PDA

View Full Version : AA- and I´m helpless

ToomuchCoffee
07-27-2007, 07:18 AM
First post,great forum! I played MS limit and start NL now and I´m lost OOP! No reads on MP2.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $103.45
BB: $63.40
Hero (UTG): $54.30
UTG+1: $49.25
MP1: $50.00
MP2: $72.90
MP3: $129.45
CO: $31.15
BTN: $43.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (9 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls $2.00, 5 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, MP2 calls $4.00

Turn: ($12.75) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, MP2 calls $8.00

River: ($28.75) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP2 checks

Pot Size: $28.75

When I checked the river, I already thought: What now if he bets more than half pot?

zerosports
07-27-2007, 07:22 AM
When you check the river you induce a bluff from him. As played you should call any reasonable bet villain does on the river.

If it was me I would bet the river for value myself, inducing a bluff here is not so good because villain doesn't have much to represent.

Also, I think if villain has a hand that beats you (2pair+), he would have made it by the turn and raised you. The river 3 couldn't have improved his hand so coupled with the above, I don't think the river check is good at all.

ToomuchCoffee
07-27-2007, 07:44 AM
I thought, he could not be on a straightdraw, calling the flopbet. So his holdings should be pp or AJ -9J. But after he called the turnbet i thought im toast. There is no need for him to raise the turn with a made hand, i think.

tms
07-27-2007, 08:15 AM
It doesn't mean your toast when he calls the turn, maybe if he raised it. River is an easy value bet, around $15ish.

BackdoorQuads
07-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Bet the river. You can think about folding if he shoves, but that seems very unlikely.

lsaw2
07-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Play it the same until the river, I bet ~$15 if he's passive, if he's aggressive I don't mind a c/c.

Rednas
07-27-2007, 09:24 AM
He will call a riverbet with Jx (which he will have the majority of the time), fold with T9 and raise with better hands. So I would like a bet in this situation (~1/2 pot).

Mingdu
07-27-2007, 09:30 AM
How can you have no reads? ... you've been at the table together for at least one orbit

reef2287
07-27-2007, 09:54 AM
straight draw would be 9/10, aj would play the same way, any set would reraise turn most likely as you have shown strength and don't look to go anywhere, you are way ahead of villans range, please bet 1/2 that pot on the river for valuetown-- i don't see why you think your behind, most, if not all players, will not call a raise from an UTG raiser with j 9 from MP with other players left to act

reef2287
07-27-2007, 09:55 AM
but btw, post in full ring, i'm a 6max guy so that could be spewey advice. . .

You're No Daisy
07-27-2007, 10:10 AM
You played the hand correctly. Checking the river is good because though you have Aces, it's only one pair and you're out of position. Villain could be playing two pair so if you bet the river, you're generally getting called by a hand that beats you. I'm assuming villain has AJ, KJ, QJ, or a busted straight since he checked behind on the river? Because you're out of position and villain has called on the flop and turn, there's no reason to bet the river. I doubt he has a straight because he would have put in a large bet on the river. As I said before, checking the river is good here. I'd probably call a reasonably sized bet on the river (i.e. 1/4 of the pot but nothing bigger). If villain was chasing a straight, take notes on him and keep exploiting that weakness. Nice hand.

AC

Fiksdal
07-27-2007, 10:24 AM
grunch

welcome to the forum.

fine up until river, where you should make another bet for value. Most Jx hands are calling, trust me. The disadvantage of checking is that villain might check behind with hands he would have called a bet with, happy to see a showdown for free. Also, you surrender control of which parts of his range he puts in a bet with. He gets to decide how often a bet goes in instead of you.

Also, you should post full ring hands in the full ring forum. This forum is for 6max discussion only. The optimal solution however, is probably to start playing 6 max instead and keep posting in this forum.

Baintz
07-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm half potting the river every time. Any decent Jack will probably call you here, and it stops you facing a big bet if he will bluff big with a missed straight. Two pair or better generally raises turn.

However, I don't play full ring, but thats what I'd do at 6max

sightless
07-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I bet little less on flop,otheriwse thats how I'd pplay it vs unkown

WarhammerIIC
07-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Well, you bet the turn (bet a little more next time... the bet looks scared and the board is draw heavy now), so you must have thought you had the best hand there. What could the 3 have helped? You have to bet that. There are a ton of people online that can't lay down top pair here. There is definitely value in betting (i.e. a worse hand might call), so bet.

ToomuchCoffee
07-27-2007, 01:49 PM
His holding was JQc so he was on a gutshot-flushdraw with top pair. I thought if he holds something like that he would shove and i also thought it would be clear that i hold PP. I think next time I´ll just bet the River, (in this case I think he would have folded).