PDA

View Full Version : Tough Spot .15/.30

LastLife
07-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Villain is 27/23/3.6 over about 300 hands

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.30 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($81.05)
MP ($21.85)
Hero ($85.75)
Button ($30.50)
SB ($118.95)
BB ($73.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.05</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.55.

Flop: ($7.65) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($7.65) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $19.5</font>, Hero ?

apple11
07-28-2007, 11:21 PM
I would have bet the flop as u need to charge draws if he has one. But as played I think this is a fold on the turn just to many hands that beat u and i think he just calls with AJ here

LastLife
07-28-2007, 11:26 PM
With his aggression, you think dont he could be doing this with a wide range?

apple11
07-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Usually LAG's don't mess around to much in a 3 bet pot. But honestly, what do you see him doing this with that you beat? His line looks like a set to me to be honest but since you didn't bet flop it's much more difficult. Why do you not bet the flop just out of curiosity?

LastLife
07-28-2007, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually LAG's don't mess around to much in a 3 bet pot. But honestly, what do you see him doing this with that you beat? His line looks like a set to me to be honest but since you didn't bet flop it's much more difficult. Why do you not bet the flop just out of curiosity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he raising and then calling a reraise from UTG. JJ, 99, 88 are all in his range. If I bet the flop and he calls, I have no idea where I am, but if I check and then see what he will do on the turn(which was check again) I would have a better idea of where I was. The reason I say checking is better than betting is because if I am beat, if he has a set here, then I will lose much more money then if i check and see what he does on the turn. If he bets out on the turn I can just call and hope to showdown cheaply. Once he checks 2 time there is almost no doubt in my mind that I have the best of it here. With straight and flush draws possible, there is no way he checks a set twice.

Rounder101
07-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Dont check that flop!! Dont give free cards with this board, you gotta get an idea by betting.
Well if you bet and he calls, you can just slow down.
I dont think you are getting more info by checking and seeing what he does on the turn, what if an ace or king hits, what if a 7 hits, you will have now a MUCH tougher hand

shoxbb6
07-29-2007, 03:09 AM
Definitely call, your hand is extremely underrepped in this spot and an aggro villain can definitely do this as a semibluff/pure bluff given your flop check.

Worm75
07-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Bet the flop, it actually makes your turn decision much easier. BY his stats alone(which is not always the best indicator) the guy looks like he plays a fairly solid game.

Him cold calling your bet on this flop will let you narrow down his hand range a lot more than checking behind on an all under card flop.

Now you open yourself to the bluff c/r, or letting an underpair catch up on the turn.

He cold calls the flop, you can check behind the turn and call/value bet the river. Right now you have no clue where you are in the hand, and you are playing pretty damn deep here vs the UTG.