PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: 99 OOP flops set but not the best board, DEEP!

SirFelixCat
07-27-2007, 04:28 AM
Villain is 52/22/1.8 over about 100 hands and is, well, not good. He likes to play way too many hands and calls down lightly.

Notice how deep we are as well, please.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $33.40
BB: $16.70
UTG: $85.25
MP: $58.20
CO: $98.20
SirFelixCat (BTN): $97.60

Preflop: SirFelixCat is dealt 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, SirFelixCat calls $2.00, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $5.50</font>, <font color="red">SirFelixCat raises to $18.25</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $96.20</font>, SirFelixCat ???

Now, I know people will think "OMG you have set, just push!", but isn't JJ and QQ well w/i his range? In fact, I almost 3 bet preflop because this cat likes to steal, but in the end just called.

This should be fun!

DaycareInferno
07-27-2007, 04:32 AM
well, JJ/QQ are well within his range, but so are a ton of hands that you beat, especially if he likes to steal. i think the check/raise is good there, since a bet is as near a sure thing as you can get, and i call the push, deep or not.

Genz
07-27-2007, 04:33 AM
why do you raise this flop if you don't want to call a push?!? Do you want him to fold or call you down with AQ or what? Being this deep? I think I flat call this flop and see what happens. I am more likely to push on a blank turn when his combo draws lost a big chunk of their equity. And you don't need to worry about giving your hand away with this line if you say that villain calls down too lightly anyway.

As played, I probably call because looking at his stats, QQ, JJ are certainly in his range (6 combos only), but J9, Q9, J9, AQ, AKs etc. are just as mutch esp. when he likes to overplay hands.

tubasteve
07-27-2007, 04:34 AM
this is absolutely gross. i think you have to call though because draws are a large part of his range if hes really aggro and bad, you also beat two pairs he could have and you have outs against a straight.

shoxbb6
07-27-2007, 04:36 AM
If he calls down lightly he probably overvalues hands.

Board: 9s Js Qh
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 62.910% 61.84% 01.07% 18979 328.00 { 9c9h }
Hand 1: 37.090% 36.02% 01.07% 11055 328.00 { JJ+, AsQs, AsTs, KsTs, QJs, QsTs, QJo }

SirFelixCat
07-27-2007, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is absolutely gross. i think you have to call though because draws are a large part of his range if hes really aggro and bad, you also beat two pairs he could have and you have outs against a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, lemme preface by saying I don't like your location nor your blatant advertising in the 'brew, fwiw.

That said, if this is gross, how you would you have played it?

Any spade, 7, 8, T, K, or A is a horrible card for me. Therefore, if we're gonna play this hand, don't you think getting it in on the flop is the best way to see the river?

BackdoorQuads
07-27-2007, 05:27 AM
I think pushing here allows villain to play perfectly. You've shown a ton of strength and villain says "I don't care, I'm willing to felt this."

Now, that doesn't seem to bode well for us, until we look at the hands we think villain will felt...QQ and JJ are obviously bad. KT and 8T aren't good, but we're in decent shape. AA and KK are hands we're crushing. AQs/KQs plays like this, probably AKs and ATs, possibly Axs, but I won't say for sure. Oh, and all the two-pair hands, I'm guessing.
So...PokerStove time...

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

63,360 games 0.005 secs 12,672,000 games/sec

Board: 9s Js Qh
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 49.632% 48.75% 00.88% 30888 559.00 { 9c9h }
Hand 1: 50.368% 49.49% 00.88% 31354 559.00 { JJ+, AsKs, AsQs, AsTs, KsQs, KTs, QcJc, QdJd, QTs, Qd9d, T8s, KTo, QcJd, QcJs, QdJc, QdJs, QhJc, QhJd, QhJs, Qc9d, Qd9c, Qs9c, Qs9d, T8o }

Flip a coin...

tubasteve
07-27-2007, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, lemme preface by saying I don't like your location nor your blatant advertising in the 'brew, fwiw.

That said, if this is gross, how you would you have played it?

Any spade, 7, 8, T, K, or A is a horrible card for me. Therefore, if we're gonna play this hand, don't you think getting it in on the flop is the best way to see the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said to call the all-in.

Fiksdal
07-27-2007, 05:33 AM
A guy with a 22 PFR raises from the CO, and we have a pair of nines and position on him. We are easily ahead of his range, and I re-raise here about alwys.

Flop: This guy seems like some kind of a spewtard. That 1.8 is actually not so low at all. For someone with that VPIP, it's actually quite high. KT, T8, JJ, QQ are in his range, so we aren't exactly crushing it, but I think we are ahead of it. I am pretty sure a guy like this is playing AA/KK exactly the seme. A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif of course, actually Asxs might be in his range here.. Oh yeah and a lot of other draws. And even if he happens to have something like a made straight, then in that case we have 9 outs on the turn and 10 outs on the river.

I call, but it's not an excellent spot.

SirFelixCat
07-27-2007, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A guy with a 22 PFR raises from the CO, and we have a pair of nines and position on him. We are easily ahead of his range, and I re-raise here about alwys.

Flop: This guy seems like some kind of a spewtard. That 1.8 is actually not so low at all. For someone with that VPIP, it's actually quite high. KT, T8, JJ, QQ are in his range, so we aren't exactly crushing it, but I think we are ahead of it. I am pretty sure a guy like this is playing AA/KK exactly the seme. A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif of course, actually Asxs might be in his range here.. Oh yeah and a lot of other draws. And even if he happens to have something like a made straight, then in that case we have 9 outs on the turn and 10 outs on the river.

I call, but it's not an excellent spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I did call.

But, since you don't like the spot, what line would you have taken here, fellas?

BackdoorQuads
07-27-2007, 05:56 AM
I do like your line, actually. I don't want to flat call because 1) There's a good chance we have the best hand. 2) If we don't, a ton of cards can potentially come on the turn and we'll get blown out by a big bet. 3) If we do have the best hand, it might not be best on the turn.

So, I do want to raise. As I mentioned earlier, pushing allows villain to play perfectly. He can call with a straight, JJ, QQ, probably muck KK and AA and maybe QJ. He might call with a big draw, but even then you're not all that well off. So I don't like a push. Your raise was good. And, as stated, call the push.

tubasteve
07-27-2007, 06:03 AM
there isn't really another line, you're just unfortunately forced to make a really high-variance call here. the spot sucks because theres nothing you can do about it, not because you played it wrong or because you suck, lol.

Waingro
07-27-2007, 06:52 AM
I think you played this hand very well and I donīt think the call is close at all. This guy is NOT pushing just the nuts and combo-draws, he pushes a lot of stuff that you have great equity against, like AQ and probably some single draws as well.

SirFelixCat
07-27-2007, 04:08 PM
He actually accused me of slow rolling. C'est la vie. But thank you all and just wanted to x2 check:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $33.40
BB: $16.70
UTG: $85.25
MP: $58.20
CO: $98.20
SirFelixCat (BTN): $97.60

Preflop: SirFelixCat is dealt 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, SirFelixCat calls $2.00, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $5.50</font>, <font color="red">SirFelixCat raises to $18.25</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $96.20</font>, SirFelixCat calls all-in for $77.35
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to CO

Turn: ($197.45) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($197.45) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $197.45 ($3 Rake)

CO had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$97.60)
SirFelixCat had 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (three of a kind, Nines) and WON (+$96.85)