PDA

View Full Version : How to play this draw?

castigar
08-02-2007, 02:51 AM
I'd like to know what to do when I CB a draw and I get raised.. Is it a fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $27.60
BB: $25.90
UTG: $27.10
Hero (BTN): $25.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($14.55) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($14.55) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $13.25</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $13.25 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $14.55 ($0.70 Rake)

DaycareInferno
08-02-2007, 02:53 AM
i check behind the flop. bvb + paired board =you're going to get played back at a lot. if i flop an 8/9 outer or tpwk, i usually check behind on the flop in that scenario.

BevillTheDevil
08-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Yea id just fold flop. Your not gettin odds to hit your flush, the boards paird, and we arent drawin to the nutz. As played on flop tho turn/river look standard.

JackAll
08-02-2007, 03:50 AM
lol @ checking flop advice

Anyway, I can't fold the flop in position. I play exactly how you did. Nh.

If the board was not paird AND we were out of position with a flush draw and overcard, I would 3-bet. But in position seems no need, especially with a paired board

shoxbb6
08-02-2007, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i check behind the flop. bvb + paired board =you're going to get played back at a lot. if i flop an 8/9 outer or tpwk, i usually check behind on the flop in that scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]
I cbet this nearly all the time...
Also, A call is fine here in position. Sometime I might bet the turn though

justhetip
08-02-2007, 04:00 AM
I'm not sure why the board being paired has anything to do with it.
I would sometimes shove here, but I'm not folding on flop. You have good outs and he is never playing a Q like that 4 handed.

PinkMartini
08-02-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would sometimes shove here, but I'm not folding on flop. You have good outs and he is never playing a Q like that 4 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean he's not playing a Q like that here? How is QK, QJ, QT not in his range? Isn't it standard to c/r when you catch trips on the flop at these levels?

RedBaron__
08-02-2007, 04:10 AM
To me the way the hand was played seems rather standard.

justhetip
08-02-2007, 04:12 AM
Not in my experience at least. People I come across tend to craise with weaker hands like mid pocket pairs, or draws, and play trips slower.

Good point though Pink Martini.. guess it just depends what level this guy is on.

Just a question though... if he had KQ, QJ, QT, is he really checking the turn?

PinkMartini
08-02-2007, 04:16 AM
No, in most cases he would not check the turn with the Q, but I believe we were just considering his flop play.

Other hands in his range could include Axss, A6, a 66 - JJ, but at that point I believe the most likely hand would be Qx.

justhetip
08-02-2007, 04:25 AM
Let's consider the turn play then. Should we bet? He is certainly calling because he likes his hand, do we think we are ahead here?
Do we have any right to steal the initiative back when he has shown weakness after strength?

cooker3
08-02-2007, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because your not drawing to nuts or even 2nd nuts, because if he has trips you tend draw to fewer outs for a made hand because your opponant can make a house. It's fairly important imo
I think I fold on the flop, I definately fold the turn

justhetip
08-02-2007, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because your not drawing to nuts or even 2nd nuts, because if he has trips you tend draw to fewer outs for a made hand because your opponant can make a house. It's fairly important imo
I think I fold on the flop, I definately fold the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely fold when checked to. And I don't need to draw to nuts in a four handed game. I don't always assume CR = strength as well, especially the way the hand is played.

PinkMartini
08-02-2007, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's consider the turn play then. Should we bet? He is certainly calling because he likes his hand, do we think we are ahead here?
Do we have any right to steal the initiative back when he has shown weakness after strength?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he likes his hand, is definitely calling (possibly c/r again), then why are we betting the turn? Don't we want a free card with this hand?

creamfillin
08-02-2007, 04:44 AM
I'm a maniac and bet this turn.

Seriously this is standard.

justhetip
08-02-2007, 04:46 AM
What if he wants a free card with this hand?

Maybe I shouldn't have said definitely calling, but I doubt if he is c/r again. Seems very fishy to do that, but I've seen that.

I don't know mate, just putting it out there. I guess stack sizes make it difficult to make him fold on the river... just making the point that he's playing it like he wants a free card, and we have the 2nd best draw.

DaycareInferno
08-02-2007, 09:33 AM
i don't have any problem with betting the flop here, but i don't see why checking behind seems so strange to people.

1) you're most likely behind

2) you're opponent is much less likely to fold than normal

3) you have outs to a good hand

you're on the button, and most villain's know your range is wide here. with the board being paired, most pp aren't going anywhere, and a lot of times you're going to get check-raised by air, and it won't always be this small of a raise. betting is fine, but so is checking. i prefer the check, since i usually cbet, and i would prefer for people not to be able to absolutely count on it. if i can punish people every once in a while for giving me a free card, i think that's a decent way to go.