PDA

View Full Version : AA raised on the turn.

tehDiceman
08-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $9.95
BB: $6.00
UTG: $7.61
MP: $7.37
CO: $6.00
BTN: $10.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.05, MP folds, CO checks, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.70) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, CO calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.90) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $4.90 ($0.15 Rake)

IcarusJam
08-02-2007, 01:01 AM
what? why do you fold? i re raise

tehDiceman
08-02-2007, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

normally i do to. -$50 today so im paying more attention to theorems that say im behind when i get raised on the turn.

RichAM
08-02-2007, 01:27 AM
a min-raise is not a raise ... its just like a call to me here ... you can c/c the turn if unimproved, but i'd throw out a reraise more times then none

creamfillin
08-02-2007, 01:37 AM
I call. You only bet half pot so maybe his range is wider than just 6's. Let's see if he lets us showdown cheap.

Let's also not forget villain posted behind and might be getting cranky.

JackAll
08-02-2007, 04:20 AM
I would call because a lot of donks call flop with missed overcards like AK/KQ/KJ.

Also you bet very weakly, and he might raise to try make you fold thinking you have a weak hand. So make it no less than 2/3psb next time please.

But yea, often time turn raise is a fold. This one is not the same

justhetip
08-02-2007, 04:40 AM
I don't think he bet that weak, and there are some reasons to suggest that villain may have a hand here. He has stuck around for two streets, raised on a street that shows strength and threatening to play for his stack.

I don't know, I play bad against short stacks sometimes but I don't mind the fold depending on flow of the game. I'm of the view that you will get his money eventually, but it is better if you are in control of the hand.

PinkMartini
08-02-2007, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

normally i do to. -$50 today so im paying more attention to theorems that say im behind when i get raised on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The theorem suggest re-evaluating your hand to a turn c/r when you have one pair. Here you have aces and 8s, and it's entirely possible he was floating you with Kx and thinks you're bluffing. His being shortstacked does make it a little more complicated, but I would at least call here.