PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - AKo OOP against decent player.

VLV
08-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Player is 19/16/4 over 300 hands. Plus I remember seeing him previously and noting that he was a decent player.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($30.30)
MP ($3.85)
CO ($27.40)
Button ($33.65)
SB ($3.75)
Hero ($30.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO calls $3, SB calls $2.75 (All-In).

Flop: ($11.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero ???

Should I have bet more PF?

crovax4444
08-17-2007, 05:02 AM
your bet is fine PF

c-bet/fold the flop. His range is decently wide, I'd guess A9s+, 22-JJ, K9+, JTs+, QTs+.

Crovax

Asheh
08-17-2007, 05:27 AM
If he seems decent he will prob fold to the flop bet. Maybe if you feel hes that strong you could c/r the flop? pretty strong, but be prepared to lay it down if he comes over the top.

Otherwise if your not feelin confident, i dont mind a c/f here, it might show weakness but you can use it to your advantage later when you flop a monster.

corsakh
08-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Preflop is fine. I tend to give up on this flop.

If he is decent, his calling range would be something like TT+, AK. Mostly TT-QQ and AK. And he is not folding to a cbet on this board. You only fold a split.

If he is a tagfish, his range includes a lot of queens and middle suited connectors that obviously hit.

Tevac
08-17-2007, 06:04 AM
Pre-flop raise is fine.

I would also c-bet here. That flop will have missed a lot of players.

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If he is decent, his calling range would be something like TT+, AK. Mostly TT-QQ and AK. And he is not folding to a cbet on this board. You only fold a split.

If he is a tagfish, his range includes a lot of queens and middle suited connectors that obviously hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know hes not folding to a c-bet on this board If you dont make one ...

This Flop is a standard C bet for me in this spot Im gone If he raises me...

corsakh
08-17-2007, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know hes not folding to a c-bet on this board If you dont make one ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he fold TT-QQ here? And why would he fold JT or T9 here if he is spewy enough to call with it preflop?

members_only
08-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Also even if he folds you're going to have to beat SB to win any money, which significantly dents your expectation from c-betting

Mrage
08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
HU I cbet, get called and shutdown (hehe) but with the SB all-in I'm more willing to give it up. The added benefit (though slight) is you will get to see what he is calling your 3bet with.

WarhammerIIC
08-17-2007, 09:37 AM
3-handed, I'm check-folding here. Heads up, you have to c-bet. If he raises, oh well. GL next hand.

bob_sacamano
08-17-2007, 09:55 AM
check/fold. can't see how a cbet is good here. with the short allin, you wont get much from this if you dont spike a card, IMO.

Check_The_Nuts
08-17-2007, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, no, ur wrong sorry don't cbet :/.

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Ok what if the short stack isnt all in here would a cbet then be considered???

corsakh
08-17-2007, 10:43 AM
No. Cbetting ace flop in 3bet pots into two people is usually not a very good idea.

ps I misread your last question.

bob_sacamano
08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok what if the short stack isnt all in here would a cbet then be considered???

[/ QUOTE ]

without him, Id probably cbet.

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
please elaborate

Check_The_Nuts
08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
yeah shortstack is what makes it bad. Dunno if I cbet this just headsup but 3 way is pretty yikes on that flop.

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Wait I get it ...

A cbet here is bad because you cant win the pot here... you still have to see SD with the SB all in anyway....

Even if the other guy folds....

Got there ITE I think :S

corsakh
08-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Ye, thats regarding shortstack. The pot is "protected" by the all in shorty. But if he was full stack, cbet would still be unprofitable since one of them is likely to have an ace or call with some sort of a strong pocket like QQ.

VLV
08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
What about if there is no shortstack? I'm HU against villain. Is that an obvious cbet or is it still arguable?

corsakh
08-17-2007, 11:18 AM
HU its easy cbet.

tomonbass
08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Im a little befuddled here that looks like a good flop for a cbet if all stacks where reasonable...

Mrage
08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HU I cbet, get called and shutdown (hehe) but with the SB all-in I'm more willing to give it up. The added benefit (though slight) is you will get to see what he is calling your 3bet with.

[/ QUOTE ]
In regards to recent replies, HU = Heads-up, meaning I would cbet if it were heads-up as I'm sure most would.