PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - AQ hits flop, Villain fires on Turn, Villain all-in river

automaton_22
08-02-2007, 03:22 AM
This is a reasonably common situation.
No reads on Villain.

I know I can't call the river bet.
Am I against a set here?
I guess the turn call was donkish. Should I have let this go on the turn? Raised the turn? Bet more on the flop?

Your advice?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $38.03
Hero: $24.65
Button: $94.04
SB: $14.76
BB: $42.08

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.1, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $35.58</font>, Hero ?

Jzo19
08-02-2007, 03:41 AM
turn is probably a fold ,riv is an ez fold

sluggger5x
08-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Flop and turn play is fine. Very easy fold on river obv. his range is huge and I think he either has a6/a8 plenty of times here. On the river I am folding to anything over a half size pot bet.

globetrotter
08-02-2007, 03:49 AM
River is an easy fold, but is a fold on the turn really the consensus here? We do have position. I like the size of the flop bet. I don't want the pot getting too big w/ that hand and i don't really put him on any draws. I could even see a half pot bet there.

justhetip
08-02-2007, 04:02 AM
That is such a bad bet by BB with any made hand. Depends on what level he is thinking on... I sometimes call.

PinkMartini
08-02-2007, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River is an easy fold, but is a fold on the turn really the consensus here? We do have position. I like the size of the flop bet. I don't want the pot getting too big w/ that hand and i don't really put him on any draws. I could even see a half pot bet there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is, if we call a turn bet of that size, what do we do if he fires a PSB on the river that blanks similarly? What about a 3/4 pot bet?

automaton_22
08-02-2007, 04:49 AM
AQ; AJ is a possibility.
Pocket 8's and 5's would be played exactly as villain did.
But I am almost never calling such a massive bet on the river with a pair.

A possible play may have been to raise his turn, and finsd out where I really stand.

To just call the turn left me with few options on the river.

globetrotter
08-02-2007, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is, if we call a turn bet of that size, what do we do if he fires a PSB on the river that blanks similarly? What about a 3/4 pot bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. I guess i would make my decision then based on how likely I thought he was to either have a weaker A or be making a play at me expecting me to c-bet. This would come down to how i had been playing, how he had been playing, and past hands we'd played together. In general I'm fine w/ folding the turn but in some cases I like the raise.