PDA

View Full Version : Need good Cbet theory

Restlys
07-28-2007, 09:41 PM
I do not understand Cbet, I get raised way too often and people tell me Cbet this and that hand.
But it does not make sense to me and I feel it would be safer for me just to consider it as a bluff, or use it as a semi-bluff rather than "cbet every flop in position" kinda dialogue that people give me.

So any of you know any good cbet thread on this forum, or could you write me some ABC of how to cbet and when plz.

Capone
07-28-2007, 09:43 PM
take a look at the stickys.

Bad Beat Maker
07-28-2007, 09:54 PM
How much are you putting in on your c-bets? Perhaps you are betting weak because you don't hit or some other reason.

Take a look at this:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7550075 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=microplnl&Number=7550075& Searchpage=1&Main=7550075&Words=-%26quot%3BRe%3A%26quot%3B&topic=&Search=true#Post7 550075)

GL /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Capone
07-28-2007, 09:59 PM
One thing to keep in mind that people often ignore is don't make pot-sized c-bet into a 3-bet pf pot.

Gelford
07-28-2007, 10:00 PM
You don't get it for sure ... think of it like this.

If you bet only when you hit you don't get paid of, so therefore you cbet all the time (almost, at least heads up and on not too wet boards) ... not to necesarry show a profit with cbetting, but to get paid off, when you have a hand (tho cbetting is likely to actually show a profit)

Bad Beat Maker
07-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Well put Gelford. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Restlys
07-28-2007, 10:31 PM
my hat to the knob for his post, thanks for the post bad beat maker

kaz2107
07-28-2007, 11:40 PM
heres mine. cbet between 3/4ths and full pot when i raise preflop and get 1 caller like 95% of the time. when i get 2 or more callers and miss the flop i only cbet maybe 15% of the time and mostly on weird uncordinated boards when im in position. example of a good board for cbet when 3 handed. i have AK and the flop comes J52 rainbow. 2 people check to me on the button and i fire 4/5ths the pot. ship it

obiedman
07-28-2007, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you bet only when you hit you don't get paid of, so therefore you cbet all the time (almost, at least heads up and on not too wet boards) ... not to necesarry show a profit with cbetting, but to get paid off, when you have a hand (tho cbetting is likely to actually show a profit)

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf you don't cbet all the time at all. cbet dry flops, cbet dry ace high flops etc etc. don't cbet habitual floaters unless you're willing to double barrel or defend against a float in some other way like c/r turn or whatever.

Kasane
07-29-2007, 12:10 AM
A good thing to note about cbetting is where are your opponents. If you've got 2 callers, and they're both in the blinds, cbetting is just about as effective as if you're HU against one person in position on you. One in position and one in the blinds is a good one too.

Gelford
07-29-2007, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf you don't cbet all the time at all. cbet dry flops, cbet dry ace high flops etc etc. don't cbet habitual floaters unless you're willing to double barrel or defend against a float in some other way like c/r turn or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO you rather defend against floaters by not betting ?

It takes all kinds I guess /images/graemlins/smile.gif

obiedman
07-29-2007, 01:20 AM
if you're not going to two barrel, you shouldn't be one barrelling habitual floaters because they'll take it away too easily.

if you're going to cbet and not two barrel against a habitual floater, you better be ready to c/r the turn or find some other way of defending against his float.

so many people bleed off chips because they know they should be cbetting, but they do nothing to counteract the fact that their opponents know this too.