PDA

View Full Version : The Judas dilemma

ChoicestHops
02-26-2006, 12:07 AM
How did Judas die?

There are two different stories.

1) Hung himself
Matthew 27:5 describes that Judas threw the silver into the sactuary, left, and then hung himself.

2) His insides came out
Acts 1:18 says as he "fell headlong" his insides and bowels gushed out.

Did Judas die at all?

1 Corinthians 15:3-5 says after Jesus rose from the dead he saw the twelve disciples. How did he see "the twelve" if Judas is dead? Mark 16:14 states that Jesus came to the eleven disciples.

The Field of Blood

There's a piece of land that was nicknamed "the field of blood." There are two explanations for this:

1) Matthew 27:6-8 says the chief priests couldn't store the pieces of silver because it was blood money. The priests go buy some land with it to "bury strangers in" and ends with "Therefore that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day."

2)
Acts 1:18-19 says that after Judas' blood spilled that everyone in Jerusalem called the field the Field of Blood.

Judas' betrayal was prophesied in Zechariah?

11:12 And I said to them, "If it is good to your sight, give me my wages; but if not, nevermind!" So they weighed out thirty shekels of silver as my wages."

Im not for sure how this is a prophecy, but I'll let it slide. If you look at this passage it will have a little number on letter by it,as alot of passages in The Bible do. The number/letter at the sidebar of the page will direct you to Matthew 26:15 where they weighed out 30 pieces of silver for Judas.

yukoncpa
02-26-2006, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Hung himself
Matthew 27:5 describes that Judas threw the silver into the sactuary, left, and then hung himself.

2) His insides came out
Acts 1:18 says as he "fell headlong" his insides and bowels gushed out.

[/ QUOTE ]
This first dilemma is easily answered if you're an Anthony Hopkins fan. As Hannible threw a man out a window with a rope around his neck, he sliced his guts open at the same time. So as the man was swinging on the rope, his intestines came out.