strong bet (like a pot-sized bet for example) because a) it costs a lot more to bluff/semibluff-raise them off and b) such bets are less often FOS. In addition, villain in this hand is betting out on a single-suited flop, which would make me more inclined to believe he has a strong hand that he is unlikely to let go of cheaply. And finally, your hand has no draw or showdown value whatsoever (unlike if you were doing this with eg the bare Ah)

If you mean when, despite these considerations, should we pump the flop with T7o anyway, I'd say something like when you have some kind of sick read that villain's bet actually means weakness here, when you think villain is capable of making a laydown, when you are sure you can push him off it on the turn, esp if you also have a very tight image etc... Not necessarily all but one or more of the above, and I'm not sure any of them really apply here

WarhammerIIC
08-17-2007, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Several buy-in levels up from where you're at.

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Nice Explaination MO ty

cb4mvp
08-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Maybe open with this hand, but just throw it away when a 52/10 limps. And don't even think of raising his donk bet here.

tarheeljks
08-17-2007, 04:13 PM
this play is basically complete spew, i don't even think it's fps-- just spew. you are just moving the slider and hoping that he folds

Antinome
08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Button stealing with T7o against a lagtard is not a smart play

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot more problem with stealing from a lagtard than I do regarding the T7o. It isn't like our cards matter given our position. We aren't going to showdown, like ever. The actual equity difference is small (between this and T7s), ease of play is irrelevant because we have AKo as far as villain is concerned. The fact that he's a lagtard, though, that's a showstopper. You can't steal from someone who gives it away.