PDA

View Full Version : First Stab at 50NL - 2 Hands

calmB4storm
08-02-2007, 01:11 AM
I survived my first shot at 50NL! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I dropped about 3 buy-ins in 800 hands, but I think overall I played fairly well.
These two hands gave me some trouble though...

<font color="blue">Hand 1:</font>
<font color="green">The button posted UTG earlier, so I assumed he was a big donk. He seemed fairly loose. Is my combo draw strong enough to be shoving here?</font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $12.55
BB: $123.60
UTG: $50.00
MP: $10.80
Hero (CO): $59.95
BTN: $41.05

UTG posts $0.50
Preflop: Hero is dealt 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG checks, MP calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00, 4 folds

Flop: ($7.75) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $10.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $56.95???</font>

<font color="blue">Hand 2:</font>
<font color="green">UTG was somewhat passive, so this line from him seemed kinda strong from the get-go. The CO was a loose-passive donk, if that matters at all. I was kinda lost throughout this whole hand, and what do you do when you're lost??? Play Fancy!!! No, but seriously, should I re-raise preflop to get more than just set value out of 10-10? And what to do on this flop?</font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $54.90
Hero (BB): $51.75
UTG: $60.20
CO: $17.50
BTN: $0.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, CO calls $1.75, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $4.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00???</font>

<font color="green">Obviously I'm folding to shove here, but what should my plan be for the turn if I'm called?</font>

Check_The_Nuts
08-02-2007, 01:15 AM
hand 2 is bad against said loose/passive villian. Dunno his exact numbers or how often he cbets but a check/call or lead both seem better than check/raise.

hand 1 - no call flop. Too aggro.

edit: and to be honest I usually fold flop just cuz its so hard to get paid off OOP with this hand. Pretty sure check flop is better than bet fwiw.

Check_The_Nuts
08-02-2007, 01:17 AM
ok I misread preflop in hand 1, my bad.

Bet flop in hand one is fine. I'd sometimes peel another or just fold after his minraise. Wouldn't usually push versus a fish there.

Xanta
08-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Wow, the first hand is really gross. You have middle pair weak kicker and a gutshot, and that ain't a combo draw. If th board were 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif then you line is great, but your hand doesn't have nearly enough equity against his calling range to justify your play.

Don't mind hand 2 against the second guy as long as he isn't too too passive or tight with his preflop raises. If that were the case, I would just c/c the flop. My plan for the turn is to get it in on a safe (non ace, king, or 7 turn) Also, checkraising a bit bigger would make stack sizes not quite so awkward on the turn. Maybe $15-16 next time, leaves a $36-38 pot and gives you a little less than that in your stack.

Glad to see you've still got a good attitude after the shot, keep it up and you'll move up soon.

calmB4storm
08-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Ok, thanks for the advice. Do you prefer folding or calling the minraise in Hand 1? If we call, we're check/folding the turn unimproved?

blah-blah-blah
08-02-2007, 02:04 AM
IMO shoving hand 1 is spew. i call the min/raise and c/f unimproved. hand 2 i mix it up between three betting and calling pre so thats fine. i have trouble in these spots w/ overpairs as well and i usually c/c but i really don't like it.

Xanta
08-02-2007, 02:49 AM
I fold the flop on hand 1. Our pair is good there almost never and we have 6 reliable outs, just pitch it.

Rounder101
08-02-2007, 03:32 AM
hand 1, let it go.
On hand 2, 1st of all, I 3bet PF those tens. U gotta get a better idea of where ur standing.
As played yes I raise trying to end it there. If called, well probably take a check/call line, and c/f if a club hits.

mitsu1775
08-02-2007, 03:34 AM
hand 2: raise PF. lead flop, if he's as passive as you say, i can see folding if he raises flop. if he calls, re evaluate on the turn.

justhetip
08-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Hand 1 call flop. Punish the min raiser if/when you hit your hand.

Hand 2: check call is a better line from pot control. Good flop for your hand.