PDA

View Full Version : 25 NL- Flopped set in a limped pot

JimboNYY24
07-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Should I be just calling? Also my river was was pure tilt..well i was gonna say ignore it but tell me how bad it is anyway. Flop raise too small. Ummm what else?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $17.25
Hero (BB): $27.65
UTG: $15.10
BTN: $24.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.50

Turn: ($6) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.75</font>, SB calls $3.75

River: ($17.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.50</font>, SB calls all-in for $7.50
Uncalled bet of $0.75 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $35.00 ($1.70 Rake)

lanolin
07-27-2007, 11:44 PM
It's tempting to try to get all your chips in the middle every time you hit your set. That's why you're playing these small pairs anyway. But you should be carefull whenever you conceivably don't have the nuts.

Oversets are not so likely, that he limped in with 99 or 88, but possible. However, a hand like 96, 86 or 76 is definitely an option (or 66 and 77) if your opponent shows consistent strength.

The raise on the turn built a bigger pot but gave you only very little information about the real strenght of your opponent's hand (on a dangerous board). If a blank had fallen this type of raise would be more correct.

Now on the river you have the opportunity to reach the conclusion of the hand cheaply, and you should probably take it. The board is dangerous for your trips, so also for whatever hand your opponent has. Would he call this raise on this board with a 98? Probably not. Mostly he'll call with hands that can beat you and fold those that can't anyway, so there's little chance to make a profit, and a big chance to blow away an extra $7.50.

Try to see if you can reach the conclusion of these big hands on dangerous boards more cheaply. Try to play your trips aggressively on boards that are safer.

ElDuque
07-27-2007, 11:47 PM
What is your read on SB???