PDA

View Full Version : deep pf spot

Guruman
07-26-2007, 09:46 PM
re:villains - I need to find a new table.

we're all pretty deep here, and this is a playing for stacks situation.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $44.50
Guruman: $29.90
CO: $27.90
Button: $48.70
SB: $26.45
BB: $24.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Guruman is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman raises to $1.25</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $5</font>, UTG calls, Guruman...

given the action so far I'm positive that an AKish hand is mixed in there somewhere, and it looks like a big pp as well - the question is how big?

I'm a former limit player that is completely unused to not auto-capping this hand pf vs everyone, so bear with me:

I'm not closing the action so I can't call, we're really deep so making a mistake on a push is disastrous. that only leaves folding if we rule out someone making a play at a big pot. We should generally be able to rule that out though, as dudes arent ballsy/stupid enough to do that at this level. Is this correct?

BevillTheDevil
07-26-2007, 09:53 PM
at 25NL i dont mind get AI w/ QQ pf and we do have FE in a push here and take down a decent pot if it does fold around. Against unknowns this spot is kinda wierd and tbh im not sure whats the best play. I guess you could call pf and most likely BTN will call behind then you can look for set??

corsakh
07-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Push at 25NL is atrocious. Call and play the flop. Depends on opponent and your history with him, but I would probably c/c if no ace no king comes. Sometimes a raise on a rag board can be profitable because he will be calling with JJ-TT, sometimes even with AK but probably not this deep. Against some types its better to set mine.

tarheeljks
07-26-2007, 10:47 PM
we have 120bb, how are we deep?

corsakh
07-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry we are not deep at all, I looked at wrong stacks.

Capone
07-26-2007, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Push at 25NL is atrocious. Call and play the flop. Depends on opponent and your history with him, but I would probably c/c if no ace no king comes. Sometimes a raise on a rag board can be profitable because he will be calling with JJ-TT, sometimes even with AK but probably not this deep. Against some types its better to set mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Utg called, and button is still left to act, why do we want to call.

QQ plays a lot better HU then against 4 players.

Kasane
07-26-2007, 10:54 PM
This isn't deep at all.

I think we have to rr here with UTG cold calling 2 and button still to call (any two he called with originally will still call). What's BB playing like? I guess it hardly matters except extremely nitty, but you reraise and call a push reluctantly.

Peter Harris
07-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Guru, you need 150BB before you even begin to approach "deep". You are right that shoving is a disaster as it forces most opponents to play perfect (calling AA/KK/AKs). you should be calling and seeing how the flop comes down. I know you're not last to act, but you are seriously curtailed by your hand and how it's going to be valued on the flop.

I say call, hope last to act doesn't reopen betting, flop top set and profit.

Capone
07-26-2007, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guru, you need 150BB before you even begin to approach "deep". You are right that shoving is a disaster as it forces most opponents to play perfect (calling AA/KK/AKs). you should be calling and seeing how the flop comes down. I know you're not last to act, but you are seriously curtailed by your hand and how it's going to be valued on the flop.

I say call, hope last to act doesn't reopen betting, flop top set and profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

g00t advice.

vixticator
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Pot is like $13ish (I think more). You have only put in $1.25 and this is push or fold isn't it? I go all in here because of all the dead money, UTG and Button seem to be donating. BB basically minraised... leads me to believe he's an idiot. So, I push and gamble. Certainly one if not two people are calling.

Capone
07-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Do you think they call with worse then AK, AA, KK vix?

vixticator
07-26-2007, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think they call with worse then AK, AA, KK vix?

[/ QUOTE ]I think UTG is calling/donating based on his PF play and I doubt he has any of these hands. BB probably doesn't call lighter, if he ever folds AK for some reason that would be awesome. It's certainly close, we have a bit of FE. Expect both of them to call at least half the time. Both fold very rarely. One calls almost always. Lots of dead money. Decent gambling spot.

Guruman
07-27-2007, 12:17 AM
thx all.

I figured that rolling up on 1.5 x BI was getting deep (hell I figured a full buy in all around was deep) but I'm still calibrating, so there's that.

I folded out of an expectation that I'd do something stupid on the flop no matter what happened, button 'wtf'd and tanked, then folded. flop came low and a $10 cont bet took it.

To further the discussion:

If I make the call, button folds and I get checked to on an underflop I still have a whole big buncha mistakes to make:

1)cont betting and folding to a CRshove
2)cont betting and calling a CRshove
3)checking through and kicking the cat when an A falls on the turn

This hand is playing very awkwardly for me because it sits right on the fence between a set-mining hand and a showdown hand pf and on any underflop. showdown hands don't want lots of opponents in the pot with them, and set-mining hands want as much implied odds as they can get - so the two strategies compete and lead to big mistakes in a big pot - hence the fold.

corsakh
07-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Your not cbetting since your not the preflop aggressor. With a pot this big you should be getting it all in on any no A no K flop.

EMc
07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
with the 2 calls i probably just get it over and shove.