PDA

View Full Version : Micro ($10NL, 6 max) - Starting out

Peleus
07-27-2007, 05:46 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to (or considering) making the switch to 6 max. From what I hear its generally more profitable for a decent player, and I'm keen to give it a go. Currently only done around 6k hands to micro limits ($5 / $10nl) and I'm up around $100.

General style is TAG, around 18% VPIP and 12ish% PFR. Fairly agressive post flop. Can someone give me an idea of what to aim for in 6 max?

I don't want to go in there and think OMG 4 less player, raise 83o UTG. How much looser should I be? I'm not really talking about the hands you get clear value out of (QQ+) as you can generally figure these out, as in which hands should I play poker with? K10s in MP ok to raise if folded to me etc?

Starting charts? Basic strat's? I've had a quick look through the FAQ's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Jzo19
07-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Nl anthology (http://www.pr0crast.com/2+2.NL.Anthology.v1.htm) FTW

LG87
07-27-2007, 05:55 AM
i also started out playing full ring and then switched to 6 max. the difference really isnt that big. keep going with TAG style and you should be just fine. i wouldnt try to lag it up. there's simply no need for it

kflip
07-27-2007, 06:02 AM
One thing I repeatedly read about is to just think about it as if the 3 or 4 early positions of a FR table had folded before.

btw, just going with your usual FR play at first should not be of any harm. Just gradually loosen up your game after you've gained confidence at 6max.

BackdoorQuads
07-27-2007, 06:03 AM
As long as you're aggressive, play tight from early positions, steal a decent amount of the time, and can fold decent hands when you're probably beaten, you shouldn't have much of a problem. And read all of the NL anthology.

Peleus
07-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Well I just got my ass handed to me.

LG87
07-27-2007, 08:04 AM
give some hh's, people usually have problems when they start playing 6 max because they think everyone's trying to bluff.