PDA

View Full Version : Trips with weak kicker, value shove this river ?

08-02-2007, 01:39 PM
villain is TAG 22/13/3. I`m 21/16/2.2.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($38.50)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($44.95)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($132.75)</font>
UTG ($48.50)
MP ($124.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($15) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7.5</font>, SB calls $7.50.

River: ($30) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">

HERO ??

gumpzilla
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Check behind. With the PF limp he probably doesn't have a big A. He probably isn't c/r'ing the flop and calling a 3bet and a turn bet with a weak A. There are no draws to speak of. Thus, his most likely holding is a stronger ten that he's letting you bet for him. EDIT: I probably would have made the flop reraise larger, more like 11 or so.

traz
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
check

08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check behind. With the PF limp he probably doesn't have a big A. He probably isn't c/r'ing the flop and calling a 3bet and a turn bet with a weak A. There are no draws to speak of. Thus, his most likely holding is a stronger ten that he's letting you bet for him. EDIT: I probably would have made the flop reraise larger, more like 11 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this advice. If I was holding a Ace a smallish flop raise would make less sense.

Anycall
08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
check behind. he is not calling with a bare ace. the only thing u are beating and get value from is T2.

blackice781
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
i 3barrel here, i don't think the villain holds a ten and might call with a weak ace.

15 to go.

mvdgaag
08-02-2007, 01:57 PM
He is not check/raising this river with a boat, because you've shown enough interest to call a decent bet and he won't take the risk of you checking behind.

He must have an A or a T to still be here. After the flop I feel he has T8s, T9s, JT, QT, KT most often. You are probably beat, but can't fold this. I like a small bet on the turn and definately check behind on river.

If he had an A you just lost yourself his stack, but you'll get it soon enough if he plays it like this /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nh

blackice781
08-02-2007, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is not check/raising this river with a boat, because you've shown enough interest to call a decent bet and he won't take the risk of you checking behind.

He must have an A or a T to still be here. After the flop I feel he has T8s, T9s, JT, QT, KT most often. You are probably beat, but can't fold this. I like a small bet on the turn and definately check behind on river.

If he had an A you just lost yourself his stack, but you'll get it soon enough if he plays it like this /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

villain has ace 80% of the time in my experience.

15 to go please.

AZplaya
08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
you guys think a tag really plays trips this passively? I wouldn't be suprised to see ace rag here alot. I would put in a river value bet for about 1/2 pot.

gumpzilla
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you guys think a tag really plays trips this passively?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Read my first post in this thread; from either guy's spot, I would expect to see a T from my opponent given all of the action. If he has KT, then sure, I'd expect him to push a little harder, but if it's something like T9 then playing it WA/WB against an opponent who has shown serious interest in the hand is probably the best line.

kurto
08-02-2007, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

15 to go please.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have the best table selection because my opponents are not this dumb 80% of the time. Congrats on your skill at finding the best tables.

blackice781
08-02-2007, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

15 to go please.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have the best table selection because my opponents are not this dumb 80% of the time. Congrats on your skill at finding the best tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe it's my image /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheBobn
08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
I think villain could very possibly have AcXc and picked up a flush draw on the turn. I'd bet about 1/2 pot and except to be called by an ace. By the way 23/13 is not TAG stats.

sightless
08-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I hate the flop 3bet, unless we have a lot prior agerssion in our history I like to take a passive line in such situations.

You have position, IMO should not play a big pot in this spot. Call his flop c/r. If he checks the turn you can bet it or check behind. If he checks river, bet it:/

08-02-2007, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i 3barrel here, i don't think the villain holds a ten and might call with a weak ace.

15 to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. I think you where at the table with me and watched the hand. I really didnt put him on a T. I tried to make it look like I was trying to represent a T, but didn÷t have it.

Anyways in the last days I have run into spots like this where villain was holding trips with bigger kicker.

BTW, I like your game, what are you still doing at 50NL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jamougha
08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Time to give up on the bluff..

08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the flop 3bet, unless we have a lot prior agerssion in our history I like to take a passive line in such situations.

You have position, IMO should not play a big pot in this spot. Call his flop c/r. If he checks the turn you can bet it or check behind. If he checks river, bet it:/

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO a flop call seems as much suspicious as a small raise. Villain could be thinking that by raising small Im trying to represent an T and finding out where I stand.

shoxbb6
08-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Whats with the 1/2 pot turn bet?

ocdscale
08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check behind. he is not calling with a bare ace. the only thing u are beating and get value from is T2.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3 kicker doesn't play. We aren't beating any Tx hands and are behind T4, T6+

ama0330
08-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I dont know if I like this turn bet either

gumpzilla
08-02-2007, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's why I like the turn bet. By betting half pot ourselves in that spot, I think we'll frequently get to set a cheaper price against better Ts than if we check the turn and lead him to bet the river. Checking behind the turn would be a good way to induce a bluff, but given the flop action I think a bluff is very unlikely.

08-03-2007, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's why I like the turn bet. By betting half pot ourselves in that spot, I think we'll frequently get to set a cheaper price against better Ts than if we check the turn and lead him to bet the river. Checking behind the turn would be a good way to induce a bluff, but given the flop action I think a bluff is very unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I made a small turn bet to suck in any Ace. However, for some reason I really didn`t believe villain had a T. He showed T7 Btw.