PDA

View Full Version : Party Points Deposit Bonus

mwgr5
02-25-2006, 07:39 PM
I am trying to take advantage of the Party Points depostit bonus to maximize my Party Points for this new store. If you deposit 1K would you recieve 2K Party points? I know that if you deposit $500 you recieve 1K Party points, but I was wondering if the bonus was "stackable" so I could earn more points by depositing more money. Thanks.

george w
02-25-2006, 08:02 PM
rtfm

mwgr5
02-25-2006, 08:18 PM
i guess I am not up on my internet lingo, what is rtfm?

Grey
02-25-2006, 08:19 PM
www.google.com (http://www.google.com) <- cool new site.

mwgr5
02-25-2006, 08:33 PM
thanks...

Barrin6
02-25-2006, 08:35 PM
lol I was suprised that rtfm was on google. But anyways, I wouldn't abuse the deposit bonus thing or else they will freeze your account.

paperboyNC
02-25-2006, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to take advantage of the Party Points depostit bonus to maximize my Party Points for this new store. If you deposit 1K would you recieve 2K Party points? I know that if you deposit $500 you recieve 1K Party points, but I was wondering if the bonus was "stackable" so I could earn more points by depositing more money. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you could. Deposit $500 at a time though.

emon87
02-25-2006, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol I was suprised that rtfm was on google. But anyways, I wouldn't abuse the deposit bonus thing or else they will freeze your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

nooooo they wont

Rainbow Warrior
02-26-2006, 03:16 AM
YES
deposit
withdraw
deposit
withdraw
etc.

You NEVER have to learn how to play the damn game.
Brilliant
Party should keep all your $$$

RikaKazak
02-26-2006, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't freeze your account, what they do is no longer award points for you depositing. Basically, if you abuse it, you lose it, type thing. I know this because a buddy of mine abused it, and lost it. His money was safe, and he got to keep all the old points he accumulated, and he still accumulates points from playing etc. just not depositing.

sui generis
02-28-2006, 02:23 AM
so what happens if you only partially abuse it? Like making 500 deposits every couple of days for a few weeks (I think I've got about 5k in neteller that I could transfer into party) and then, after a good little while, you just make one large withdraw of the money you deposited? It doesn't seem like party would see that as abusing it, but I could be wrong.

Any ideas? I could probably hit up gold status if I used this technique during march, but I'm wondering what you guys think party will view it as.

-eric

Reef
02-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Abusing this will come back to bite you in the @ss. Just be sure to generate a substantial amount of MGR if you are making a substantial amount of deposits

sui generis
02-28-2006, 03:40 AM
Substantial MGR = ?

I average about ~3k MGR per month, but I know this is nothing compared to many players. I don't want to abuse the system, but it seems like players, like me, that average 10k-12k partypoints per month get the shaft since we're just below gold, but way over silver and play just enough to retain the gold level in the long run...

Just my thoughts.

-eric

CalvinTy
02-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I have been reading those "deposit points" method that people keep asking, keep asking, keep asking in the last few weeks without saying anything...

... but I thought about this a bit. Party clearly announces in their Players Club (https://secure.partyaccount.com/pc/pc_details_earnpoints.htm) "How to Earn PartyPoints" page about how to earn deposit points with the clear stipulation that the deposit in question is not withdrawn in the next 7 days, etc. So, why should they even contact players (they already have to a few players) and say "we have noticed you have made multiple deposits and withdrawals, why?"

Duh them, they encouraged it THEMSELVES! They should have realized that players can't simply make unlimited number of deposits without making eventual withdrawals. On top of that, while we all know that we are supposed to play a bit during each deposit before withdrawing THAT specific money out of courtesy (due to Party paying fees for deposits/withdrawals), but is it stipulated anywhere? Seems like we only hear about this through Party Support responses "after the fact that the player did such a thing..."

I did consider the security aspect in where Party do notice an UNUSUAL pattern in a person's account (suddenly doing the deposit points method or having sudden large bankroll changes and/or making "exactly" $500 deposits several times a day). For that, I'm sure we do appreciate "the concern". It is just when a player makes a combined $3,000 deposit in one day by doing six $500 deposits, Party shouldn't be feeling, "oh come on, that player could have made *JUST* one $3,000 deposit...".

As the well-known MicroBob has said in many occasions, he doesnt make same deposit amounts or same withdrawal amounts so he has not been flagged for this 'abuse' at all. (Plus, I don't think he actually doesn't do the $500 several deposit methods in same day anyway... but ummmm, I believe it was MyTurnToRaise who said he had done this for a long time until Party actually "scolded him" recently or such.)

I mean, in short, is all this an abuse of any kind when Party is the one who is offering the deal? Discussion? Thoughts?

* CalvinTy

jrz1972
02-28-2006, 10:44 AM
1. Yes, Party has created an incentive for people to churn their accounts.

2. That doesn't mean that Party deliberately planned it that way. Never underestimate the idiocy and lack of forethought Party puts into its promotions. Just because it's obvious to you and me that giving away 1000 points for each $500 deposit is going to induce a lot of churning, that's not necessarily obvious to the cretins in the Promotions department.

3. You're wrong when you say that people have to eventually make withdrawls if they're depositing all the time. Most players are losing players, and they just lose deposit after deposit. Party probably has the fish in mind on this particular point, not us.

CalvinTy
02-28-2006, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2. That doesn't mean that Party deliberately planned it that way. Never underestimate the idiocy and lack of forethought Party puts into its promotions. Just because it's obvious to you and me that giving away 1000 points for each $500 deposit is going to induce a lot of churning, that's not necessarily obvious to the cretins in the Promotions department.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said, jrz. All valid points, yeah. I just chuckle at how some posters say "don't do this or Party will freeze your account". They are trying to help, sure, but by the simple act of doing the actual deposits (and later withdrawals) should not put a player in hot water.

Since Party already gave a stipulation of a deposit needing to remain in account for at least 7 days, I guess I'm surprised (but why should I not be?? lol) that Party couldn't just add 1 more stipulation like this: "Only your first deposit in a specific day would count towards the deposit bonus points." This would at least curb the 5 extra Neteller/Firepay/IGMPay deposit transactions in that day if someone always intended to put $3K in his/her Party account that day. With that stipulation, someone would say, "oh well, I guess I'll put all $3K in 1 transaction then".

Never mind, this still wouldn't work... People would simply wait next day to make 2nd $500 deposit... 3rd day for 3rd deposit, and so on... (slower method to gain deposit bonus points, though)...

Oh well, whatever, I guess it's always gonna be a "tug-of-war" between customers (players) and the providers (Party and other poker sites) anyway. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

* CalvinTy

Fishy McDonk
02-28-2006, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
rtfm

[/ QUOTE ]

So there is a f'n Party manual somewhere?

I have a couple questions:

Does Party support Neteller instacash?

Do you still get the points if you sign up thru affiliate?