PDA

View Full Version : New player bonus advice

fatherofmany
02-27-2006, 09:51 AM
One of my co-workers approached me for advice on gettting started playing online poker (he normally plays stt type nl holdem at a home game). He is planning on playing the low limit sng's until he feels ready to give the limit games a go (he's been borrowing books for 6 months or so). As sng's and mtt's aren't my forte (though I do dabble occasionally), what is his best plan?

Which sites offer the best return for sng players? Can he sign up for rakeback *and* have a bonus to work at or is he going to be forced to choose? Are there any nearly risk free type bonuses (remembering the days of party and skin 5x) a new player could learn to play low limit with? Are there any refer a friend type bonuses that aren't going to cost him a larger bonus at someone else's expense?

Appreciate your advice!

smallSEK
02-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Well, if your friend is completely new to online poker. He should probably read up at www.bonuswhores.com (http://www.bonuswhores.com) they have a pretty good list of sites that can help you build up a bankroll while he learns. Otherwise, without bonuses Party and PokerStars are great start up sites.