PDA

View Full Version : 50NL, 44 gettin wild....

tberg
08-17-2007, 03:41 AM
Can I get some reasons why this is a crappy re-steal/where I went wrong.(bad risk/reward) I know the villain will 3bet lite and make squeeze plays. I figure if the K doesn’t hit him the hero slays the pot. After the call on the re-raised flop the hero should give up (The all in was a doh!). Where’s my thinking got me wrong? Thanks

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $40.70
BB: $87.35
UTG: $75.20
MP: $64.40
CO: $49.25
Hero (BTN): $79.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.50, <font color="red">BB raises to $7.00</font>, Hero calls $5.25, SB folds

Flop: ($15.75) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25.00</font>, BB calls $17.00

Turn: ($65.75) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $47.10</font>, BB calls $47.10

River: ($159.95) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

gumpzilla
08-17-2007, 04:24 AM
The flop action seems okay as long as you don't do it too often (a weakness of mine.) However, once you're looked up on the flop I think the turn bet is usually going to be total spew, as I don't think you're getting many folds on the turn. People generally aren't looking up flop raises in 3 bet pots with the idea that it's a bluff, in my experience, and if they are that turn sure isn't going to slow them down.

Triggerle
08-17-2007, 04:51 AM
The bigger the pot becomes the more difficult it is to steal it. In a 3bet pot people usually don't like to fold unless they miss completely. (In which case you beat them anyway.)

vs a made hand your line is a fine value line because by building the pot step by step you won't push anyone off.

If you really want to "steal" this (meaning getting a better hand to fold) then push the flop or even pre-flop. Unless I have substantial history with someone I would entirely adivse against stealing here at all.

kabouter
08-17-2007, 05:05 AM
I don't like the line, BB 3bets big preflop, and even if he 3bets light we must assume he is far ahead of your range (AQ-AK, 77-AA, some suited connectors maybe?), so I would fold preflop. , and please give up after the flop reraise. This seems like a really good hand 22/33/QQ or a overpair KK/AA to me.

So no I'm not a big fan of this line /images/graemlins/smile.gif. If he is a big donk this could of course be a flush draw, but I really doubt it, and even then he probably has two overcards, hence 6 outs.

Edit: on a second glance, this seems like a hand where the hero makes a bad call, hopes for his 2 outer, but doesn't get it. Then decides to go all in anyways out of pure frustration (donks never hold QQ-AA anyways right?)