PDA

View Full Version : about how much to 3-bet

xtc
08-03-2007, 01:06 AM
I was just wondering if anyone had a aproximation of how much to usually 3-bet for with a good hand?? like i usually 3x theyre raise or so but ive heard alot of arguements on how much to bet just wanting to know some of your guys opinions

automaton_22
08-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah, interesting question.
For NL25 $1 / $3 / $8-12 seems standard.

Grunch
08-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Generally about 3x the original raise. Adjust based on stack sizes, opponent tendancies and what your planning to do postflop (which of course depends on your hand). But 3x is a good place to start.

xtc
08-03-2007, 01:26 AM
like some people say like 3-4x the opening raise some people only say about 3x the reraise ... just a curiousity question as i know theres many knowledgeable players that like to share theyre insight just thought i could get some

tw0please
08-03-2007, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Adjust based on stack sizes, opponent tendancies and what your planning to do postflop (which of course depends on your hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunch expand upon this? I never vary my 3bet size based on my hand unless villain is an absolute moron.

To OP, 3bet near pot size, min reraising is bad as it offers great implied odds for any hand to call.

Grunch
08-03-2007, 01:39 AM
Well, going to bed so not a lot of expansion right now.

But basically what I mean is consider whether or not you will want to get all-in quickly or slowly. For example, think about the difference between having AA and 76s preflop. What's your plan usually going to be on the flop?

tw0please
08-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Flop plan is almost always a bet...is that a trick question? The tough decision comes on the turn if you bet an unfavorable flop and get called. By the turn in a 3bet pot, the pot size is always going to be significant relative to stacks and adjusting the preflop raise size isn't going to make a huge difference. If our raise size and flop plan are going to differ appreciably when having a hand like AA versus 76s, this sounds like a better argument to fold or call with 76s pre, not reraise, if only to avoid having our reraised holdings be transparent.