PDA

View Full Version : Full Ring--> 6max. Some preflop adjustment hypotheticals

Pokerdemic
07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Hi All,

I learned how to play in tournaments, and in the past six weeks I've switched to 6max cash games. I've read almost all of the unl stickys, including Tien's post on fundamentals, and I've been trying to follow his advice on never open-limping (does this still hold at uNL??) I'm currently running at 20/10/2 on PT, and I was thinking this might be a marginally low pre-flop raise percentage.

So I've been taking some notes on my preflop play, and listed a few situations below, most of which are what I would consider borderline bet/raise/3bet situations, to find out what some of you do in them.

Obviously, some of these are going to vary based on table image and meta-game history. For example, the range in which one will defend his blinds will vary based on the aggressiveness of the button. But, hypothetically speaking, let's say we are relatively new to the table.

Any input on any of them would help.

EP
1. Hero has QJo UTG. Hero?

2. Hero has ATo UTG. Hero?

3. Hero is UTG+1 with ATo, an 18/12 opens UTG for 4xbb. Hero?

Cutoff and Button

4. UTG limps and it is folded to hero with J9o on button. Hero?

5. Folded to hero in cutoff with A6s. Hero?

6. Folded to hero in cutoff. Hero has 67s. Hero?

7. Hero is on button with KTs. UTG min raises. Hero?

Blinds

8. Hero is in SB with 89s. A 32/22 button opens for 4xbb. Hero?

9. Hero is in SB with AQo. A 22/12 button opens for 4xbb. Hero?

10. Hero is in bb with QJo. Cutoff, button, and SB all limp. Hero?

hennnerz
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Might want the full ring forum...

corsakh
07-29-2007, 12:34 PM
1) Instafolds.
2) Raise or fold depending on table dynamics.
3) Instafolds.

4) Usually raises, rarely folds depending on table dynamics.
5) Usually folds, rarely raises depending on table dynamics.
6) Instaraises.
7) Calls if 100BB or over. Rarely 3bets.

8) and 9) 3bets
10) Checks. Checks AQ too.

The important think to understand is that these are not set in stone. If I had been running 35/25 and there are three calling stations behind me I may fold AJ UTG. But in some cases I may raise 67s.

Pokerdemic
07-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Why? I am asking about 6max starting requirements?

jk1986
07-29-2007, 12:52 PM
OK with you starting out, I think you're best to start off fairly tight, so fold all except 5 & 6, which you can raise or fold... and 9 which is a 3bet.

sightless
07-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Is theer a threat anywhere on 2p2 about how to adjust from 6max to full ring. I learned to play Nl 6 max and would like to know which adjustments should i make when i play live 9-10 handed ):

Antinome
07-29-2007, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is theer a threat anywhere on 2p2 about how to adjust from 6max to full ring. I learned to play Nl 6 max and would like to know which adjustments should i make when i play live 9-10 handed ):

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine 3 calling stations, 2 maniacs, An old Korean lady who only plays AA and KK, A guy who slowplays JJ+ every time he gets them and berates everyone's play, and one 20-something with wearing some 'football' jersey thing that says 'Italia' engaging in selective but completely inappropriate aggression. Preflop raises will be 6-7BB, and stacks will vary from 50BB to 500BB. There will be 5 to every flop. Play cards that make big hands, not TP hands - implied odds are there. 3bet only your big hands preflop. Balancing your play is unnecessary.

It really isn't like full ring online. FR online is like... Take the worst 8 nits you've ever run into playing 6max, standing around in a ring jerking off on one poor little scared LAGdonk.

Pokerdemic
07-29-2007, 05:24 PM
[/ QUOTE ]

It really isn't like full ring online. FR online is like... Take the worst 8 nits you've ever run into playing 6max, standing around in a ring jerking off on one poor little scared LAGdonk.

[/ QUOTE ]

touche

ben wb
07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
1. I fold QJo, raise QJ suited though.
2. I fold ATo but it's closer, raisings not so bad.
3. Against a player like this I'm always folding ATo to a raise.
4. You can raise J9o here but foldings fine, I don't like limping. I would generally open raise it. Really depends on style.
5. A6s in cutoff, standard raise for me, I also raise after limpers.
6. Raising 67s too.
7. Depends on UTG, stacks etc. really have no default play here.
8. Fold or reraise.
9. Reraise.
10. Check.