PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: AA OOP 3 bets...horrible board ?

SirFelixCat
07-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Villain is 16/10/2.3 and knows what he is doing. I'm always pretty lost in these spots as obv. this board crushes my range, so therefore how the hell do we extract money on a extremely dry board?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SirFelixCat (SB): $125.05
BB: $14.85
UTG: $29.20
CO: $53.00
BTN: $49.25

Preflop: SirFelixCat is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">SirFelixCat raises to $6.50</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $5.00

Flop: ($13.50) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SirFelixCat ???

xeanatic
07-27-2007, 04:56 AM
just make your normal continuation bet and hope he has A/K or KK. Betting this flop imo is the best way to extract value.

Sweir
07-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Yea I would fire $9 (or whatever) on the flop and take it from there.

Fiksdal
07-27-2007, 05:26 AM
Truth of the matter is, most of the time we aren't gonna extract much here and there isn't much we can do about it. I usually make a standard cbet here of $10.5, but of course, this is indeed gonna just take down the pot a lot of the time.

What is our alternative though? Checking? I think the problem with this is that while a lot of villains range is afraid of the board, most of it does have showdown value, so he will too often just check nehind looking for a that showdown. This would suck of course. Villain doesn't seem like a bluff happy dude either.

I think we should just stick to ABC here and lead for $10.5. after all we don't KNOW that villain doesn't have the case ace or KK. If villain calls though I am typically checking the turn in case it was just a position float from him.

SirFelixCat
07-27-2007, 05:55 AM
Ok, it seemed obvious to me, but man, these spots kinda suck because the chances of villain having a hand that he wants to tangle with here is SOOOOOO small.

FWIW, I did Cbet here to $10.50 and he just mucked.

*sigh*

eta: but if you see my graph in the 'brew, I can't sigh too hard /images/graemlins/wink.gif

members_only
07-27-2007, 06:53 AM
If you've been restealing a fair amount or if you always c-bet when you 3-bet oop you should definitely bet. But if you don't, mightn't a check here be good? If he has an unlikely AK or KK, the money is going in anyway. But checking allows you to get additional value from bluffs, and from when he hits a set if he checks behind with something like JJ. As it's a 3-bet pot, you don't have to work that hard to build it, and you aren't really worried about giving away free cards. The only advantage of betting is if you think he is more likely to felt AQ/AJ to a lead and turn bet than to a crai.

Thoughts?