utg raises to 2
folded to hero
hero raises to 6.5
utg rr to 15
what does hero do with:
JJ
QQ
AK

I'm having trouble in these spots and want some feedback.

One more hypothetical:

utg raises to 2
folded to hero in bb who calls with 44
flop: 4 8 Q
is this a good spot for a c/r against an unknown?
i know conventional 2p2 wisdom says lead out and create a big pot but NLHTP says c/r is good to get an extra bet out of an opponent who may have whiffed. I frequently lead into villain oop here with a whiffed pp so maybe leading out makes sense...thoughts?
Thanks,
Mario

Edukashun
07-28-2007, 08:01 PM
With the first situation I think is very player dependant.
Assuming you view them as tight I might fold TT-JJ. I used I play mostly FR up to a couple of weeks ago so that might make me a little on the nitty side, UTG 3bet's worry me unless they're from very aggressive opponents.
I'd call QQ and AK.

As for the second example I almost always lead out. On a dry board against someone with a high cbet freq I might chose to c/r sometimes, it just seems to scream a set which may lose value from some hands.

Just my $0.02

Mariogs379
07-28-2007, 08:02 PM
so do you just c/f QQ on a flop with an A or K?
and you're c/f any flop which doesn't include an A or K when you hold AK, yes?

Edukashun
07-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I think so yes. Not to say that is right but I think thats my standard play.

Kasane
07-28-2007, 08:28 PM
1: entirely player dependent (your style is nearly as important, how do villain's view you?)

That's an atypical 4bet size, I think. Not quite the $20 it would usually be for a psb.

2: This one is impossible to answer w/o knowing suits. DUCY?

Edukashun
07-28-2007, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's an atypical 4bet size, I think. Not quite the $20 it would usually be for a psb.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, thats what I meant though it still scares me coming from UTG.

Whats your plan for the 4 hands assuming the tables views you as a solid TAG having only shown down the goods and the villain being the same?

I guess if the table views you as spewy or villain is spewy it'd be better to 5betAI with all 4 or am I wrong here?

Mariogs379
07-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Kasane,
say it's a rainbow flop, what about a 2-suit flop?

Edukashun,
what's your default?

Edukashun
07-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Default as I posted first, example 1 I assume that the villain is competent until proved otherwise. Just not sure if it's correct with regards to QQ and AK.
Example 2 I lead out most the time on a dry flop, if wet I always do.

Kasane
07-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Rainbow, I'm more likely to c/r. Villain is less likely to go to the felt by putting you on a flush draw. Two-tone, well, it's the opposite.

More likely doesn't mean I'm not going to donk it out, however. I'm just more likely going to pick up no more than a cbet from villain unless he has something, so donking is less likely to get value (but more likely to stack.)

rainbow, no draws, I also don't need to "protect" my hand -- it's much more likely going to be good on the turn if villain choses not to cbet and he can pick up something if I whiff the c/r. Two tone, villain picking up something can really screw with my equity.

Vilain's aggro, pf raise position, number of players in the hand can all change whether I'm c/r or not.

fees
07-28-2007, 09:30 PM
1. Im gonna assume readless (if ur constantly readless against ur opponents u need to play less tables... if u play 1 table quit poker)
TT=fold
JJ=fold
QQ=call
AK=call
2. Really bad spot to c/r, just lead, its really dry, you wanna c/r when theres something u can have besides bluff/set

Kasane
07-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Fees, I don't argue with betting out there -- but it's much better to lead on a two-tone or otherwise "wet" flop (at least with the aggro image I tend to induce.) Villain is also a lot more likely to "protect" his hand by raising your donk. Bet/3bet those flop you would with a nut-flush draw.

c/r has some merits on a dry board. if you bet/3bet, you'll lose a lot of value from hands that will read you, correctly, as only having a set. so you can pick up the cbet, as that's all you're going to get from whiffed hands anyway. If you c/r, and they have something, they can call or push and you'll still get good value. On a dry board, they can read you for a bluff, so if they call your c/r... chk turn and let 'em think you're giving up. Even if they chk the turn for pot control you'll get some more value out of a river bet.

If you donk a dry flop, you'll see a lot of folds.

Mariogs379
07-28-2007, 11:06 PM
with QQ do you get stacked on an all unders flop?

ICMoney
07-29-2007, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
with QQ do you get stacked on an all unders flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I stack here.

Say villian has kk+ - you get stacked on flop or preflop.

corsakh
07-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Without history and the player being a maniac I fold anything to a 4bet.

danny8
07-29-2007, 07:53 AM
i fold all of them to that 4bet. readless i dont think its profitable to call/shove with any of them.

hand 2) readless i c/r here, a donk looks so much like TP type hands and you're not gonna get much action. if hes the cautious type hes still calling a c/r with AQ etc, but if he calls your donk hes prolly not calling your 2nd barrel. And if he does, then hes prolly the type of player to call your turn shove after c/r'ing.