PDA

View Full Version : I moved up so they will respect my raises. But now they are 3betting

Pokerdemic
07-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi All,

I have been taking some shots at NL50, and the first obvious change I have noticed is that there is more preflop 3betting. if you are playing against a LAG, someone who is running 30/22 (those are LAG numbers right?), and you open for 4xbb from EP, and he re-pops from the button, what range do you put him on? In NL 25, it's almost always JJ+

What about NL 50? Any difference? if you want to share any other glaring differences you notice between nl25 and nl50, feel free.

Fiksdal
07-27-2007, 10:03 AM
This is too dependent on history, stats and table dynamics to give any general answer to. You have to post some specific hands with sufficient background information.

Rednas
07-27-2007, 10:08 AM
AQo+
99+

Jzo19
07-27-2007, 10:09 AM
there's no way to know w/o reads some 30/22 have a very low 3betting range while there's one player a reg at 50 nl who 3bets 15% of the time in LP ...there's a HUD in the software forum that gives 3 bet % in all positions u should check it out ...RT HUD

hunt1897
07-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I think in order to get used to a higher level as you move up, you need to tighten your range a little in EP. This will get you used to getting 3 bet and get you used to the money difference (usually the biggest problem). NL50 on most sites doesn't really 3 bet that much. Get a larger sample size and I think you will find this to be the case.
At NL50, a 30/22 is 3 betting with almost any PP's and suited connectors. They are one of the toughest kind of player's to deal with. Table selection starts to become a little more valuable at this level also.

IMO.

Jzo19
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think in order to get used to a higher level as you move up, you need to tighten your range a little in EP. This will get you used to getting 3 bet and get you used to the money difference (usually the biggest problem). NL50 on most sites doesn't really 3 bet that much. Get a larger sample size and I think you will find this to be the case.
At NL50, a 30/22 is 3 betting with almost any PP's and suited connectors. They are one of the toughest kind of player's to deal with. Table selection starts to become a little more valuable at this level also.

IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not going to out your sn but i think ur the reg at 50nl that im talking about,so plz stop 3betting the [censored] out of me lol .. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pokerdemic
07-27-2007, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

So can I ask what screen names on PS to stay away from? or is that too personal and taboo?

hunt1897
07-27-2007, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

So can I ask what screen names on PS to stay away from? or is that too personal and taboo?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can ask, but will probably get no answers, PS is actually pretty soft, FT is much tougher. Buy PT and Hud, that will tell you all you need to know.