PDA

View Full Version : I'm Old Post: Multitabling for Experts (FTP)

tubasteve
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
You have to be able to multitable in order to make any significant amount of money playing micro-stakes NL. There are a few different things you can do to improve your multitabling skills, the first of which (after the zero-th item POKERTRACKER) is a good PAHUD layout.

A lot of people just use the normal VPIP/PFR/AF/HANDS stats that come up by default, but those numbers are only rough ideas of hand ranges; the most useful information comes from other statistics, such as wtsd, fold to cbet %, and more.

I got my basic layout from MSNLer/all-around pimp goofyballer.

http://www.legopoker.com/img/uploads/php67UaBS1185556791.jpg

I have 9 additional stats in my HUD, all percentages, including fold to cbet, attempt to steal, cbet flop, cbet turn, aggression flop/turn/river, and fold flop/turn. These are some of the most key secondary stats in my opinion. If you need to know anything else you can click the player name to get pop-up stats. The stats are all coded so green = good, red = bad.

I also use a card and table mod for FTP. These can be found in the software forum, in this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8361698&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD)

You just have to download some image files and copy them into the appropriate folder of your FTP software. They explain how to do it in the thread. The bright 4-color deck contrasts with the black table--also my PAHUD stats are much easier to read than on a colorful background.

My final secret weapon is a program called Full Tilt Shortcuts. It is probably the most amazing program ever made for online poker players. It does just about everything including automatically close dialog boxes, autorebuy at a certain threshold, automatically take seats from waitlists, and most importantly, there is an AMAZING bet pot function.

When I play, this software cuts the number of clicks I make to probably 40% of my normal amount. The program auto-activates a table when the mouse is over it, so that saves one click. The software then can preset the bet amount without you clicking anything, saving you another click. Then you can either click bet, or hit "b" on the keyboard to bet/raise that amount. If I want to fold a hand, I just put the mouse over that table and hit "f", same for call with "c".

The scroll wheel on my mouse operates the slider. Tooltips pop up to give you details about bet and stack sizes, and you can program in overlays to display your M for tournament other stuff...basically you can write whatever you want on the table.

There are a ton of other features (auto sng-opener) so just check out the website:

http://www.dcity.org/poker/fts/

The program is like $30 or less, totally worth it.

Well, thats about it. I hope this post can help some people transform their FTP for the better.

AMT
07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
wow steve! you really helped my game!

(move in time- t minus 11 days?)

Genz
07-27-2007, 04:55 PM
You use agression frequency instead of agression factor? how do interpretations of these values differ? Can I read a tendency to donk from the agression frequency?

What font do you use for the stats? they look prettier than the default.

Can you send me the layout file (pm for email)? or upload it somewhere?

Mike Kelley
07-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I really try to read your posts, but all I can do is look at your avatar...

Who is she? :-D

foxmoor
07-27-2007, 05:11 PM
nice post

[ QUOTE ]
I really try to read your posts, but all I can do is look at your avatar...

Who is she? :-D

[/ QUOTE ]
alizee

hennnerz
07-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Looking at that screenprint...Rebuy preflop. Also you cant rely on any of those stats on the people you are playing with.

tubasteve
07-27-2007, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looking at that screenprint...Rebuy preflop. Also you cant rely on any of those stats on the people you are playing with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even seated at the table, also its just a demonstration of what the stats look like. I datamined that table for like 30 min before I wrote this post.

mandular
07-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I've searched the forums and the web but can't figure out how to get the PT stats to show up on the FTP HUD. Please point me in the right direction.

tubasteve
07-27-2007, 05:30 PM
www.pokeracesoftware.com (http://www.pokeracesoftware.com)

download the latest beta version, make sure you enable flicker-free drawing in the options.

MyironThumb
07-27-2007, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even seated at the table, also its just a demonstration of what the stats look like. I datamined that table for like 30 min before I wrote this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG owned.

nice post though steve. your Pahud layout is sweet. anychance i could get a hold of that? Also, do you not use C/R% or bet river %? I find those really helpful ( you may have them on that screenshot but Iam to lazy to click back now and check)

MIT

hennnerz
07-27-2007, 06:02 PM
ZOMG OWNED? Hardly. Easy mistake. Although my point about reliability is still very true.

Genz
07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
answer my questions plz. thx. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Genz
07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
and I know your screenname now!

shyturtle27
07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
NH, sir. Wish we had a PS version to go by cause I can't figure out a good layout for mine.

MyironThumb
07-27-2007, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ZOMG OWNED? Hardly. Easy mistake. Although my point about reliability is still very true.

[/ QUOTE ]

only kidding man /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

and yeh your right about the reliability. gotta love datamining ! I dont take most of the player stats into consideration until about 200-300 hands. I used to make the mistake of playing differently because of player stats over 40 hands or somthing. not good.

SirFelixCat
07-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I'll post my layout later as well, just for a different take on things.

shyturtle27
07-27-2007, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You use agression frequency instead of agression factor? how do interpretations of these values differ? Can I read a tendency to donk from the agression frequency?

[/ QUOTE ]

tubasteve
07-27-2007, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt make this layout myself so i don't really feel comfortable giving it out. i did alter it a lot but the original is goofyballers. you can just copy it.

regarding the AF, i like the frequency cuz its more concrete than a dumb ratio. the number 0.78 or 3.5 doesn't mean anything to me, a percentage does.

font is lucida console.

SirFelixCat
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Why not...

Thought I'd throw my layout out here as well, just to help out the other folks:

http://www.uploadyour.info/uploads/images/lyout12771.jpg

BishopsFinger
07-27-2007, 10:54 PM
and mine:
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.89e678d35e.jpg (http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?89e678d35e.jpg)

Genz
07-28-2007, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
regarding the AF, i like the frequency cuz its more concrete than a dumb ratio. the number 0.78 or 3.5 doesn't mean anything to me, a percentage does.

[/ QUOTE ]

So when villain bets 50% of the turns, does that mean he calls the other 50%? Are folds excluded from the stats or is this number best used in connection with the "fold to turn bet" statistic? I'm just wondering what "he bets 50%" of the turns can really tell me. When I see an AF of 3 I know that he bets more than he calls (although I don't know how often he folds); when it's 0.5, I know that he is unlikely to be but will either fold or call.

tubasteve
07-28-2007, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So when villain bets 50% of the turns, does that mean he calls the other 50%? Are folds excluded from the stats or is this number best used in connection with the "fold to turn bet" statistic? I'm just wondering what "he bets 50%" of the turns can really tell me. When I see an AF of 3 I know that he bets more than he calls (although I don't know how often he folds); when it's 0.5, I know that he is unlikely to be but will either fold or call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The AF% just means that he either bets or raises x% of the time, and does something else the other (100-x)%.

Panic__NL
07-29-2007, 01:38 PM
great topic, thanks for the tips.

PaulG
07-29-2007, 05:09 PM
How do you get the text labels (eg, FCB, ATS, etc) on PAHUD next to the player stats?

I've looked through the PA help and cannot see a way to do it.

tubasteve
07-29-2007, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you get the text labels (eg, FCB, ATS, etc) on PAHUD next to the player stats?

I've looked through the PA help and cannot see a way to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres a box for formatting. its normally blank, you just have to type in "FCB: ~". the ~ inserts the numerical value.