PDA

View Full Version : Ease of clearing Full Tilt signup bonus

Duck Rabbit
02-25-2006, 07:05 PM
I have money at both Party and Stars, but I want to transfer the money from each of these and into Full Tilt. How hard is it to clear the initial signup bonus (100% up to 600)? I checked it out on Bonus Whores and it said that every dollar raked is a bonus point and to clear it, your points earned has to equal your bonus dollars (i.e. earn 600 points to clear a 600 dollar bonus). BW said that they award partial points, but I am going to be playing 25NL 6max mostly and I don't know how quickly I will be able to clear it. I'll be playing about 500 hands a day. Anyone have any thoughts?

britdevine
02-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Forever....If you depsoit $600 you need 10,000 points to get $600 bonus.

UATrewqaz
02-25-2006, 07:50 PM
It clears pretty quick at high limits but if you have the roll to play high limits you don't really care about the $600 anyway.

As the other poster said, at the low limits (.5/1, 1/2) it clears painfully slow.

Check out bonuswhores for the clearance rates

purp
02-25-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure how long it will take you but i've just signed up for this myself.
A couple of things worth noting:

You need to sign up before the 28th of Feb to get the $600 bonus.
You can also get RB at Fulltilt, but obviously the $600 bonus comes off the MGR.
And you get 120 days to clear the bonus (not that you'd want to take this long)
You can only 4 table as standard but can ask for more tables by email.
So far the games seem pretty soft to me.

Good luck
Purp

Duck Rabbit
02-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I was under the impression that FT games were much tougher than those at Party and Stars. The main reason I am thinking about switching to full tilt is because they allow data mining observed hands. Maybe I will just deposit like 250 or so to get the bonus, so that I don't have to play insane amounts of hands and worry about clearing. I looked through the information on BW, but couldn't really figure out how long it would take me to clear it. BW said that they award partial points (i.e. if you were in a hand that was raked .50, you would get half a point). For the low limits, do they still give you partial points if the pot is .20 or something??? Thanks for the help.

NoMoreLurking
02-25-2006, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
every dollar raked is a bonus point

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct

[ QUOTE ]
to clear it, your points earned has to equal your bonus dollars

[/ QUOTE ]

this is INCORRECT.

each point is worth .06 of bonus. as another poster stated 10K pts. for $600.
But you do get it in $20 intervals so you don't have to clear ALL $600.

NoMoreLurking
02-25-2006, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that FT games were much tougher than those at Party and Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about table selection. FT has less tables therefore less chance of finding a juicy one when you want to play.

[ QUOTE ]
The main reason I am thinking about switching to full tilt is because they allow data mining observed hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in my experience. If someone knows different, I would like to hear how.

[ QUOTE ]
award partial points (i.e. if you were in a hand that was raked .50, you would get half a point).

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct

Cry Me A River
02-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm a bit under half way to clearing the full $600 bonus ($240 cleared to be exact). I 4-table $100NL 6-max and it's taken me about 6,000 minutes of table time (according to Poker Tracker... This is about 24 hours of real time assuming constant 4 tabling, which can't be the case given the need to occaisionally switch tables but that'll give you a ballpark).

The bonus has amounted to the equivalent 52% rakeback.

By contrast the most recent Empire reload for $200 took me about half the time to clear and amounted to a 200% rakeback at $50NL 6-max (with a little bit of $25NL 6-max depending on table conditions).

The table selection at Full Tilt is WAY better than the ex-Party skins or Absolute, significantly better than UB and not nearly as good as Party or Stars. But it's really pretty decent, at least at NL (limit I have no idea).

I'd say it's an okay bonus, but not spectacular. I decided to do it because I actually ran out of Stars bonuses that I'd stockpiled and I'm staying away from Party for a couple weeks until things settle down with the new software &etc. I still have a bunch of bonus stockpiled at UB, but it's really not much better than FTP (if at all) and I felt like trying something new.

Duck Rabbit
02-25-2006, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The main reason I am thinking about switching to full tilt is because they allow data mining observed hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not in my experience. If someone knows different, I would like to hear how.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can datamine without actually being seated at the table. I just started today since I am thinking about playing there. You can have up to 16 tables open at a time. You have to make sure you tell FT to save the HHF's to your computer.

Ok, so it sounds like this is gonna be extremely tough to clear by playing the .10/.25 NL games. BW says that the clear rate for .10/.25 NL 6max is $.47 and hour. So if I play 2 tables at a time, it will be approx $1 hour. Does this mean I would have to play 300 hours to clear a $300 bonus?? Also, FT gives you 120 days, correct??

WhoIam
02-26-2006, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You can only 4 table as standard but can ask for more tables by email.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are there any requirements, eg a certain number of hands, for this? I'm planning on signing up and would like to play 8-10 tables of $25 or $50NL.

HSB
02-26-2006, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have money at both Party and Stars, but I want to transfer the money from each of these and into Full Tilt. How hard is it to clear the initial signup bonus (100% up to 600)? I checked it out on Bonus Whores and it said that every dollar raked is a bonus point and to clear it, your points earned has to equal your bonus dollars (i.e. earn 600 points to clear a 600 dollar bonus). BW said that they award partial points, but I am going to be playing 25NL 6max mostly and I don't know how quickly I will be able to clear it. I'll be playing about 500 hands a day. Anyone have any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cleared it playing mostly 25 and 50NL.

I suggest you wait until you can play 50NL.

At 500 hands a day I don't think you'll clear it all before it expires. It gets released in increments so it wouldn't be a tragedy if you didn't clear it all but then again, there's no real reason to do it now is there?

Duck Rabbit
02-26-2006, 04:24 PM
What are the increments in which it is released?? Every 20 bucks, 50 bucks....???

HSB
02-26-2006, 05:03 PM
If you do the full $600 it is every $20. If you do less I believe it is less.

nuts
02-26-2006, 05:31 PM
It gets released in $5 increments.

mbishop
02-26-2006, 05:58 PM
You can read the details here (http://fulltiltpoker.com/depositBonusDetails.php), which include:

[ QUOTE ]
it will be held and released to your cash account in increments of 10% of your initial deposit, or $20, whichever you earn first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leavenfish
02-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Anyone with any idea how this would clear at Stud High...maybe $1/2?

---Leavenfish

cameronw01
02-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Duck, I'm clearing this at the moment at $25NL full ring.

So far I've played 3,112 hands for $45.47 of the bonus and paid $60.75 in rake, so 75% RB isn't bad.

ravensfan
02-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Duck: I seem to remember that it's pretty good for the SNGs though... 7 points for every dollar = 42% rakeback...

purp
02-27-2006, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Duck: I seem to remember that it's pretty good for the SNGs though... 7 points for every dollar = 42% rakeback...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the way i'm going , but for speed i wanted to play turbos and so far they have taken some time to fill up.

Duck Rabbit
02-27-2006, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Cameron's post, wouldn't it be better to play 25NL ring games? He said it is 75% rakeback compared to 42% for the sng's. But maybe the SNG's clear faster than ring games.

krazyace5
02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
You can get rakeback plus the bonus.

purp
02-27-2006, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep

Duck Rabbit
02-27-2006, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I understand. I thought other posters were equating rakeback to the bonus amount. How do you get rakeback at Full Tilt?? These are two seperate things?? If someone could explain this all to me, thatd be great. Thanks guys.

mbishop
02-27-2006, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought other posters were equating rakeback to the bonus amount.

[/ QUOTE ]
They were. But you can get both.

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get rakeback at Full Tilt?? These are two seperate things??

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. You sign up with an affiliate that offers it. Look in the "Affiliates/Rakeback" forum for details.

purp
02-27-2006, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I understand. I thought other posters were equating rakeback to the bonus amount. How do you get rakeback at Full Tilt?? These are two seperate things?? If someone could explain this all to me, thatd be great. Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok,
Sign up through a RB affiliate and they will pay you back a % of the rake you generate (I get 27% at fulltilt).
The rake you generate each month is called your MGR (monthly get.

So if you generated $2000 in rake in 1 month and cleared a $200 bonus, the rakeback affiliate would pay you 27% of £1800 for that month.