PDA

View Full Version : Clear mistake, Fix by aiming for proper PSR?

mvdgaag
08-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I know this is FR, but party has no 6max at these stakes and I feel the posters of this forum are much more help than the FR forum, esp. since this is nanomicrostakes. For some reason I wasn't very aware of the stack sizes and clearly made a huge mistake by calling this flop.

My question is did I make a preflop mistake earlyer in the hand? What if I had 3bet or even 4bet myself? I would have gotten the odds. Is this what the PSR's in PNLHE are all about? Because in that case, why don't I raise half my stack with 42o so I'm getting the odds at the flop? See where I'm going? Anyways, here's the hand (I know, I suck here and need to post some excuse: this was 6 tabling and I'm used to slow live games):

BTN has $9.16 and is loose, but good. 34/16
BB has $5.02 and is kind of fishy, overvalues hands, not enough data on him.
Hero has $7.36 and has been playing tight ABC poker so far.

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.22</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $0.68</font>, 3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

<font color="666666"> I wanted to call for set value. After the raise from BB and the call I called with the same plan </font>

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.16, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $2</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

<font color="666666"> Caught an open ended straight draw... Nice, I deviate from the plan. I still put him on AA-QQ or AK. This is where I think I should have folded instead, because I wasn't getting the proper (implied) odds. Oh well, got excited and had other tables to worry about (some guy openfolding the BB after I completed the SB with AA leaving me with the blinds, do you believe that? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif) </font>

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.16, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $2.34</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="666666"> Beh, have to call, we are getting 2.34 to 8.50. We have 10 outs so need about 4:1 to call, but we might even have the best hand sometimes, besides, why call the flop if we're just folding this turn?</font>

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($10.84, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.84)

Results:
BB shows aces
Final pot: $10.84

Check_The_Nuts
08-02-2007, 06:42 PM
what limit is this?