PDA

View Full Version : donkey hero does...

ssdex
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
I know this is a terrible call... but I was just sick of the button 3 betting me every time i raised from mid position.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($67.90)
SB ($68.20)
BB ($30.65)
UTG ($14.65)
Hero ($77.50)
CO ($20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, CO (poster) calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $6.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($21.50) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $14.5</font>,
Hero calls or shoves or mini raises or what? whats ur line here?

castigar
08-02-2007, 01:53 PM
I raise that to 45 and call his push obv.. I don't like to call here because if an other club comes, he's not putting in an other dime in the pot w/out a club and he could have Ac that stacks you.

blackice781
08-02-2007, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise that to 45 and call his push obv.. I don't like to call here because if an other club comes, he's not putting in an other dime in the pot w/out a club and he could have Ac that stacks you.

[/ QUOTE ]

gumpzilla
08-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm happy with a check shove here. Raising anything less commits you anyway, and there are a lot of scare cards out there that could kill your action on the turn. And I think the shove comes out pretty close to pot-sized raise, so it's not like it's a gross overbet.

If the button is 3 betting you so much, why not 4 bet him?

Mingdu
I raise a little more than min. and hope he thinks he has some fe and shoves on me ... call

shove turn if he calls

BevillTheDevil
yea your right about pf ez fold. If villian calls a minraise then he/she probably calls a push. Plus a push kinda looks more like we are drawing or tryin to get him to fold. I dont like a call here cause another club either kills our action or we are put in a bad spot OOP probably only gettin bets called by Ac.

relativity_x
08-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I like to lead the flop in this spot to get stacks in.

As played, I'd just smooth call and lead turn ~20, which will leave ~25 to get in on the river into a 90 pot.

ssdex
08-02-2007, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm happy with a check shove here. Raising anything less commits you anyway, and there are a lot of scare cards out there that could kill your action on the turn. And I think the shove comes out pretty close to pot-sized raise, so it's not like it's a gross overbet.

If the button is 3 betting you so much, why not 4 bet him?

[/ QUOTE ]

4betting light is a really tricky spot---- I prefer to only do it less then 100bb or when we both have 200bb or more--- at 150bb its kind of a scary spot.

ssdex
08-02-2007, 02:04 PM
my thoughts were check/shove b/c it looks bluffy like ac x---- and he probably feels inclined to call with QQ+

BevillTheDevil
08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
id rather 4bet if CO wasnt in the hand...150bb isnt scary. If they are 3bettin you light 4bettin then often usually slows them down, plus 4bettin is fun.

mvdgaag
08-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Against an unknown I push. We don't want AcX to catch a club.

If he's not folding AsX here than I might just call to suck him in for the rest on the turn and river. After this bet he only has about $45 left for a $50 pot. He will probably commit himself.

HBomb
08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Just raise all in here, is the best move, he might call you down with QcQx or possible TcTx if he thinks you're the one shoving with any AcXx.

On the other hand, I smooth called a guy's 3 bet with AcKc the other day and flopped a flush on a low board. I decided that since he seemed to be pretty nitty that if I raised him at all, he was going to fold if he didn't have a club. So I decided to just call the flop bet to make me look like the fishy type. On another blank turn card, he shoved all in and I insta-called it.

monkeymaps
08-02-2007, 02:36 PM
we want a bare Ac to call DUCY?
I like a decent sized c/r here
c/c here is criminal IMO because a club on the turn kills our action. even if its a blank villan would be very cautious but buy building a pot now you might get him to pay you off on a blank turn. or call ur flop push a say c/r or push this flop