PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - Weird Turn Spot w/ 9s8s

zooot
08-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $57.10
BB: $25.30
UTG: $24.00
MP: $43.60
CO: $31.65
Hero (BTN): $25.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.60) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $1.25</font>, CO calls $1.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, MP calls $4.75, CO calls $4.75

Turn: ($20.60) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $8.25</font>, CO calls $8.25, <font color="red">Hero ???

<font color="black">No read on MP, &lt;10 hands of stats. CO is 61/0/0.42/59. Turn bet leaves me in a tricky spot.

I can flat call the Turn and re-evaluate the River - obv benefit here is that I know exactly where I stand (if I don't improve I'm def not beating anything).

I can fold and nit it up.

I can shove, which IMO leaves me zero FE considering pot will be ~$45 and $10 to call.

Also feel free to flame Flop play if so inclined. Thx

riske
08-01-2007, 08:24 AM
You could squueze pf, but I don't mind calling here at all.

Flop is nice, it's insane that they both called.

Turn I probably call, as they aren't folding to a shove here.

River I give up unimproved, and felt any nine or spade.

Nick C
08-01-2007, 08:37 AM
You've done fine so far.

From the looks of it ("Hero" is in red on the turn), you raised the turn. That's questionable, I think, but you have so many potential outs with your flush draw, gutshot, and draws to two-pair and trips that I doubt it costs you much. In fact, given how loose CO is (it's possible he's not stepping on your outs much at all), it may even be a +EV raise in this 3-way pot.

However, I suspect simply calling might be even more +EV. Most of the cards that improve you will look scary, it's true, but my guess is that you'll still get paid something on the river.

relativity_x
08-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Well played until turn.

I simply call turn and fold to a blank on river.

We really want to see the straight hit because the other two villains may have a higher flush draw since they're both sticking around. I'd be tempted to just call down on a flush and maybe even fold to an all in.

Pokerdemic
08-01-2007, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You could squueze pf, but I don't mind calling here at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to hijack the thread or anything...but can you squeeze in NL25? i always assumed everyone would call anyway and I never tried it.

riske
08-01-2007, 09:50 AM
i think people fold a lot if you make it pot-sized. obviously not a good play versus calling stations. really dependant on flow and opponents, some fold almost always. the other day i found a guy who called every 3bet i made pf, and then always folded to my cbet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter Harris
08-01-2007, 09:55 AM
i was gonna say "uck horrible flop raise" but i just spotted the gutshot too. OK.

def CC PF, flop goot, turn i would prob just call still. You're being donked into after raising the flop, you are looking to catch the river, your FE aint so hot. Just call.