PDA

View Full Version : Tpgk in spot on turn

cooker3
07-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $22.75
hero (BB): $99.85
UTG: $52.90
MP: $62.10
CO: $50.00
BTN: $55.50

Reads: <font color="blue">MP is 40/20/3 over about 150 hands
SB is 31/10/0 over 30 hands and looks like a donk to me</font>

Preflop: hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.50</font>, CO calls $1.50, BTN folds, SB calls $1.25, hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($6) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $4.00</font>, CO folds, SB calls $4.00, hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($18) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Qhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $17.25</font>, hero calls $17.25

Pot Size: $52.50

I think sb can be on a draw a lot and is just representing scare card. I find short stack donks tend to be aggressive.
I think MP doesn't have much a good bit here considering his stats.
Is this hand good or bad from me?

Spurious
07-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Fold PF, your hand is easily dominated.
Flop: r/f
Turn: fold

The thing about SB is, that he hasn't been aggressive at all, you got to give him credit for that.

cooker3
07-27-2007, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: r/f

The thing about SB is, that he hasn't been aggressive at all, you got to give him credit for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why raise/fold, raising just eliminates most of the hands I beat (nothing) and overpairs are certainly not going to fold.
Meh the stats are over 30 hands, so his flop af is pretty meaningless

Spurious
07-27-2007, 07:52 AM
He still played 10hands and never did anything aggressive.
You want to take the pot down right there imo.
Your TP is worthless on the turn most of the time, therefore i'd prefer take down the pot right there. But if he reraises you know you're beaten.

cooker3
07-27-2007, 08:02 AM
If he has overcards then he is drawing to 6 outs, if he has a underpair then he is drawing to 2 outs. If he has an overpair then I am drawing to 5 outs and want to see a turn. I don't see what I should be so scared of seeing the turn so much and my hand is far from worthless imo.
Btw I am talking about the MP here, sb is a donk so think I am miles ahead of him so don't really care what he does on the turn.

Spurious
07-27-2007, 08:06 AM
You seriously wanna go to SD?
I am talking about SB btw, since he is the one moving allin and i think he got you as well.

relativity_x
07-27-2007, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't recommend playing K9o OOP from an ep raiser.

Also, I'd go for a check/raise on the flop to take it down there.

TJ got there on the turn, and you're not ahead of much here, so it's an easy fold.

FWIW, you don't have TPGK on the turn.

BackdoorQuads
07-27-2007, 08:14 AM
If you think SB is on a draw, which one? The most obvious draw is TJ, overs plus an OESD, and that hits on the turn. As played, fold turn. Fold pre-flop. Raise-fold flop. Villain either has overs and will probably fold (or something like TJ which has a lot of outs or KQ which also has a lot of outs), or has you beat. Possibly better yet, lead on the flop?

Spurious
07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
I dont like to lead the flop because c/r looks a lot stronger.

cooker3
07-27-2007, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You seriously wanna go to SD?
I am talking about SB btw, since he is the one moving allin and i think he got you as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I do, I think I could be ahead a bit.
I don't normally call from bb but main reason I called was because I don't rate both of them so felt there was good value in it. I was going to say I don't stacked by tp but lol this hand doesn't exactly prove it.
I don't see why I want to end this hand on the flop, I want to extract maximum value which is the main thing and I do think I am ahead, yeah it's marginal but I think a lot of above advice is bt scared and wants to end hand too quickly.
Anyone agree?

canavarr
07-27-2007, 03:10 PM
fold preflop as you will either win small or lose big with K9o.
flop might be ok, I'm not sure if I want to raise when there is 2 more people in the pot including the preflop raiser. If I were the preflop raiser in position with a single opponent, and opponent donkbets me I'd r/f, but not here.
fold turn, you have a mediocre holding, a very passive player just went all in, there is still MP to act after you. fold...

DaycareInferno
07-27-2007, 03:10 PM
don't take this the wrong way, but this whole hand is really bad.

the most troubling part is the turn though. you've convinced yourself that your opponent has the one thing you beat, even though that would make no sense at all, because you don't want to fold your hand. thinking like that will lose you lots, and lots of money.

more than likely the SB either had a big hand on the flop or made 2pair on the turn and bet it. you're not going to see people c/c flop oop and then bet their stack with air in unraised multiway pots EVER, and there are no draws, soooo, that's just a horrible call.

don't be like my homegame friends that always put me on the one hand they beat.

cooker3
07-27-2007, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't take this the wrong way, but this whole hand is really bad.

the most troubling part is the turn though. you've convinced yourself that your opponent has the one thing you beat, even though that would make no sense at all, because you don't want to fold your hand. thinking like that will lose you lots, and lots of money.

more than likely the SB either had a big hand on the flop or made 2pair on the turn and bet it. you're not going to see people c/c flop oop and then bet their stack with air in unraised multiway pots EVER, and there are no draws, soooo, that's just a horrible call.

don't be like my homegame friends that always put me on the one hand they beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, don't worry I appreciate all advice whether it is critical or not.

I don't recall saying I think he has a draw in op, I regard him as donk due to stats and more importantly he bought in short, in this situation he could have draw but I also think he could have lots of other random crap such as middle pair, bottom pair, no pair, anything, at this level donks love to be aggressive which is why I think I can be ahead of him. His bet didn't make sense to me, it seemed scared and it looked like he wanted us to fold. So I didn't put him on just T7 and call, I just fold if I had him on purely a draw.