PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - KK flops top set

Willem
07-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I think this is a very basic hand, but I think I need to work on the fundamentals of my game because I'm losing at 25NL at the moment.

Villain seems like a solid player. I have been playing solid too I think.

1: Is pf okay? I was thinking reraising lets villain play perfect so a call was better.

2: What is my plan for the flop and the rest of the hand? I think betting out makes it the easiest to stack AA and AK, while checking gets a c-bet out of QQ and perhaps AQ.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($26.50)
Hero ($33)
CO ($65.60) (23/14/6.5)
Button ($33.15)
SB ($22.40)
BB ($13.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($6.35) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...?

reef2287
07-27-2007, 10:05 AM
repop pre most of the time, that way a c-bet on the flop makes it larger, more enticing for villan to call and then, i like a c/r here because we can give him a free card and some time to catch up and if he has a good hand, he regard our check as weakness and we'll stack him

reef2287
07-27-2007, 10:06 AM
and then that makes a bigger pot so more monies, sorry i didn't finish my thought before moving on to what i'd do as played

hunt1897
07-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Based on Villians stats, I would re-raise pre-flop, this villian is a strong player and probably not easy to stack. If he has AA, nothing we can do, if he has 1010 JJ QQ, a lot of flops will put on the brakes because we called his RR.

As played, his af is so high, crai.

IMO.

reef2287
07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
don't CRAI, your losing value, you have the nuts with no draws, slowplay it to maximize monies

hunt1897
07-27-2007, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't CRAI, your losing value, you have the nuts with no draws, slowplay it to maximize monies

[/ QUOTE ]

You think a Villian with those stats is not going to call with AA? If he has QQ, he is not gonna put in another penney if we call his flop bet anyway.

monkeymaps
07-27-2007, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way your making much money here is if he has AA or AK so I actully like leading sometimes here you will most likely get raised on the flop if you lead and then ity sets up a crai on the turn.

I dont really see checking flop and turn.

Fiksdal
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Interesting hand OP. You have managed to find a hand where I am gonna reccomend slow-playing.

I typically c/c here. THe board is really dry, and we dont want to scare away QQ and lower pairs by representing AK with a CR. If a PSB goes in on the flop the pot building process is going well enough.

Lead any turn for 1/2 pot. If flop happens to check through (unlikely but possible IMO), lead any turn for 3/4 pot.

monkeymaps
07-27-2007, 10:47 AM
do you ever donk bet here? I find that most TAGS put in a obligitory raise here in a 3 bet pot. then agian alot of TAG shut down with QQ in a A/K high flop so I can see your point.

Fiksdal
07-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah I guess.. actually this got me thinking. I am wondering how villain will respond with QQ/JJ here if we donkbet. I know one thing, if I was in villains shoes, I certainly wouldn't give hero credit for a move like that. Because donkbets are often full of [censored].

Willem
07-27-2007, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I guess.. actually this got me thinking. I am wondering how villain will respond with QQ/JJ here if we donkbet. I know one thing, if I was in villains shoes, I certainly wouldn't give hero credit for a move like that. Because donkbets are often full of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually the main reason why I chose to donk the flop here. Villain tought for a long time and then folded, so I don't know, he might have gotten fancy with a SC pf, or he might have folded QQ because he was thinking that me having AK here was too likely.