PDA

View Full Version : Turks and Caicos WPT to Aruba

wsopeuro
07-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Hello, Im trying to figure out the best way to travel from Turks and caicos WPT on sept 30th to aruba for the UB 5k. I cant figure out airlines that fly to and from, if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated thank you

shaniac
07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
I used Expedia and booked with American Airlines. Goes from Turks to Miami and then Miami to Aruba after a layover.

NeBlis
07-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Call a travel agent this is what they are good for. WINair flys all over the area, as well as a few others I should be pretty easy to book a ticket once you get to Turks. I know that American Eagle flys from San Juan to Aruba if that helps.

Shaniacs way is teh suxx ... Miami is a crap airport and you will have to do US customs twice. not to mention you are going around your ass to get to your elbow ... sry shane

shaniac
07-31-2007, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call a travel agent this is what they are good for. WINair flys all over the area, as well as a few others I should be pretty easy to book a ticket once you get to Turks. I know that American Eagle flys from San Juan to Aruba if that helps.

Shaniacs way is teh suxx ... Miami is a crap airport and you will have to do US customs twice. not to mention you are going around your ass to get to your elbow ... sry shane

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm maybe I f*d up pretty bad, I did consider seeking out a travel agent, but then just did the lazy expedia thing. Is there definitely a more direct way to get from Turks to Aruba?

NeBlis
07-31-2007, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there definitely a more direct way to get from Turks to Aruba?

[/ QUOTE ]

without a doubt.

But since I am not playing in both tourneys and not a ballin out control unlimited holdem playa like your self I don't know exactly what it is.

good luck

jsmith5
07-31-2007, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello, Im trying to figure out the best way to travel from Turks and caicos WPT on sept 30th...

[/ QUOTE ]

Go broke playing poker and get a job as a writer +EV

DarthMaul74
07-31-2007, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there definitely a more direct way to get from Turks to Aruba?

[/ QUOTE ]

There has got to be a caribbean based airline that does that route.

FatalError
07-31-2007, 11:23 AM
www.netjets.com (http://www.netjets.com)

iron81
07-31-2007, 12:00 PM
You guys are underestimating how small these islands are. A wiki search reveals that the Turks & Caicos only have 30,000 people. There aren't going to be any non-stop flights unless you charter something. (Which might not be a bad idea if there are major tournaments and you can find a bunch of guys). The only airport besides Miami I saw that offer flights to both islands is JFK.

Matt Savage
07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are underestimating how small these islands are. A wiki search reveals that the Turks & Caicos only have 30,000 people. There aren't going to be any non-stop flights unless you charter something. (Which might not be a bad idea if there are major tournaments and you can find a bunch of guys). The only airport besides Miami I saw that offer flights to both islands is JFK.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are working on a charter for a direct flight from Turks to Aruba. The travel agent working on this is Pauline Feder and she can be reached at 954-556-7335. She is also handling direct flights to Aruba....... Tell her I sent you

Matt Savage

juttelstud
07-31-2007, 04:18 PM
If there is enough interest to charter a flight from Turks & Caicos to Aruba, definitely count me in.

juttelstud
07-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Bump, anybody figure anything out? Def calling the # Matt listed tommorrow.

FieryJustice
08-29-2007, 07:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone came up with any good info about this. Also, should I be buying in early for these events, and if so, does anyone have links for that kind of stuff? thanks a lot.

Batera
09-23-2007, 10:15 PM
anyone get any more info on this...second anyone want to share a room at Turks?

kalensc
09-24-2007, 12:30 AM
I happened to stumble upon this last week: UB is offering a private jet to those who want to go Turks -> Aruba on the 30th.

[ QUOTE ]

NONSTOP POKER ON UB’S PRIVATE JET
Playing in the WPT Turks & Caicos Poker Classic? Hop aboard our private jet and extend your winning streak in Aruba.

Aruba is closer than you think. On September 30th hop aboard our nonstop private jet from the Turks to Aruba and play in the 2007 Aruba Poker Classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.ultimatebet.com/poker-promotion/aruba-classic