PDA

View Full Version : 45s flops a straight but things get ugly quick

jerryf1914
07-27-2007, 03:22 AM
villian is tag and aggro

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $15.89
BB: $14.03
Hero (UTG): $9.85
MP: $22.97
CO: $9.86
BTN: $8.63

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($1.30) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.40</font>, BB calls $0.40, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.70) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, Hero???

Genz
07-27-2007, 03:25 AM
get out. you have the idiot end of the straight. playing this to the bitter end will make you feel really stupid, I promise. I've been there.

shoxbb6
07-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Raise the flop more, 2.5 is good.
Turn is a fold, any 9 or spade just got there and you only beat a bluff now.

Nytecaster
07-27-2007, 03:34 AM
This is why small suited connectors are worse than they look and should be adjusted based on it. You lose a few outs even if you do flop a draw just by the mere fact two flush cards come or you end up with an ignorant end of a straight by the river.

Genz
07-27-2007, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is why small suited connectors are worse than they look and should be adjusted based on it. You lose a few outs even if you do flop a draw just by the mere fact two flush cards come or you end up with an ignorant end of a straight by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm no. Only if you overplay them.

Nytecaster
07-27-2007, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is what I pretty much said except with a bit of detail for those who are new to the NL/PL games. This is a microlimit forum and I don't expect many here to be an expert and understand what overplaying means.

tubasteve
07-27-2007, 03:59 AM
its perfectly ok to just give up here.

Genz
07-27-2007, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is what I pretty much said except with a bit of detail for those who are new to the NL/PL games. This is a microlimit forum and I don't expect many here to be an expert and understand what overplaying means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can wreck every hand if you overplay it. So your point is pretty generic. What is true though is that you shouldn't fall too much for easily dominated straights and flushes.