PDA

View Full Version : 25nl Folding TPGK+FD to turn over bet

KRS ONE
07-28-2007, 01:03 AM
villain is 36/9/.9 over small sample with no history.

This felt like a kind of nitty but correct fold, I dont really think he shows up with less than AQ here enough for me to call to try hit my 12 outer given stack sizes, but would leading the turn be a better option? or perhaps a c/r flop lead turn line? Though I feel that would leave him slow playing AK & AQ a lot, not raising but not folding either... but then at least i'd be able to see a river i guess.

Thoughts?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $34.09
Hero (BB): $25.35
UTG: $26.93
MP: $21.38
CO: $20.68
BTN: $29.14

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.00</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.75, UTG folds

Flop: ($2.35) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $2.24</font>, Hero calls $2.24

Turn: ($6.83) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $9.25</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $16.08

lanolin
07-28-2007, 07:53 AM
When you flop your medium strength hands, you really shouldn't play them this passively OOP. Especially against such an aggressive player. Your check and call indicates weakness, so on the turn he overbets the pot to frustrate your passive play and to not let you see the hand down cheaply - which is really what you want.
You should really lead out on the flop to find out where you stand with this medium strenght hand. If he continues strongly, you can let it go without any info on the villain. But if you're playing AJ in a raised pot only to hit your J, you really shouldn't call.

samwallistea
07-28-2007, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When you flop your medium strength hands, you really shouldn't play them this passively OOP. Especially against such an aggressive player. Your check and call indicates weakness, so on the turn he overbets the pot to frustrate your passive play and to not let you see the hand down cheaply - which is really what you want.
You should really lead out on the flop to find out where you stand with this medium strenght hand. If he continues strongly, you can let it go without any info on the villain. But if you're playing AJ in a raised pot only to hit your J, you really shouldn't call.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree, personally with AJs in BB I will either folded or reraise preflop, usually the former, its a hard hand to play OOP, as this hand illustrates. As lanolin said, you should have led the flop and took it from there.

Rednas
07-28-2007, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain's AF = 0.9