PDA

View Full Version : Pardise Poker - Raked Hand - Is this standard?

StregaChess
02-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I received this email in reply to an email regarding raked hands from Paradise Poker.

"However please note that the 'No flop, no Drop' policy that we have would mean that if there is no flop or if you fold your hand your rake is not set aside therefore not taken from the pot. This ultimately means that the hand that you folded would not be constituted as a raked hand. "

Is this standard rule for most sites?

Seems like a "tight" player would have to burn a lot hands to make a bonus.

On the upside every blackjack hand with a $5 wager is worth 3 points.

Just curious as I want to clear a bonus for a free chip set and it would appear that "raked" does not have a universal way of measuring it?
Or.. am I just off???

smallSEK
02-27-2006, 12:11 PM
the no flop, no drop policy just means that if there isn't a flop on that hand, it doesn't count as a raked hand, since there's rake taken. However, if you folded a hand and people still see a flop it counts as a raked hand. So being a tight player doesn't hurt your raked hands count. ie relatively easy to clear as long as the table is tight.

StregaChess
02-27-2006, 12:16 PM
That's not what it says..

The "OR" would appear to say othewise..

"OR if you fold your hand your rake is not set aside therefore not taken from the pot. This ultimately means that the hand that you folded would not be constituted as a raked hand. "

Lawman
02-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Irrespective of what the CS muppet said, if you are dealt cards and rake is taken from the pot it counts as a raked hand for everyone dealt cards irrespective of whether they fold preflop podtflop or go to showdown.

The only thing I can think they are getting at is if the pot is raised and reraised preflop over the rake threshhold, a rake is seemingly taken, but if the reraisers bet is not matched (no flop) the rake is returned.

Schwartzy61
02-27-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't care what the OR would appear to be saying...

You get a raked hand for anything that is raked. No flop no drop just means a hand can't be raked prior to the flop.

T&C can sometimes be misleading, I've done several bonuses there and for every hand that was raked I received a point...

StregaChess
02-27-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irrespective of what the CS muppet said,

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, thanks!

So they answer email quickly but they are stupid...
I guess its the same everywhere....

That's why I always tell my group to stop calling it the "Help Desk" just call it the "DESK" as the help part is yet to be proven....

Jeffro
02-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Paradise has the best Customer Support in the business, hands down. Can we please see your "smart" question so we can put their "stupid" answer in context?

StregaChess
02-27-2006, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise has the best Customer Support in the business, hands down. Can we please see your "smart" question so we can put their "stupid" answer in context?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I fold my hand and don’t put cash into the pot, yet the remaining players continue on to play the hand and a rake is taken from that hand. Does that count as a raked hand for me and will I earn points?

That what you are looking for?

grjr
02-27-2006, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I fold my hand and don’t put cash into the pot, yet the remaining players continue on to play the hand and a rake is taken from that hand. Does that count as a raked hand for me and will I earn points?

That what you are looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, you got a stupid answer all right. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ken_AA
02-27-2006, 10:35 PM
I really don't understand why anyone sends emails. Just call these places, its so much easier.

Ken

SoftcoreRevolt
02-28-2006, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right. Paradise would have the worst CS in the business if Pacific didn't exist. Some people seem to really like it, but I have had nothing but trouble, as did a few friends and referals.

I get better results from Party's CS, who are slow, but they usually get a decent answer back to you if you spell things out clearly. If you do that for a Paradise rep you get a form email back, and when you explain that doesn't answer your question... you get the same form email!

StregaChess
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why anyone sends emails. Just call these places, its so much easier.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Accept I work in a cube work enviroment and I really wonder what my boss would think if she overheard me taking about "rakes".....

Fishy McDonk
02-28-2006, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Accept I work in a cube work enviroment and I really wonder what my boss would think if she overheard me taking about "rakes".....

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same thing she'll think after reading your emails

StregaChess
02-28-2006, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Probably the same thing she'll think after reading your emails

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply.

I’m sure that your presence on the boards will personally enrich my life and I look forward at grasping the crumbs that fall from your table.

It’s a multi tasking, high paced world…
Look past it or get a life….
Results are all that matter..

Fishy McDonk
02-28-2006, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

yw. Glad to be of service.

But seriously, never underestimate the "corporation".

StregaChess
02-28-2006, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But seriously, never underestimate the "corporation".

[/ QUOTE ]

If you knew the truth about my boss you'd not believe it...
My brain often does not connect with my fingers (i.e. accept/except) and she.... gets me to proof read, and draft most of her important emails.

I can't go on from here.. home PC maybe.. but I'm done for now..