PDA

View Full Version : Should I be calling here?

Bad Beat Maker
08-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Was one of first few hands at this table so no read on any opponents. What do you think about my reraise call and river call?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $8.90
BB: $10.00
UTG: $10.00
MP: $5.80
CO: $12.60
Hero (BTN): $9.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.80</font>, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($4.85) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.85) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $0.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.60</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.10</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Pot Size: $11.05 ($1.10 Rake)

RESULTS BELOW IN WHITE:
<font color="white">MP had 9 of Diamonds and T of Hearts (a full house, Tens full of Nines) and WON (+$4.65)
Hero had KJ of spades ([Js Ks] a flush, King high) and LOST (-$5.30)</font>

mvdgaag
08-02-2007, 06:36 AM
I 4bet that flop to put him allin... He only has 3.60 left. Your king might sometimes be good, you have a flush and straightdraw, you are very likely to be ahead.

I call the 10c on the river. A reraise on the flop is often trips or two pair and the T was no good news.

GladdyG
08-02-2007, 07:11 AM
You could, like mvdgaag says, just have gone all in on the flop. If you believed he just had something like AT, which does make sense in MP if he'd been a tight player. Looking at his chip stack and how he plays this hand. It looks like he is a pretty loose and bad player.

I am a more conservative player so i don't want my hand all-in in approx. 50/50 situations. In cash game it doesn't pay off unless you 1: think he might fold, 2: The pot is already big so the odds are great. In this game he check-raised you so he isn't going anywhere, the pot isn't that huge either.

On the flop I think you're betting a little too much, especially since you're not unhappy if someone calls. A bet of 0.6-0.7 will do you fine. After he limit raises you, you have 3.95-0.9, more than 4-1 odds on your hand. Definitely worth a call. Bad play on his part.

The turn is a straight forward matter, you hate that card, but he indicates he does too. Checking is fine.

When he bets the minimum amount amount on the end, after you made your flush, you should raise, you might still be winning, he might have AT or 96(doesn't make much sense, but he looks like a bad player. Or he might have a flush as well where he aggressively bet his draw(Unless he has the A you are winning). When he goes all in on the river you have to ask yourself: Will I win this hand 1 out of 6 times. You're getting 5.33-1 on your money and if you win 1 out of 6 or more you'll be making money. The pot odds make this a pretty simple call. Looking at his chip stack he's made moves that has cost him money previously. Though, like in the example he can have you beat, you have to call.

Fiksdal
08-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Dude you have a straight-flush draw on the flop. Just get it in right there. As played villain could have a lower flush for sure and pot odds are huge so you can't fold.

Bad Beat Maker
08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Yea should have put him all in on flop. Thanks guys.